Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • show_stoppa
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02

Right. I think that is a complain that alot of us have (including me), with the base game. I have said it previously too that the AI should be better in the game. But these things are related to the overall game and not specifically to the river raids.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@show_stoppa

well thats true, but they specifically said that the river raids would be highly challenging, and i just ask myself where am i supposed to find that?

Also they could have added a toggle to the game to remove the slowmo finishers.

Just as there new cosmetics for the riverraid ship, they could have added a new gearsystem just for the river raids and then add a tiersystem to keep increasing the difficulty, just an idea...

• show_stoppa
    Original poster 40 posts

@asgardian02

I think they tried to add challenge by adding the alert meter. But likely given that the overall game balancing needs a pass, this didnt result in any major difficulty change.

I would have liked some replayable rng boss fights in the river raid forts (I havent played enough so dont know if there are any)

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@show_stoppa

there are no bosses.

The constant riverblockades are very tedious, especially considering each time you back to a map you have to sail for quite some time anyway before you reach a fort or monastery in the 1st place.
    Once your there, there are hardly any enemies, you also have to walk a few miles before you reach the gates...

Sure with such mechanics in place you prolong gameplay, but its not fun.

And why does every fort look the same no matter which map?

They boasted about having different maps, but if everything looks the same whats the point?

• Quor321
    232 posts

@asgardian02 For someone who plays non stop then spams the forums non stop you sure seem to hate this game. Not sure if you should be taken seriously.

Oh and it is not end game as there is much more to come.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@quor321

instead of exaggerating, maybe you should play river raids for a few hours and then report back.

as for playing much.. hardly... havent played in over a month, was looking forward to river raids but it didnt delivered as it promised.

• axlslak23
    98 posts

Counter point, no they are not. Ubi relaxed into a very comfortable position. Money coming in, bugs ignored, forums ignored. As long as they sponsor 2-3 positive videos on youtube and 2-3 puff pieces... it's all good. Every day I open news.google.com and I find another article. This patch has players super excited about the new feature. NO THEY ARE NOT EXCITED. They sick and tired of your BS Ubi. The game if full of bugs and you are sponsoring videos and articles to create the illusion of a good game. Meanwhile 3 months after the release the game is still a mess. I'm sick of this Ubi. The lies especially. Why would you sponsor articles and videos to lie to us? So instead of putting resources where they are actually needed in fixing the game, you put OUR money into things to lie to us. How is that ok?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@axlslak23

i agree. Thats why i am glad i havent purchased the seasonpass yet. Judiging this new content i wont.

To me it seems the content in the season pass will be even more copy and paste content and annoying puzzles and i cant be bothered with that.

In addition its highly unlikely ill buy a future AC game unless all season stuff is released and the game has a good discount.
    Valhalla wasnt worth the full price at all.

The devs from odyssey at least rewarded players who reached the lvl cap and such.
    You got 70 free lvls and then the took the lvl cap away.

Meanwhile in Valhalla they couldnt even be bothered to give the new skill points its own constellations and the mastery system is still not upgraded.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Trust isnt back, its only gotten worse,

Surely pants arent supposed to look this (2months and ongoing now 😞 )
    undefined

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@show_stoppa Dude no offense intended and I mean that because I like you, I think you give a lot of good ideas to people and you genuinely care about AC games...but in this instance I believe your giving way to much leeway for this game, especially the extremely disappointing river raids with the same bad combat and a Thegn armor reskin as a reward.Not only has Ubisoft not earned any trust but they more than likely lost quite a bit more.I honestly believe The Assassins Creed fans deserve better than reskins, and another poorly done dlc which is no different than what we already have.Highly replayable...yeah ok.If this is Ubisoft gaining back trust then I have no hope at all for the rest of the dlcs, nor do I have any hope they even care about the fans. People who support a product deserve better than rehash and reskins!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

i mean they could have implemented this entire system just in England, so the existing raids locations actually served a purpose.
    At least those locations all look somewhat different.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

@Asgardian02 Did you notice that too? all 3 so-called maps are just a copy and paste fiasco, since they first told us about river raids, they didn't even try to make it fun, lol....even the stupidity of the jornsvikings were copy and paste!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@duskdragon56496

yeah i noticed it right away within the 1st map mate.
    Then the other 2 are more of the same crap.

took me 6-8houts to complete that garbage after which i un-installed the game so i wont be further tempted to start up that garbage.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

lol....I don't blame you, this is about the sorriest excuse for an AC game I've seen, what truly is amazing is people STILL defend this lemon,I don't get it, I just don't get it!

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

River Raids mode is a good step in gaining the players' trust back

Are you kidding me.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

You gain almost no xp, and almost no gold neither.
    So once we'll have unlocked all the stuff, what's the point in redoing them?
    The replayability isnt really "replayability" as there is an end to it: we grind the resources to unlock all the armors and tattoos and after ?

A simple way to correct that is giving xp for completing them (1200 xp would be enough I think)
    And slightly more gold also.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

i gained 3 lvls during completing all the stuff which took me 6-8 hours.

Indeed once dont there is no reason to go back to. I un-installed the game afterwards to make sure i wont return to that garbage.

How they dare call this stiff highly repeatable is beyond me

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 These are my thoughts exactly regarding the raids. The new maps seem super cumbersome and the excuse that we are using another ship, so we can raid our allies ... really? How does that even make sense when the maps are new. I really loathe the time-wasting back and forth mechanic. Raid 2 places, and the next one you can't pick anything up, rinse repeat, and each time you have to sail all the way back.

• Max18400
    397 posts

The raids are awful. They're not enjoyable and don't add much to gameplay or story.
    I think I played them for a couple of hours then got bored

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@asgardian02 I played Odyssey last week while waiting for the River raids, guess I'll go back to Odyssey now. At least I have fun there, masteries to level, builds to test, non stop action in forts, ...
    It's really depressing to see a "new astonishing feature" (lol) showing already its limits less than 24 hrs after its release.
    "Replayability" was the communities most wanted thing, the most needed also, they promised us a "highly replayable" feature, and at the end there is almost no replayability in it.
    Should I cry, should I laugh?!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics