Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ChuckKatse
    196 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

i already completed all the river raid content, it will only get easier.
    The reason being that your jomvikings will become lvl2 and then lvl3.

You upgrade you hall 1st with 200 suplies, then with 600 and thats the final stage. Doesnt remotely look like what was shown in the teaser picture btw.
    You cannot customize your crew in any way. You cant select skills or weapons or gear. Havent found any way to upgrade your ship either, although it was mentioned.
    Its just cosmetics and cargo of 400 is the max.

Wouldn't call this highly repeatable if you can clear everything within a few hours...

they said the new maps would be brimming with new gear... well they gave us one set which is a reskin of the Thegn set and 1 2hand sword and a shield, yay!!! šŸ˜ž

• ChuckKatse
    196 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02

@chuckkatse

you only get skill points from lvling up.

the river blockades on map 3 are beyond easy so fear not to repeat the content there till you have collected everything.
    Also dont waste time on raiding villages as you only get rations and you can get those from killing enemies as well.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 That's a disappointment... I only had time to play the introductory raid today and hoped that it would become a lot tougher.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

even within the same map each fort and so forth is exactly the same.
    Then when you get to the other maps, all forts and monasteries are still the same.

Why couldnt they just copy and paste at least in such a way that each fort would be slightly different...

add some different t ress or a different tower or such.

PS. there is one boss, but you kill him in like 3 seconds when using double spears and fire...

• ChuckKatse
    196 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02

@chuckkatse

i dont understand what your saying. Just kill enemies and you should lvl and get 2 skill point up until the point you dumped 406 points into the skilltree, afterwards you get just 1 point from lvling up.

Completing riverraids doesnt give you any xp

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@asgardian02

If I understood correctly, the locations on the river raid maps seem to be randomized. Thatā€™s why you can encounter the exact same ones.

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@b00msie They aren't randomized in the slightest. That's what it should have been but no. They are all the same and after you beat them they just respawn after some time has passed.

• ChuckKatse
    196 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 The river raids SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember when we were talking about hoping it wasn't going to be this way? And here it is a BIG STEAMING PILE OF [censored]!!!!!

• ChuckKatse
    196 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kreutzgang
    635 posts

@b00msie I was doing that once I figured out how. Ditch the ship, kill everyone, call the dudes to open the chests. Why they always have to set everything on fire is beyond me. Desync for killing twits that run headlong into battle but set everyone's stuff on fire for no reason with no way to stop it being done. Okay then - but I digress - anyway, then it just stopped working. The start raid option was disabled, and when I went back to the ship and tried to start the raid via the yellow circle that shows up on the river, there was no yellow circle. So no way to open the damn chests. Additionally, I'd upgraded my Jomsviking hall and yesterday all the ones for hire there were level 2, today they are all level 1 again. Considering they drop like flies if you actually use them leaving you stuck playing their nanny, and only your own one levels up, this seems to mean you have to keep hiring new, higher level ones and considering that it's not exactly easy to make money in this game, I wonder whether we really need a cash sink at this time. I'd rather spend my cash on titanium, which surprisingly doesn't drop from the raids and is a massive bore to farm.

BTW - on another note - I have way more runes in my inventory than show up when I try to sell stuff in the shop.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Seems to me even the actual rivers are the same, just with different plant life superimposed.

• B00MSIE
    291 posts

@kreutzgang

It is more of the same, which is a missed opportunity, but also logical for a free expansion. I get why a lot of people will not like it, but for me it just has more of the fun things of the original game. Because you do not have the raven and a horse, it slows down the game, also no problem for me, but Odyssey lovers will hate that.

What I really not get is why they didnā€™t do the randomization the way like Diablo did.

Was hoping they would have fixed HDR by now, but enabling that still results in a thick grey London mist everywhere.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@b00msie It's not a free expansion. We paid for the "season" stuff with the game, but people thinking it's free means their marketing worked.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

I mentioned that earlier in this post, that ditching your crew and doing stuff solo wont work, as calling them later is heavily bugged.
    PS. the duplicate glitch is still in the game, look that up and make money.

@DuskDragon56496

Its really sad, the idea of riverraids could be fun, but the way they executed is far from any fun.

• Why arent there tiers with higher difficulties.
    • whats the purpose of the jomvikingshall, we already had one in the village
    • Odyssey had a better system, there you could least select and actively recruit your own crew based on looks and skills. These guys have unknown skills and most of them look terrible (or all the same depening how you look, with so little armor diversion everything looks the same).
    • the maps arent brimming with gear and loot, in fact you only get minor runes for some reason
    • the new skills are totally useless too, never ever had too use any ship skill you can totally ignore all the river blockades.
    • well i can go on...

• Asgardian02

@b00msie

why would it be logical since it free?
    Might i remind you that they run a helix store akin to free to play games, in which they make tons of money.
    Its in their best interest to keep us playing, the more we play their game, the more chance there are that som eppl actually buy crap from their helix store.
    They made plenty off of the sales from just the base version of the game to give the game continued support,

They marketed this game to have 2 year support, so what do you expect??

Diablo3 didnt have MTXs and yet has had support for over 12 years now, last few years only new season and balance patches and what, but that a hell lot more then we get from Ubisoft.
    In its early years we did get so much from diablo3.

These riverraids have a very low replay value, everything looks and feels the same. To even start a raids takes ages of time its just no fun.

Most important doing riverraids is not worth our time, since the rewards are not there.

• Asgardian02

instead of stupid ship skills, we should have gotten a skill to solo open the chests.

i mean i have the strength to wield 2x 2handers, why dont i have the strength to open a chest solo??

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics