Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@smrtiak-svk

you keep contradicting yourself in your posts. 1st you disagree with me, then you agree with me now once more you disagree.

Anyway the only reason it takes longer to complete is because all the tedious puzzles mechanics, that are no fun and very repetitive to boot.
    Thee free maps serve no purpose, you get to grind out supplies that have no purpose outside these maps and only give you cosmetics. It takes roughly 6-8hours to complete everything and then you wil;l never return to those maps.

So utterly useless.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@asgardian02 lol, when I agree with something it does not mean I am agree with everything. I agree the river raids should be better, with more gears and weapons, Ubisoft make so much money on Valhalla, so they can did something better, but that does not mean I am not an optimistic for future content 😉 or I am not happy with new maps in River raids. Ahh you are so pesimistic and irrational... So go make games, go work for Ubisoft like developer, and then you can make the content you want 😘

• WildHunt
    64 posts

Hard for me to judge the difficulty on the first two maps, assuming we unlock more maps around England/Wales/Scotland/Norway? Or is this it?

• Asgardian02

@wildhunt

its just 3 maps mate, it takes 6-8 hours to upgrade cargo hull and jomvikingshall and obtain all cosmetics.
    Then there is no reason to go back.

I had all my and weapons fully maxed out before this content was added, so...

• WildHunt
    64 posts

@asgardian02 Judging from the map, it looks like they may expand it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I agree with most of your points, but if Ubisoft had made the River Raids a little bit more interesting (more variation in locations, more and tougher opponents, etc.) I could have liked playing it without getting much reward. I play to play, not necessarily to get a new weapon or a piece of armor (although it's nice to get something new once in a while).

• Asgardian02

@wildhunt

evenso, all their claims havent come true.
    20GB for just 6-8hours content... and boring content too boot.

i am not waiting around for new content to shop up in maybe 2-3montsh which most likely will be more of the same boring stuff.

• Asgardian02

@hroozenbeek

may i remind you that its just 6-8hours max worth of content.

PLaying a game should be find, but this content is a boring chore. With no reward at the end.
    Maybe we differ in what we call enjoyment, but i like to get some cool rewards for time invested.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

And many of you probably do not know that, but there was one old leak, when inventory menu from Valhalla was in video before Odyssey was announced. So it was in development after Origins. Probably studios was working on both, so it is not more new than Odyssey

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@smrtiak-svk Again. Odyssey is only easy if you go out of your way to create some OP build. Valhalla is easy *for everyone* without going out of your way to do anything except playing the game, after a certain point. Someone posted a video here of an OP build for Odyssey, and after copying it, while my Alexios can kill stuff better with arrows now, he's worse in conquest battles and still drops as soon as I'm not paying attention. I literally never die in Valhalla except from fall damage and after about half way, all the bosses in Valhalla are dumb easy except those witches. I can't remember thinking any boss in Odyssey was that easy. Hell, peasants with brooms require as many hits as some of the bosses in Valhalla. In short, Odyssey is actually way harder than Valhalla *except apparently if you try really hard to make it easy*; in Valhalla OTOH you'd have to try really hard to make it not easy after about halfway through.

And again, the rations system is more OP than auto regaining health when you get out of conflict. Maybe some of you guys should replay Odyssey without trying really hard to break the game with your OP builds.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

true in odyssey you can be OP but if your not paying attention you can still die to random stuff, also the ai was way smarter then in Valhalla.

in valhalla you can just stand still, get hit by multiple enemies at once and still not be even close to dying...

• martygod12
    237 posts

@smrtiak-svk But that doesn make it good tho, I dont know there is just so much missed potential everywhere regarding the rewards and loot, so many interesting places but without reason to visit them since there is nothing much there except for maybe a chest with some leather and ore, everything just feels so bland and empty you know.

So much boss battles but with nothing to give you in return for doing them, same for side activities and other stuff, even main story quest mostly dont reward you with anything except for XP.

Yes you can say that for someone reward of playing and completing things in a game is a reward itself and they dont need amor weapons or other stuff, but I dont know my opinion is that for this there are specific games around which are made for this, you know more linear, shorter and smaller games. But not like this where you got a massive open world game which claims to be and RPG yet it fails to deliver one of the most basic RPG elements there is and that is loot and character customization. I mean this game take you almost 50hrs to complete just main story 130+ hrs to complete everything, and most of the time you just dont get anything for playing it you dont find many new items, loot nothing my opinion is that in game of such a massive scale there must be just so much more content in that area.

All other big open world games like Skyrim, Witcher 3, RDR2, Dragon Age etc. have it they have enough gear/customization options enough rewards for playing and items to find, hell even other Ubisoft games like Origins, Odyssey, Wildlands, Watch Dogs have it, so why it is absent and why it was not included in Valhalla?? That is the thing I just dont understand .

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@kreutzgang but these OP builds have everyone, so it is easier then Valhalla for everyone who is using these OP builds. One of these builds is Pirate Set with Xyphos of Dionysos, Sword of Kings and CHC and CHD it was more OP then Valhalla could ever be, lol. Yeah, but people like Jorraptor are stupid and do not understand to perks and builds probably, so 😂 Not everyone is so smart, so Valhalla is meant to be playble even for dumber people like Jorraptor for example, like when I saw his video s on YT from Odyssey, I said myself, of my god how can this noob have so many followers... 😂😂

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 The way enemies detect you in Valhalla makes no sense to me. In Odyssey, I can clear entire forts via assassination if the mood strikes me. In Valhalla, I haven't even got the 10 assassinations in a row, and the chain assassination is clunky as hell. Sometimes it triggers and sometimes Eivor just stands there not reacting to anything until he's been hit. I'm also too dumb to figure out how to trigger the 1 hit assassination quicktime thing LOL. In Valhalla, you can walk up to some enemies without sneaking and stand right in front of them without them reacting, yet some other douche standing really far away and not even looking in your direction will detect you. OFC it doesn't matter as you can steam roll everything anyway. If Alexios gets spotted in a fort, I have to run away and hide or he'll die really fast (basically 1 hit from a merc is enough). Ofc I could just spam Ares madness or whatever it's called and then complain how easy it is, but that's boring and I also only use abilities by accident in Valhalla now for the same reason, except the explosive arrow because it's fun, not because I actually need to.

• Asgardian02

@martygod12
    fully agaree once more.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    128 posts

@martygod12 this is something I agree. Well I do not know. Maybe because they want it easier for dumber people with less IQ. But I miss more gears and content too, I also miss fight arena and some acitivities you can do after the game is done. But it is just a game, and have pluses and minuses like everything...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@smrtiak-svk well clearly I'm one of those dumb people. However, I'd rather be "dumb" and not be bored playing a game than go out of my way to break it just to moan about how easy it is, and again, Valhalla is easy for everyone, even dumb people like me. Who cares if you can 1 hit bosses in Odyssey with your OP build when anyone irrespective of builds can 3 hit bosses w/o taking any damage in Valhalla?

• Asgardian02

@smrtiak-svk

whatever happend to this concept: "Easy to learn, hard to master"

Doom eternal is such a game, you gradually get better and better at it while its still insanly hard game in of itself, thats a fun mechanic.

None of that is here in valhalla, its easy to learn and there is no progression whatsoever.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

i entered all raid locations through the main gate, never ever they they attack by themselves, most of the enemies guadring these forts where hiding in the bushes or somewhere far away.
    I was lucky if i even get to kill 3-4 enemies by myself.

• Asgardian02

@gloomseeker

everything within the game is catered towards the helix store.

they made the game as bland as possible in order to push to get some stuff from their helix store.
    Everything in that store looks stupid and is crazy high priced, I paid for the game wont pay for MTX

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics