Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    Original poster 375 posts

Hej
    I didnt have time to test yesterday the River raids, I decided to give it a try today.
    In the colony the first guy I had to talk to was (see picture below)
    Reassure me, it's a joke, right? Ubisoft is already preparing its April fool?!
    undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    Hej
    I didnt have time to test yesterday the River raids, I decided to give it a try today.
    In the colony the first guy I had to talk to was (see picture below)
    Reassure me, it's a joke, right? Ubisoft is already preparing its April fool?!
    undefined

Maybe it's a Viking who really loves ❤ sunbathing. 😝

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gloomseeker

agree once more.

We arent getting 1hand sword i guess because they want us to wield 2hand swords alongside a shield and think thats cool for some reason
    Yet there are no cool shield abilities in the game so whats the point.

also the game is easy as hell there is no point in using a shield at all.

if enemies had actuall cool abilities as in poison damage , fire and other elements maybe there would have been a point to use a shield, but alas....

• Hwanah
    67 posts

@torfinr Hehahahaha Your screenshot of him is so funny. Hehahahahaha. Anyway, I think it IS meant to be some kind of a joke. Something for us to laugh about or chat about. The problem is had they not had so many issues with the game, this would've been taken as just that. But since they made so many players angry and disappointed, black viking move turned out to be nothing but a bad decision.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    155 posts

@hwanah yeah or maybe they can make some story how he become Viking from African warrior or something like that. But it is all about weird propaganda, it is like erasing history of rasism. I hate rasism, because I like all people, but this is not a solution, bringing black men everywhere. Becuase it looks more like brainwashing than anti-rasism propaganda.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gloomseeker Reda is something completely different - he looks pretty young for his apparent age too -, but the Chinese shopkeeper and the assassins have a story connected with them. In this case, there isn't any explanation. That's a pity. That said, if you look up 'black Vikings' on the internet, there is some debate about the question whether or not black (in whatever sense of the word) Vikings existed. Maybe Ubisoft is referring to this debate, or they just goofed up. Since Valhalla has a reputation to uphold, probably the latter. 😉

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek It's possible it's a reference to that. After all, Origins had the kites to build pyramids theory, which also isn't too well known afaik.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@torfinr

if anything his armor looks pretty dope, but i did like the armor of the Boss in Asgard the best and i am once again dissapointed we dont get to loot such great looking armor and instead just get reskins.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker I was so miffed about that. What's his face (Gorm?) was in the second fort I went to, but I stayed in Vinland for ages farming, so I could buy all the gear .... Only to find it gone when I got back. AAAAAArgh!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@gloomseeker

its just a stab in th eback from ubisoft.

doesnt make any sense that we couldnt use that idian armor in england, its the best looking armor for sure mace weapon included, woul dhave loved to upgraded that as well

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker yup it makes no sense at all. Like, either Eivor can go to Vinland in which case, they should be able to don the armour, or they can't do either.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gloomseeker What I really don't understand is that Ubisoft has obviously paid attention to a lot of details in this game, and crafted various intricate story lines, which I admire, while many other aspects of the game appear unfinished, unbalanced, or just lazy. I really think they tried to do their best, but some sort of friction got in the way. Covid is one reason, but I doubt it's the only one.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

whats also lazy to keep hiding behind corona and use that as an excuse for everything.

I mean Qubec released fenix rising in a good state, did they not?
    It had the transmog system right away (sure you can only switch around helmet and chest, from what i saw in videos) it has already NG+ and has gotten other updates

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, transmog and the option to save layouts. 🙂

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 It's probably due to the harassment scandals and sackings. I also really have the feeling they are in rivalry with Quebec, or some boss at Montreal is/was and that's also part of the problem, but mere speculation ofc.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

thats really sad tbh. IF anything they should help each other to get the best product possible to the customers instead of bickiering among themselves

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 yeah. We don't know that ofc, but it really feels like it.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang I really try not to bicker too much about how bad Valhalla is, considering the legacy of the franchise in general, the games Ubisoft Montreal has developed in the past, and the inherent potential Valhalla has (or had), and I force myself to think about the good parts, but they've made all that very difficult... 😞

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek Yeah, same here. It just doesn't fit into the open world / game as a service (i.e. that you keep playing) format in its current state.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

there is no need for improvement when ppl keep thinking about the past good games and hope stuff will improve,.

The only way games will improve is if ppl actually complain, stop pre-orders, stop buying ultimate editions and other crap, stop spending into their helix store.

Its all well and dandy that you good memories of previous installments, however that wont result into future better games if you just keep complimenting them or staying put.

Suggested Topics