Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

i gained 3 lvls during completing all the stuff which took me 6-8 hours.

Indeed once dont there is no reason to go back to. I un-installed the game afterwards to make sure i wont return to that garbage.

How they dare call this stiff highly repeatable is beyond me

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 These are my thoughts exactly regarding the raids. The new maps seem super cumbersome and the excuse that we are using another ship, so we can raid our allies ... really? How does that even make sense when the maps are new. I really loathe the time-wasting back and forth mechanic. Raid 2 places, and the next one you can't pick anything up, rinse repeat, and each time you have to sail all the way back.

• Max18400
    406 posts

The raids are awful. They're not enjoyable and don't add much to gameplay or story.
    I think I played them for a couple of hours then got bored

• TORFINR
    370 posts

@asgardian02 I played Odyssey last week while waiting for the River raids, guess I'll go back to Odyssey now. At least I have fun there, masteries to level, builds to test, non stop action in forts, ...
    It's really depressing to see a "new astonishing feature" (lol) showing already its limits less than 24 hrs after its release.
    "Replayability" was the communities most wanted thing, the most needed also, they promised us a "highly replayable" feature, and at the end there is almost no replayability in it.
    Should I cry, should I laugh?!

• Max18400
    406 posts

Cry haha its horrendous

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

laugh with tears about this sad content. As we are all sad about the fact Ubisopft didnt deliver as promised.

• Max18400
    406 posts

Again. They've let the player base down again

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

i am downloading Diablo3 again, season are always fun, its fun to play with other ppl, the loot and custumisation is great, the combat flow isexcellent

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@show_stoppa No game company has gotten the AI "right". The closest to do it was Rockstar with GTA. RDR was ok too, but most AI in games are pretty stupid and just stand there and wait for you to kill them. Oh, and Ubi did a fair job of it with The Division, but only the boss AI in that case.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

have you played Doom eternal?

Their ai is super great!

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 The DLC's add to the overall story. River raids weren't meant to be all encompassing, just a free new game mode for us to play while waiting for the first DLC. Again, play something else while you're waiting. You seem to not like anything about any part of the game. How many hours do you have in the base game? Were those hours NOT enjoyable for you? If they were enjoyable then you got your money's worth.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@asgardian02 Ah yes, I have and I forgot about that one. They are the standard for which AI should be judged. They kicked my [censored] sooooooo many times, but you're right, thank you.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@forcefrank

Doom Eternal is super awesome! its easy to learn but very hard to master

Mastering th egame come with great satisfaction, the replay value is very high as well.

• show_stoppa
    Original poster 52 posts

@forcefrank
    The AI in Division is definitely really nice (and agressive), and the PVE missions are very fun and challenging. I have close to 2000 hours in Div 2 and used to do raid and legendary speed runs before I took a break a couple months ago.

GTA did a great job with AI too.

In AC games, I think there are several issues with AI both because the AI is clunky due to lack of play testing and because, likely Ubisoft devs go for 'forgiving' AI. If you play any of the AC or even Fenyx Rising, you will clearly see that there are 'invincibility' frames in the game i.e you cant get hit during attack animations which cant be cancelled. In contrast if you look at a game like Ghost of Tsushima, there are so many long animations, none with invincibility frames, making you a sitting duck target. Now I am not saying Ghost of tsushima has good AI, as it has one of the worst stealth AIs I have ever played, but just by making the game 'unforgiving', people complain less about it.

In AC, I think the devs need to play test the AI more. Like spend a tons of time play testing it. I saw division team, i.e Massive, which is a subsidiary of Ubisoft, have a simulation environment where they test their AIs for their snow drop engine. Ubisoft Montreal must have a simulation environment for the Anvil Engine. So more time should be spent there. With respect to the 'invincibility frames', I think it is has both sides, because I am sure if they remove that, there will be a significant chunk of population crying about them getting killed while they are mid animation.

• show_stoppa
    Original poster 52 posts

@duskdragon56496

I get what you are saying. I think the combat in general has an issue, specifically with balancing and AI. Now overall the combat is nice with dual wielding and things like flail and axes, but people can't differentiate between them much because of the balancing and clunky AI. So that really is a broader issue with the overall game mechanics compared to just the river raids.

In terms of armors, again there are decisions being made a Ubisoft which are just stupid. The Yule festival too only had 1 armorset which was also a reskin. And now its the same with the river raids. I think Ubisoft needs to make a better decision and instead add some of the store items as rewards in these season content updates. But then again, that is related to the general trend AC team is going with the rewards for each season content update, as opposed to the mode itself.

I think overall the concept and the mechanics of the river raids are nice and the new abilities and skills are a nice addition too. If it were up to me, I would have liked to see some boss fights added to the river raids, so we could have had some nice replayable randomly generated boss fights. And if my memory serves right, the devs did say that they will add replayable boss fights (legendary animals I think). So river raids was a good place to add that.

I also think they should have released both the river raids and the Yule festival together as a single update. That would have ended up with a single large update, and would have given them enough time to polish the Yule festival with was utterly and completely broken.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

River raids are utter trash. I keep crashing in the middle of it and since in their grand wisdom (read stupidity) they decided not to allow saving, not even an auto save after each location raided, I just can't get back and go on where the game crashed. Basically I can't even finish the tutorial raid.

Utter. Trash.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

This is a terrible addition and completely lazy development. This isn't even copy and paste of the content we have, its just pure drivel that has been made by a team of interns, surely.

England and Norway have been left baron, once everything is done then you are done, there is no end game content, there is no repayable content
    Sorry, yes there is if you enjoy re raiding something for nothing over and over and over again that gains you nothing and is completely separate from the land you spent 150+ hours trying to explore.
    There isn't really even a story to the raiding, no boos or clan you are battling, no land to take or any sense of accomplishment. What happened to the story ??
    If this is a taste of the DLC to come then I just lost any interest in it.

This is not Development, development would/should insinuate an update, progress, better performance, better gameplay, better story. This has gone so far backwards its not even funny.

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

No. It isn't. This content is disappointing and has no replay value.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@brucehillracing

you cant even farm xp on those RR, as you barely get any for all your efforts.
    Your jomvikings do most of the killing.

You get no loot, only minor runes for some reason, no tungston, only if you want to farm keys

Regular patrols in England give more xp, more tungstun etc.

There is really no purpose to this 20GB expansion.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@show_stoppa Nicely said and I agree Ubi needs to explain how they test the different games like The Division, Fenyx and the AC series. There has to be something that's different because there's certainly a difference.in game play.

I mentioned in a separate thread that I've put 3-4 hours into the river raid now and can say I believe Ubi couldn't have tested this, there's no way. If I'm lucky I might encounter 1 or 2 enemy AI during each of the raids before the "raid complete" message pops up. After the 5th or 6th raid I was bored to tears. The military encampments really showed how broken the AI is. I tested them during one of my last runs by taking my time and clearing the bottom out before moving up the steps to the main area. I encountered no enemy AI in the area by the shore, I believe my team killing 2 of them before I could even get off the boat. When I scanned the area from below I could enemy AI in the upper fort but they were just standing there. I moved up the steps and the AI DID NOT move. I simply walked up to each of them and took them out. Weird, not much fun, and led to my overall boredom with the new game mode.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics