Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Max18400
    Original poster 410 posts

So, i have played this game since launch. I had such high hopes for it. Assassin's creed is my most favourite video game franchise and the vikings are a period of history I spent years of my life studying. I was so excited when it was announced. I literally had friends calling me asking if I had watched the launch trailer.
    So imagine my utter disappointment in what was realised over three months ago. A buggy, glitchy, unfinished, unpolished mess of a game that completely s***t all over such an amazing period kg history. I'm all for creative liberty when adapting a historical period, but how the vikings have been treated/portrayed in the game is a joke, and how the Anglo-Saxons are portrayed is even worse. I could bore people with all the details but ultimately, there are enough posts on heyr doing that. Not to mention they cut out one of the most historically significant weapons from the viking age (one handed sword) without an excuse or explanation. The main story ends on such a low point (just before a major historical event) it was so disappointing
    Even in gameplay, it disappoints. The combat is okay, but the forced animations mid-combat break the immersion and flow, boss battles are so unbalanced, doing them in a chore and narrative wise, there is literally no drive to get involved in the central assassin-templar conflict.
    Since launch I have defended this game, made excuses about why ubisoft have designed the game as they have, but now I'm done. With the most recent river raids update the game has become a boring slog. No features fans have BEGGED for are included, such as one handed swords, Historically accurite armours or a transmog system and instead we get a reskin piece of gear that is like the english flag just came on the thegn armour, no new weapons, no worthwhile skills, nothing. The raids are boring and I don't see a point in doing. Even in the trailer, ubisoft seem bored with it already. The game is still bugged for many players, so many issues haven't been fixed and worse... You have people sticking up for the game saying, it's unfinished. AN UNFINISHED GAME SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED! Dlcs and post launch plan should add to what's there, not complete an unfinished experience. You. Wouldn't buy a car with 3 wheels would you?
    There's seems to be minimal support on the forum, and around 90% of the posts on here are saying how thr game has too many issues and bugs that just aren't being addressed.
    It's safe to say, this is the last assassin's creed game I'm getting: I'm certainly not playing unless serious improvements are made.
    I know this is a rant, and I'm happy to debate stuff, just... I had such high hopes for this game

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

i feel your pain.

Seem to be a trend lately that companies release unfinished games filled with bugs 😞

I am just waiting to see if any of these games will turn out to be good. I definitely wont pre order and if i buy a game again ill wait till well after release date.
    Best a year orso to wait so all raodmaps and dlc content and such have been added and the game is on a discount.

undefined

• The-Foxhounded
    54 posts

@max18400 On top of that they sold armor with advertised stats/slots and they changed them and didn't give a refund of any sort.

• Max18400

@asgardian02 you of all people know I've left out ALOT of issues. Thank you for the recommendations. I've gone back to the witcher 3

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

well those agems ahvent been released yet, but i am keeping a eye out.

I am back to playing Gwent, really like it.
    waiting with withcer3 until they release it with improved graphics.

maybe ill pick Diablo3 up again, combat is just great and its fun to play with 3 other ppl.

• Max18400

I'm playing on. Xbox one a luckily it's there. Ahh gwents brilliant

• Max18400

@the-foxhounded it's a joke

• longjohn119
    770 posts
    @max18400

well those agems ahvent been released yet, but i am keeping a eye out.

I am back to playing Gwent, really like it.
    waiting with withcer3 until they release it with improved graphics.

maybe ill pick Diablo3 up again, combat is just great and its fun to play with 3 other ppl.

Same here for Witcher 3 but then again I may not wait and just spent an entire week modding it ...... For some reason though it seems like more of a slog to add 300 mods compared to something like Skyrim which has some brilliant modder tools .... IMO Ubisoft has always missed the boat by keeping their games so closed to modding whereas games like Skyrim and Witcher 3 are still selling well and still have a large player base ..... Skyrim was number 18 on the Xbox most played games list in December while Valhalla was just 4 above it at 14 .... Witcher 3 had a huge surge in players early last year because of the series and both are still pumping out dozens of mods per week ..... SkyrimSE 262 new mods ..... Cyberpunk 94 ..... Fallout 4 139
    Players on steam right now ...... Skyrim 20,373 ..... Fallout 4 14,286 .... Witcher 3 12,662 ..... Odyssey 4,316

• Moving_Shadow87
    5 posts

The river raids is also full of bugs. The ship can barely handle the tighter rivers, constantly getting stuck on the sides. When you press raid it speeds up and crashes into the shore, even chucking your crew out.

I stopped playing Valhalla about a month ago because I was sick of having my save files corrupted and having to redo my progress. Fired it up today to check out river raids, but I think I’m gonna put it back on the shelf until this game is at an acceptable standard, which currently, it’s far from being.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@moving_shadow87

yeah when you press Z you ship keeps getting stuck on the shores, its highly annoying and whats worse is that your crew will blame you on your poor steering skills 😞

• Max18400

@moving_shadow87 I've generally tried to be patient with the game, or at least understanding; but how bad the river raids are is the last straw.
    It sounds to weird to say but I feel so let down by this game

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

in truth my trust and expectations were very low, but with this last update they totally ruined my trust in them as a company.
    The state in which this game was released... it should be beta tested 1st.

Seeing all the cool features that are nowadays standard and expected in game are missing: NG, transmog system, good skill tree, good rewards, loadouts with easy switch just to name a few.
    They say those will be added in later, but that just means the game isnt finished yet.

For future purchases from ubisoft i think its best to wait standard a or 1,5year before getting stuff from them. That way at least all features have been released and all content is done.
    When you buy a game then its heavily discounted and you sure wount feel as bad when the game might sux.,

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@asgardian02 yes.
    Agree.

Sadly, this update seems more broken then game vanilla.

Hitbox are worst, some enemy now can damage you before touch you.

Raid are boring as hell, start, ship, raid, come back to te house, start,ship, again again and again.

Enemy are the same, the same,all the same.

Reward, not see any reward.

A fail.

• Max18400

@xx-artorias-xx it's a huge waste of time. I would even go back to Odyssey but it's packed away as I'm moving house soon haha.
    I do appreciate people had their issues with the game, but it was leaps and bounds ahead of Vahalla

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx

also they removed thsoe great sound effects when opening those big chests 😞 instead you get to see the animations before you have even opened the chest...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

yes, Odyssey was far from Perfect but i had fun there at least. Compared to valhalla its a great game.

• Max18400

@asgardian02 thing is, despite it not being perfect, it's on my list of my most favourite games. Like I got such a giddy feeling when I first played it, the same that I got playing the witcher 3. And the game kept me coming back. Like, bad day at work, I'di a conquest battle to blow of steam, want to take my time to complete a fortress, I can. You can even complete whole objectives using non lethal methods which I thought was awesome. Vahalla, again, this game was something I was so excited about and felt optimistic about, was just meh. It feels like a chore to play

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

It was my 1st ubisoft game, when i finally discovered the order system halfway through the game (pretty late i guess but i like to play without aid of the internet) i was pretty great feeling.
    They offered so many cool stuff along the way.

PLaying on hardest setting it was quite a challenge till at late in the game, that was great too.

• Max18400

@asgardian02 exactly. Valhalla there's no challenge. Like I've played on all the difficulties and can't see a difference

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

often times the raid signal doesnt even appear near forts on these maps, that yellow circle is simply not there.

Not only is the main game super bugged this expansion is as well. The biggest forts are furthest away from the starting point, so when you finally arrive only to see its bugged sure drains away all the fun.

Suggested Topics