Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moving_Shadow87
    Original poster 5 posts

Overall I am enjoying the new river raids expansion, I can see it being something which is built on and added to. However so far I feel there is one thing that is really making the game mode dull, and that’s your allies. I spend most of the time reviving and protecting my jomsvikings.

They will literally stand and get shot by an archer until they die, because he is on the other side of a wooden fence. Which has lead me to try and deal with every enemy myself because my allies seem to do nothing.

When I try and open a chest, easily 6/10 of the time I have to go and look for an ally to help, even if they are literally standing outside the door, because I just get left hanging trying to open the chest alone.

I ran into a boss style level and he killed every single jomsviking. They blocked all my shots because they crowded him, which meant I lost 7/8 jomsvikings to one enemy.

I know this expansion is heavily focused on the jomsviking, but they are some of the dumbest AI I’ve ever seen, and babysitting them through each camp is getting old really fast.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• axlslak23
    100 posts

You can stealth kill everybody then start the raid, just to help you loot stuff and break doors.

• Moving_Shadow87
    Original poster 5 posts
    You can stealth kill everybody then start the raid, just to help you loot stuff and break doors.

Sure, you could. But that defeats the whole purpose of the river raids expansion.

Why have a longboat full of jomsvikings, and then stealth your way through a camp, just to avoid using them because they’re incompetent?

• axlslak23
    100 posts

Well, I feel you. But for me, I prefer the stealth stuff coz that's why I play AC in the first place.

• lemmie88
    246 posts

Agree, the jomsvikings are silly. Every time I raid, I tell them: 'okay, stay here weaklings, the grown-ups are talking'. And I leave them.

The best part of the jomsvikings is their outrage every time I try to park the boat.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@lemmie88

its a very hard task to get the boat going again as it gets stuck on the shore so often even when sailing on auto pilot 😞

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@moving_shadow87

what exactly is fun for you in this mode?

You upgrade the jomhall to max and what purpose does that have?
    You upgrade you cargo hull to the max to hold supplies you cant une anywhere else in the game?

The ai is still super stupid , it takes forever to start killing ppl, you barely get xp cos your jomvikings do most of the killing.
    If you leave them at the ship and try to summon them later they will never show up, so you are forced to bring them along.

after 6 hours of boring gameplay everything is upgraded and all tattoo designs and shipo design are colected and then what??

how is that highly repeatable, where is the challenge, where is all the loot that these maps would be brimming with?
    A reskin of the THegn set?? 😞

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

I walk in the zone alone, combat with all enemy, kill them all and call jorm only for open the chest.

Is more funnt and challenge ( i'm 396 level, no abikity use) and risk to die.

;).

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@xx-artorias-xx
    thats is totally bugged for me, whenever i did that i couldnt get the my crew to show up.

anyway i already completed this crap content and removed it from my pc.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Yup, exactly that. A team should make it easier, not turn you into their nanny. In small locations, you have to try to take a shortcut, so you get there before them as else they kill everything before you can get your bearings, and in larger areas they drop like flies, with some of them charging off to attempt to solo large groups of enemies while lacking the intelligence to deal with more than one at once. At this point you are doing nothing but scanning where the most enemies are to get them asap before the toddlers get there and scanning the area for red ! to find the toddlers that already dropped, healing them and trying to find food so you can continue to do so. I wasn't hoping for a naughty toddler herding SIM. I was hoping they'd level up the more you or the original owner use them, rather than via some grindy mechanic. If you hired one, it stays the level you hired it at, even if the owner has levelled it to 3.

Levelling them up seems to do nothing but increase their ration capacity, but it stays at 1 anyway unless you raid civilian locations, which raises the alert level making it more likely they'll die anyway, so that seems entirely redundant.

Resorting to ditching the ship nearby and soloing the locations, which is far easier than having the Jomsvikings on your back, half the time results in not being able to start the raid, and you are left with boxes that cannot be opened. Also, if it does work, they still set everything on fire even though everyone is already dead. This in particular has always annoyed me, as why would they indulge in that kind of vandalism, yet you desync if a civilian charges headlong into your blade. It's arguably kinder to kill peasants than leave them destitute, but whatever.

All in all they are a liability and a silver sink - which we don't really need as silver is not exactly abundant in this game!

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

PS - and due to them not levelling up with you or their owner's use, you end up with unwieldy amounts of them if you can actually be bothered to get the higher level ones. It's almost like punishing us for recruiting ones previously, which I did because it sucks when no one recruits yours. And why do level 1 ones still mostly show up to hire once you levelled up the hall? Like as if you need more goons you cannot level up.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    waiting for them to lvl up is usless, instead just dismiss the lvl1 ones from your crew and buy the lvl3 ones once you have maxed out your hall.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 only your own one actually levels up. Also, the level 3 ones are only better because they can carry more rations as far as I can tell, which is completely pointless, as that involves raiding villages and raising the alert level, so more enemies for them to attempt to solo, and they still drop like flies. I tried raiding villages on one of the first two maps hoping they would have the rations on the third one, but need I say, it doesn't work lol.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

well it sux that you cant equip them with actual gear or give them certain abilities, similar to how it was doen in odyssey.

I mean building out your ship with upgrades and crew was much better done in odyssey, this yet another step backwards.

you cant even serach for friends and recruit them, most look hidous as well

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 You can find friends ones, but they are stuck at the level you acquired them. I have yours 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

how did you even find me though?

A trick to lvl them up fast is this: start a raid and then travel back to ravensthorpe. That concludes the raid and lvls the jomvikings, repeat this a few times and they should be lvl3 in no time.
    I wonder i you have mine, does he walk barechested?

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 when you open the menu, there'a a section with friends' Jomsvikings. Yours has Ivarr hair and is in the Jule outfit I think, with no helmet. Anyway, it says it's yours 😜

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

pretty system , this mean you get your friends but only since it carries your name.
    My Eivor doesnt look like that all in my game.

really stupid then, dont you think, that they dont looke the way as in other peoples actually game.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@asgardian02 Or, You can ring the bell that's right outside to refresh them.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@vanadiumcobalt

i know that, but already removed th egame from my pc after finishing all the RR content winthin 6 hours,

Suggested Topics