Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

Just started the river raids, got my max 200 that I can carry but kept on raiding to search for the armor set, fully raided maybe 3 more areas & didn't collect any chest so ended the raid early, travelled back to drop off my cargo & then head back to the same river map for more raids. Got to a Western Fortification again and it's completely deserted, no enemies around at all and no loot either, can't restart the raid to kill enemies & get the loot I couldn't carry before. Same for Fortress on Exe & Small Camp. No enemies, no loot, raid not completed & can't be restarted after ending it early.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

There are like 10+ locations in each of the river raids 2 places. Just move on to the next and discover more of the map.

Also, from the help ingame it is mentioned that once you start alternating between the 2 river raid places, the place you raid becomes harder, and the place you don't raid, gets regenerated.

• sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

This is game breaking, the 3 locations I raided but did not collect any chests, manually choose to end raid, are now in a frozen state & can't be re-raided.

The Western Fortification holds the last Gear and Weapons piece I need for 2/2. I've tried going back to Ravensthorpe, saving, fully closing out of the game & reloading then returning to all 3 locations & they're all deserted with no enemies or loot & cannot be completed.

• sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

@axlslak23 I have discovered the entire map, all raid locations are marked but these 3 locations do not re-generate, the map can't get any harder it's a full red bar which states Heavy river defenses

I've moved on & came back & nothing has changed

• axlslak23
    100 posts

There are clues throughout river raids. You need to do Odin's vision or whatever to try to find them. They show up as white aura staff. Also keys. I found a chest that I can't find the key to it. At least that's how I found mine. And it seems the guy where you start the raid, also shows you on the map (if you find clue) where stuff is. Just raid the other river raid. There are 2.

• sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

@axlslak23 So I don't know how to be more clear but I'll go into specifics; I have raided 11 locations on the River Exe. Keats Farm, Small Camp, Twynam Farm, Small Camp, Yeardley Farm, Eastern Fortification, Small Camp, Escanceaster Monastery, Village of Simonsbach, Small Camp & Village of Dumonia. There are only 3 more locations on River Exe which I have also raided but did not collect chests during the raid due to already being 200/200 Foreign Supplies & ended manually, are still marked on the map as not raided. These 3 are Western Fortification, Fortress on the Exe & Small Camp to the right of Village of Simonsbach.

So I have moved on, I have also went back to Ravensthorpe, I have saved my game & turned everything fully off. I have gone back to River Exe after other places but it is still locked in the state it has been with Heavy river defenses & 3 locations still marked with raid markers. When I go to all 3 locations they are deserted, I cannot start a raid & I cannot open chests because they are not there. I think I have froze my game in a state that it doesn't re-generate after time because I've manually ended the raids.

I done this to go back to Ravensthorpe & drop off my loot, then return to the locations & collect the new loot but it has all simply disappeared.

TL;DR - It's broke.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

@sykoactiv8d Ohhh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not sticking up for Ubi. Ofc it's broke. You will get no argument from me on that. But, while raiding Exe I found a clue which is for the other river Severn. I forgot in which place I got it, but maybe that's why it shows as unraided but it is actually raided. Maybe there are more stuff there. Like chests, keys or clues. I finished Exe river and the only thing I wasn't able to open was a chest in the location right to the most fortified one in Exe (in the north). I think there's and eastern fortified camp, and an western, and at the top of the map in the middle there's the most fortified one of them all, and at the right of that, there's a small one that only had 1 or 2 chests and a chest that was locked with a key I didn't find yet. But what it is important is that the clue which I found in Exe is about a piece of something golden that is on Severn. So I imagine on severn I will find another clue that is about stuff on Exe that I already found using odin's insight or vision or whatever it is called.

I would assume if your locations still show as that red icon for raid, maybe you didn't find all the chests. In my playthrough they all transformed into white dots. What is true though, is that I only did Exe until I finished all of it. Now doing Severn. But about bugs, my boat shows 100/300 but can't open any more chests because my crew is full?! I used the occasion to return home and lookup the name of the rivers. We'll see if they are willing to loot now.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

Ohhh I got what you mean now. I told you about my raid on Severn river before. I couldn't loot one last chest because of lack of space or whatever. Now I returned to the same location and it's ... ruins. Doesn't have the same layout. Shows as raiding location but nothing there. Bugs...

• TheeElf
    264 posts

@axlslak23 It's not broken and is intended this way. The settlement areas will "rebuild" over time to simulate a real life rebuild. I simply went on to the other river raid did 2 runs and when I came back to the first one the areas that I had only partially raided (no looting chest) were fully respawned and could be raided again. Ubisoft built these raids so they could be replayed but they added a time effect cooldown for the enemies to rebuild their locations.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@theeelf

even though its intened and even if you switch maps, still not all places have been rebuild and there is no marker for that on the map either,. so u have sail endless in search for content, boring as hell

• sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

2 days later and nothing has changed, literally, nothing

Everything is still a ruin, nothing is rebuilt, and I can't start raids in places that I ended the raid manually, so I can't collect chests or sets

• UbiQuB3
    Community Manager 39 posts

Yea @TheeElf, it takes 3 visits to the river for a location to be rebuilt.

@sykoactiv8d: Just to confirm, have you visited the river three times or more? If so, I shall make the dev team aware that there might be a bug with this.

Official Response
  • sykoactiv8d
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubiqub3 hi, yes I have, I've been there more than 3 times each day, nothing has changed.

To try recreate what I've done. I solo attacked each raid & didn't collect anything, I ended the raid in the menu & ran to the next raid, rinse & repeat for all raids. So the red icon still appears for each raid.

I've gone back to base & then back to the river raid map multiple times each time. Each raid icon is still there & when I go to the raid there are no enemies & there are no loot boxes. There is no raid marker in the sea to start a raid & I cannot select begin raid from the menu, it's greyed out.

I think I've broke it!

• kacz97
    1 posts

I've got the exact same issue - I didn't grab st. Georges shield and when I went back the west fort was in ruins, my crew doesn't even get out of the boat... been days and many trips back and won't rebuild or reset!

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Maybe I am mistaken but from what I understood a river alert decreases by one level whenever you raid a different one which leads to a river to completely reset when you have raided 2 other rivers.

It means that you need access to the 3rd one ASAP.

It has been pretty much my priority and I have been able to have a rotation between each of the 3 rivers from the start. Never had an issue with locations not resetting.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics