Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

My jomshall is fully upgraded yet doesnt look like the picture below, why is that i wonder??
    The entire veranda surrounding the building is missing

undefined

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

So the main problem is, how games are more realistic with better graphics the better content we are expecting. Because with this graphic master piece we see how big this game is and its potential. Like Valhalla has definitely best graphic quality in the all open world RPG games. So we are confused when we get just some river raids which are repetetive without any new story. Yeah, that is the problem. We want a new stories in Valhalla where we can see how beautiful this game is in new ways 😉

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

When I saw like Odyssey is damaged in whole point.
    Like when you became Leader of Daughters of Artemis and then you are just going to slaughter them for orichalcum ore, like what the hell.... Yeah, in Odyssey you are literally a villain and traitor...

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

I might behoove you to actually read what i wrote, instead of just coming here and assuming things.

I didnt ask for story content, Ubisoft themselves said that the river raids would offer a great challenge with increasingly difficulties.
    Maps brimming with new gear, maps that dont look alike.

Well the truth is that nothing of what they boasted is true. Everything looks the same, which makes me wonder why did they even bother creating these maps in the 1st place, when they just as easily could have repurposed the excisting monastaries and forts and gave them this raiding purpose once the mainstory is done with. That way we could have just stayed in England.

Also whats good looking and what not is all in the eye of the beholder is it not? To me Odyssey looked far better, much more realistic armor and more detail to everything.

What good is beauty if it serves no purpose, Would you marry a woman just cos she looks pretty even though she is stupid as an ox???

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 yeah, I understand and you are right. I am also thinking why they can not make Valhalla better when they make so much money on this game. It is just weird at all.
    I personaly like Valhalla much more. Odyssey is also great. But Valhalla has better graphic, better story. Valhalla has also better optimalization. I am only missing arena fights from Odyssey. Nothing else. The whole story about finding your mother was boring. Even side quests was better, lol. Only Pythagoras was awesome in main story. In Odyssey with prompt armour I was one hit killing bosses like Hades. I just hope we get some BIG bosses to fight in Valhalla expansions...

• Tyeler0222144
    70 posts

@asgardian02 are these river raids time limited or can I do them anytime I want ?

I’m not talking about the weekly challenges 🐰

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

Odyssey offered much challenge to me, i always play on hardest setting. Odyssey wasnt very hard, but much harder then Valhalla.
    On lvl80 i was able to do lvl340 raids, without challenge a game starts to sux fast.

The loot in valhalla is worse too, it doesnt matter what you bear, olf or raven as you must spend 400 points in the skilltree anyway.
    There is no real way to make builds in this game, everything is overly simplified and it sux.

• Asgardian02

@tyeler0222144

do them till you get bored, which should happen fast or until you upgraded everything which should take more then a few hours.

dont waste time on villages, because you can get rations from enemies as well.

Never go back to the 1st raid map, just switch between the second and third one.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 maybe you were just not using best armour with best perks in Odyssey, I played Odyssey in Nightmare and now I am playing Valhalla on Drengr. But due to the no stamina limit and high critical damage in Odyssey, Valhalla is harder. I was able to kill even Hekatonchires in Atlantis with cca 7 hits, lol...

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

dude Valhall is way easier then odyssey. I play on drnegr too. Using 2x 2hand spears and stamina is always filled.
    I one shot normal dudes and elites take 3-4 hits max.

From your description it sound you havent optimized your build in valhalla.
    CHC and CHD is always the best way. Throw in some fire damage to the mix, and nothing has a chance.

• Asgardian02

Btw even if you switch maps during raids, not all locations respawn, meaning you have to waste even more time searching fro a good raiding spot to get some supplies.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 I am using two seaxs, I have adrenaline always filled 🙂 they produce more adrenaline than spears or any other weapons, so I like them most. Well I do not have problem killing an enemies, but in Valhalla you can kill with one hit boss only with hidden blade, which is also more challenging and it is also not one hit kill, but two hits in assassinations, and second is time limited, in Odyssey I was able to assassinate with one hit even merceneries. In Valhalla I need use two hits assassination and second hit has time limit, so even assassinations are harder in Valhalla...

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

i never play as an assasin always as a warrior. i odnt like daggers for that reason, and they also have a very small hit box.
    Sure daggers are a bit faster then spears but spears also have a nice big aoe sweep.

playing as an assasin is totally different from playing as a warrior who doesnt work from teh shadows...

• martygod12
    237 posts

How can we hope for Ubisoft to acutally improve something with Valhalla if people like him are still praising anything that comes from them, seriously to some people even if they released a literally piece of [censored] they would be "amazed and impressed" how great it is.

Sadly most "simple" players which are easily satisfied are content with Valhalla, and we are sadly the minority.

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

i know right?

But every game attracts casual players and hardcore players.

Also why wouldnt they 1st play various good games with actual raid and engame mechanics before coming up with their own version?
    To me it seems if any1 of ubisoft would have actualy playtested these riverraids they would report back how boring it is.

• martygod12
    237 posts

@asgardian02 I still cant figure out what happened with Valhalla what went wrong you know.

I mean its the same studio Ubisoft Montreal that is responsible for Origins, Black Flag, or Assassins Creeed II, all great games, how could the possibly release such a bad game after those awesome games?

All the random loot, RPG mechanics were mostly introduced with Origins which was made by the same studio and upon which Ubisoft Quebec build upon with Odyssey, so Montreal basically completelly trashed their own game mechanics and game design with Valhalla, I really cant understand that.

• Asgardian02

@martygod12

i never played those games, didnt like origens that much either.

its very weird indeed

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 well I am playing both, assassin and a warrior 🙂 I always played both, also in Odyssey. Yeah, so with daggers I am comsuming more stamina, becuase I have to dodge more often. But I have almost unlimited adrenaline, so I like it more than spears. 🙂 so using 2 daggers is more personal for enemies 😂

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

i just un-installed valhalla that way i wont be able to boot the game up for stupid daily quests or other stuff.

Not going to buy season pass

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 it is your choice. I already have Ultimate edition, I am exciting about expansion coming in april. There is many things to compare. I like new stories like free content on Odyssey, but they was on an old map, there was no new free maps. Maybe they will implement some stories in another free content, I hope so. It is worth money I think. It is longer and expansions should be bigger and longer comparing to DLCs in Odyssey. Even main game is longer, Odyssey I have done for cca 130 hours, Valhalla took 180 hours - everything done in main map... So it is more content with better story, I am an optimist. 😉

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics