Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• show_stoppa
    45 posts

This is something typical that I have been seeing on this forum lately. No matter what is released, people are just not content with it.

The river raids introduced several new cool mechanisms, new maps, gears and abilities, and yet people are not content.
    Just looking at this post and apparently someone would have preferred 'a transmog system' or a NG+ over a completely new game mode.

I mean seriously, there is no pleasing people in this forum.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@show_stoppa because it offers no content again there should beore Challenges and great replayability according to Ubisoft but IT just dont have any od this ... You can finish IT in few hours basically after you find the new gear and skill there Is no point of doing them again.

And no new gearS but gear just ONE new gear set which Is just a reskin So nothing special

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@show_stoppa

why cant you be honest and actually play the content and then come back?

Which new features have been introduced really?

All thats different here is that you use another ship and do the exact same raids you did through England as well.
    The only reason for doing these is to just get some cosmetics which can only be used on the river raid ship not on your regular ship.

If thats worth your time, go enjoy.

The combat is still clunky, you still have to watch the tedious finisher moves all the time.

The new armor set is a reskin of an existing armor set. Yeah great new content.

Now we just have 2 jomviking halls in the ravensthorpe.

Ubisoft boasted that this content would offer various stages of difficulty with a real challenge, but i ask you were is this hard content?
    I am facing white enemies only and most run away. For loot i get minor runes only, even though its supposed to be lvl408 content.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Oh and if you solo it to stop the idiot Jomsvikings dropping like flies, you cannot pick anything up anymore as it says your rations are full. IDK if that's only for food, but I'd find it odd a large fort would only have food chests.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

you can ram the wooden riverblocks and the continue on wards with sailing.
    Going on foot and then use your horn at locations doesnt seem to summon your team, so that sux.

Also dont bother with the villages, only take the monasteries and military camps.
    Enemies drop rations as well.

I odnt really care of my crew dies as long as there reamins one to help open the chests...

• Asgardian02

@gloomseeker

i wouldnt want a NG+ it would just mean that i would have to repeat all the endless puzzles and other tedious stuff.
    No thank you.

Would have really liked the transmog system, but since its still not there its basically to late.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

Since the bug with lip-sync is fixed i can go on and play the normal game. I really would appreciate more new features for the base game instead of new modes that are seperated. The lost tales of greece in Odyssey where good ideas for ongoing free content. I know those missions where just cut out of the game but it is better free content than this. Also it gives them more time to add features like transmog faster.

I am really sad for the devs. They are just doing what the management and people who done this stupid roadmap plan say. Ubisoft should really throw this whole roadmap away and refocus on this game.

Highest priority should be fixing ALL quest related bugs ASAP.
    Than improve stuff that doesnt work well in the base game like inventory management (please give us filters for weapons and to put on gear sets all at once).
    Than transmog.
    Than NG+.
    Than story DLC.

If they wouldnt have had to work on river raids, whe could get the story dlc next month or even by now. We clearly got nothing new since release still. These are just river raids as we know them on three maps that look like a amateur designed them. Just rivers with some locations to raid...wow!

If some Ubisoft dev sees this: I like Valhalla and the work they put into it and know that it is hard to work on games in those times but try to work for another company. Ubisoft just cant manage roadmaps or manage long time support for singleplayer games without filling them with microtransactions. What they said in their investor call doesnt raise hopes either. This company will male more money with those plans but they truly lost me as a long time buyer of their games. Focus on Free2Play mobile games and games with 5 year long roadmaps that arent made for such support plans are their future...

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

and the forts and everything look the same 😞

They promosed us a lot, but didnt make it happen.

As you said instead of this content they would better add transmog finally and fic combat and other core mechanics.

• Asgardian02

@gloomseeker

well finix rising is from the team that made odyssey.

It lkooks fun, but doesnt offer enough content yet, so ill maybe get once all dlc is released for that game.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@gloomseeker

Immortals also doesnt have the same expectations than an AC game so they didnt even plan with long time roadmaps for this game. But there we see what missing roadmaps and longtime support actually mean...games with more features from the start!

Longtime support is great for onloine games but for singleplayer games the only thing that people want are story dlcs. I would buy an Origins story dlc even today but there is no need to held features back, just to say "Hey, we will support Valhalla longer than Odyssey!". This sentence means nothing if we end up with the same (or even less) content patched into the game after release, just stretched out over longer periods of time.

As we see in their updated known issues page, river raids already have bugs that hinder us in playing them when using autosaves. But we also know Ubisoft wont fix this before mid march. I always come back to the problem with the patch frequency. It is a huge problem with Valhalla. They should fix problems this or next week at the latest.

They could bring back players if they announced 3 or 4 story dlcs every 3 months or so, instead of those useless seasons. Give us side quest, world events, new gear for free (in between all the microtransactions). We like story in singleplayer story games. Who would have thought that...

Endgame content is fine for a game that has the gameplay for it (like Nioh 2), but the combat in Valhalla isnt that fun.

I would also prefer when they finally fix stealth. IT is nearly impossible to stealth in this game (even on lowest stealth difficulty). I can just kill one guy and then everybody will see me and attack. The only tactic that works is whistle in high grass and do this for minutes over and over again. The guards shouldnt see Eivor so fast and switch directly into alert mode.

• Asgardian02

@yesin069

indeed valhalla is single player not multiplayer.

They said river raids would have a high replay value, well i odnt know who tested this, but after having done one i am all done.
    There is no fun in doing them over and over.

@Gloomseeker

i know there is a demo, thnx.
    I think i might like the game, but as i said 20-40 hours gameplay isnt a whole lot. Seeing as more dlc has yet to be released ill wait for that i buy the game once its a lot cheaper.

• Asgardian02

Completing any raid doesnt give you any xp..
    Meaning to actually lvl up takes forever as there are basically no enemies in these raids either...

• Yesin069
    548 posts

They also released a trailer with bugs...

It just stops in the middle...

• Asgardian02

@yesin069
    It's not a Bug. You see, Elisa told us, they need time to recover in Ravensthorp. Guess Ubisoft didn't revive their video editors. It's all part of the game. 🙂

• B00MSIE
    298 posts

It’s free, so what’s not to like..?

(Btw I’m Dutch 😜 )

• Asgardian02

@b00msie

dutch too 🐷

i gues you havent played the content yet...

• B00MSIE
    298 posts

@asgardian02

I have. Was expecting something like the Yule festival and found this a big improvement. Not saying it is great, but fun. Personally I do not like the raids. Also hated the wars in Odyssey. I did the monasteries solo and called the rest of my crew to open the doors/chests. When you play the river raids this way (try to play it as an assassin), it is fun.

And... It’s free!

• Asgardian02

@b00msie

i always play as an warrior, just walking through the front gate hoping to face loads of enemies, thats isnt the case here.
    Playing as an assassin seems very boring, there arent that many enemies to start with and then you have to attack each one of them from behind.

I play on drengr settings but there is no challenge.

Unfortunately when i enter a raid solo, my jomvikings wont show up when i blow the horn, so i have to enter the raid with the crew.

I wouldnt consider it free content, we paid for a game and this is just part of the game.

• Asgardian02

@gloomseeker
    my 1st ac game was odyssey which i enjoyed for the most part a lot.
    The older ones never appealed to me as i play only melee combat kind of games for the most part and i want to play a warrior always.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I bought Immortals last week from the Ubisoft store with 30% discount and an additional 20% off with U-points. I have great fun playing it. I have invested some 25 hours in the game now, and completed about 20%, so that's good. And better yet: I haven't encountered any bugs so far. (!) There are lots of puzzles in Immortals, which I happen to like, but not everyone does of course.

And regarding the River Raids: it's not really bad, but it would have been much better if the first two locations I raided did not happen to be exactly the same, and if there was somewhat more fighting to do. (Although that didn't keep my Jomsvikingr from coming close to death...) I hope the raids will become a lot tougher soon.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics