Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Yesin069
    539 posts

@martygod12

I am not trashing about Odyssey - I just disliked that game as an AC title. I am no historian who knows a lot about ancient greece nor medieval vikings. I also dislike that we had no assassins for THREE games in a franchise called ASSASSIN'S Creed.

For me it was okay to make ONE Origins title but they gone too far with Odyssey and just gone back a little with Valhalla. I just like that Valhalla didn't forget all the other titles and mentioned past characters and connected some loose plot points from earlier titles. Odyssey simply added nothing to the major to the whole AC plot. You can just erase Odyssey from the mainline AC games and it wouldn't change that much.

Ialso hate about the fact that even in Odyssey it was more possible to do stealth. In Valhalla I can't kill two dudes without getting spotted or using cheese tactics like whistling in bushes.

In my opinion Odyssey does it's own thing and pushed the lore and the gameplay into directions that are not meant for AC games. It was too much numbers and too much combat which we still see of in Valhalla (less numbers but even more combat). Also this mechanics push Ubisoft into releasing more microtransactions. When you give a game with armor sets and RPG mechanics to greedy publishers, they will surely try to monetize every last thing out of it.

I don't want to start this discussion again because everyone has a opinion about Odyssey as an AC title and everyone has his own arguments that are more important for him.

In conclusion we hopefully can say that we all want assassins back and at leats working stealth mechanics as an option (not always just combat).

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Thanks for that. I guess I'll keep playing it to face the mini boss and then hang it up again. I was an idiot and already bought the DLC so I'll let you know how it plays once I get it.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@forcefrank

thnx, still for me it will be only worth it once its heavily discounted.

• Yesin069
    539 posts

@forcefrank

I dont even think of starting any river raid before the next patch arrives and fixes the biggest issues.

River raids seem to be very unfinished and unpolished (like the main game). You have no raven, no horse, no vikings singing, copy-and-pasted areas, reskinned armors, underwhelming new abilities, useless skills just for river raids (like the ship-based ones). Also it would make a huge difference if we could select from what point we start those river raids. We always start at the same point and have to travel to the areas far away without any ambient music, viking songs, dialogue or anything. It is just dead and embarrassing that this was done by triple-a-devs.

I also wont think of playing the story dlc directly after release. At least one patch is always needed from Ubisoft to fix all the new major bugs and flaws introduces by the new content.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

also keep in mind that with the state of the game ( filled with bugs still) that when ever new content is released new bugs arise.
    So yeah, ill wait till everything is released and has a nice discount before ill consider playing again.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@yesin069 I had those same concerns and thoughts while playing wrt why we can't do certain things we CAN do in the main game. It's like Ubi had a group of brand new devs who focus on anything other than game dev do the work on river raids. Do you think Ubi will actually make gameplay changes to it, assuming content was left out on purpose or by mistake? The worst part for me is the raid locations along the rivers look exactly the same and are typically over before I engage anyone. It's such a departure from the main game on so many levels.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

All they did was add even more content thats empty to the game.

The excisting forts and monasteries all look somewhat different from each other.

Why not trigger an effect that would give these locations a new purpose once you have completed all quests in the game, that way you could actually stuff in England.

• Yesin069
    539 posts

@asgardian02

Yes, I also would have prefered an option to replay the actual raids in the main game. Just give the ma narrative twist and finally give us a proper option to farm silver, runes and other materials.

I am 30 % into the game and still have just 1 fabric. They balanced this game in a way that it is impossible to get this stuff early without going into high level areas. The problem is that without the arc in those areas activated a lot of locations cant be reached. So if you want fabric early you have to try your luck in high level areas and replay the same stuff later when you play the story there.

Valhalla shouldnt be an RPG in the first place i think. There are mechanics in this game that clearly arent supposed to be in an RPG with levels and stuff like that. Also those endgame things they are forcefully adding to Valhalla. This game isnt made for stuff like that. It should be a normal Action game. Just give us the option to farm fabric, runes and all other stuff like we want. If i want to farm this stuff to get 6 rations, why the hell does Ubisoft slow me down? Even without rations at all i would never die in this game so just give us those options for completionists who want to check those marks early (like upgrading all the stuff). Why the hell fabric is exclusive to higher level areas? This decision is beyond me. Just make the main game raids repeatable and always give us new chests to grind some stuff there. Easy as that. No need for this useles river raid maps. I prefer staying in the main game world.

In Origins and Odyssey it was the level that hindered us to play missions and now in Valhalla we cant get enoght materials if we dont go to endgame areas without a purpose. I just want to go to areas if i have a quest there. I still wait to find my second fabric in this game to finally get some more arrows. I played for nearly 100 hours now and still at 30% with 1!!!!!! fabric. It is impossible to play fully stealth in this game and impossible to play a fully archer. I get no arrows back even with all skills unlocked that should give me more arrows. If i shoot 5 arrows at an enemie and have a skill that should give them back to me, i expect to get 5 back. Sadly always i get 1 or 2 arrows back and need to go back into the boring combat with all those repetitive animations. It is really hard to play Valhalla after some playing of Nioh 2. Ubisoft should really learn what fun coimbat looks and feels like. Valhalla combat is really boring and was more fun in earlied titles where combat was just an option if you got spotted in stealth.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

for diamond runes you need to visit the shop keeper every 2hours in game or when you have leveld up.
    Thats the best way to get all the runes.

In river raids you only get minor runes, that makes no sense.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 I wanted to progress in the river raid so I spent a couple hours yesterday messing around. My goal was to get to the mini-bosses you had described.

I explore the hell out of the rivers and just don't seem to find all the documents/gear that I need to in order to complete the 3 quests. I look at the map after selecting the quest and see unexplored raid locations, but when I get there I find nothing new, only normal large chest supplies. I use vision to search and nothing. I can't do it anymore. It still torques me that I can't use my raven.

I seem to go to the same monasteries, forts and small camps over and over and over again. The 8 Vikings that accompany me die like its nobodies business, my health gets stripped to revive them, if I get to them in time, and to me it's just a hot mess.

Last night I just went back to Fenyx Rising. Ubisoft needs to explain why river raids were designed this way and how they felt we'd enjoy it.

• Asgardian02

@forcefrank

If you just doo all military bases and monastaries in each map you should get all the gear in no time.
    If that fails, there is still youtube.

I have removed valhalla after completing the RR and went back to playing Gwent and since recently picked up the free demo for Outriders.
    Which is a lot of fun

• Yesin069
    539 posts

"We deployed two server-side hotfixes today. #AssassinsCreed

1. Addressed an issue that prevented players from using Guaranteed Assassinations after acquiring the Shoulder Bash ability.
    2. Removed a placeholder box from River Raids"

Ohh, actually Ubisoft is able to fix annoying bugs more often...but only if they affect their microtransactions! I am sure they never would have bothered in fixing the assassination bug before the next patch if there wasnt this purple box that gives us paid armor for free.

Exploits regarding XP, silver or any microtranactions are their highest priority it seems. No need in fixing quest related bugs as fast as possible. We could always wait 4 weeks for patches right?

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

spot on

• xrayspex_73
    137 posts

@yesin069

Totally agree. Ubi you are really showing your true colors. You will patch the hell out the game instantly if there are problems with MTX and the shop. Other bugs? Months go by.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics