Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • In what world is content highly repayable, when the actual content takes between 6-8 hours to complete???

8 Likes/46 Replies/422 Views
    Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

As i mentioned before riverraids arent fun, its a tedious chore of repetitive copy and paste content that offers no reward and no challenge.

Even those the content f eels like a total chore and is sluggish as hell, i thought somehow that once i completed everything maybe some new possibilities would open up?

Well it doesnt. It took me roughly 6-8hours to complete everything and then there is nothing to do once more.
    Three complete maps with empty content that serve no purpose whatsoever.

Why couldnt they just repurpose the excisting forts and monasteries within England for these events? Once the mainstories are finished they serve no purpose either.
    Instead of making new maps that way at least you do some stuff within England.

suffice to say this is such a massive let down.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Did I get this right - the only reason to upgrade Jomsviking hall is so they can carry more rations, but there's no point in raiding villages as that increases the alert level for no reason, so they are more likely to die, meaning they have max 1 ration anyway, and all that really matters is the amount of rations you have so you can revive them if you are thus inclined? I was hoping the Jomsvikings would level up depending upon how often you or the creator uses them, not from upgrading the hall and just to carry more rations. I really wish this game would stop adding more grindy stuff.

• BruceHillRacing
    37 posts

@asgardian02

Absolutely agree, was looking so forward to this and I have asked this question before. What is the point in these raids, from the looks of it the loot chests dont respawn, same as in England and Norway so no way to get good stacks of resources. Once you have collected and unlocked everything its just boring. Why has it not been done in a way that the original raid locations repopulate with loot. England is Dead and after about 2 weeks these river raids will be finished with.

Waste of time and literally no end game aside from farming Tungsten ingots that takes 20 minutes tops. Its not repeatable content if the loot doesn't return and its not a grind if there is nothing to grind for....!!

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

yeah thats right, that why i didnt bother raiding villages on the maps as its a waste of time and these maps are super annoying to start with.

I just collect rations from fallen enemies and use my rations on my crew so ill be able to open chests.
    I havent had to used a single rations on myzelf so easy is the content.

PLaying on drengr mind you, but yeah.

• Asgardian02

@brucehillracing

after 2 weeks? for me these new maps where deadw ithin 6 hours orso.

You collect supplies which arent needed for anything else.
    I still have 6400 other supplies from England in my inventory.

Before riverraids i farmed like crazy collected over 281 tungston, so opening a locked chest with tungston in it during the riverraids felt really stupid.
    I have maxed out all my gear to mythical and fully upgraded all blocks within it as well.

Farming the tungston patrols will give you better loot as you get tungstons by the dozens, you actual greater runes and diamond runes, RR only give minor runes for some reason.
    Also you get xp way faster that way. RR give no xp on completing it and you barely get to kill any enemies as you crew mostly does that.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@asgardian02 True. And the roaming patrols give you also more gold and more xp overall, good point.
    River raids are as dead as England when everything is unlocked/bought.
    Valhalla is an empty shell.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

ever since i completed the main stories early january i kept going back to farm stuff and maxx upgrade everything.

having to search for a key only to get 1 tungstun in RR was really a stab in the back, i mean i am sitting on 281 of them and have everything maxed out...

These RR are just a useless score to keep you busy with useless stuff really. I dont know how they thought this was fun.

After completing everything i removed the game from my PC, that way i cant keep coming back to the game only to get more dissapointed.
    That really felt good tbh.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@asgardian02 They didnt link RR to to overall Mastery farming for instance, that's a really bad move.
    It looks like RR are a game in the game. You can play them only to unlock specific items and tattoos, and when it's done you stop playing them.
    Like in fact the rest of England.
    We asked for replayability, in fact we should ask for an endgame. There is no endgame in Valhalla. It's a fast food RPG, you use it, and then it's over.
    Even Origins has more "endgame", as you can roam freely to loot items, sell them for money, and buy books of knowledge that way, you can even loot resources and sell them. In Vahalla, there are no items to sell, as there are not items at all. and you cant sell resources. And I'm not even talking about Odyssey where you have 1500+ passive skills (real passive skills) which has an effect on gameplay, which can take you months if not years to unlock, by doing auto-generated quests and contracts. You really have things to do.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

yeah the mastery system is a real bummer totally inspireless.
    I have unlocked 146 thusfar, but its so futile and unfun to grind for more in this game, i dont see a purpose for that.

Basically RR is designed to rob you of your money asap, recruiting jomvikings costs a lot of silver, they die very fast and you can barely get any silver in the game. The only place where you can ghet silver fast is in the Helixstore.
    So you see this content is only designed so you will spend more real money on the helix store.

• Superfly_Boss
    66 posts

I dismissed everyone in the crew, except for the OG Jomsviking and my Eivor and that guy handled the forts easily. It saves you from wasting all those rations

• Asgardian02

@superfly_boss

i never even am close to dying, so it doenst matter.

all done with the content anyway now and removed game from pc

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@superfly_boss Good idea. Mind you, my own Jomsviking is as dumb as the others.

• Superfly_Boss
    66 posts

@kreutzgang mine is leveled up so he is a little bit better and performs much better than level 1s.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

If your struggling for Silver just re-assign your Jomsviking from your original barracks daily. I collect 100 Silver, 700 a week got about 23k so i won't be running out any time soon.

• Asgardian02

@vanadiumcobalt

you can also give silver to baggars in lundun, the glitch there has been buffed with the latest patch and you get a diamond rune every 2th time you give him silver.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@superfly_boss mine is also level 3, but he still totally sucks. He does way more damage than my Eivor for some reason (he charged in when I was fighting the boss, and killed him in 2 hits), but he's constantly in need of revival, because apart from hitting hard, he's a noob.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@vanadiumcobalt huh? Can you explain that in more detail?

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@asgardian02 Yes, I was aware they give you runes, not the diamond though.

• Asgardian02

@kreutzgang

arent you finished with all the RR content by now? It shouldnt take you more then 6 hours

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 nope. I still have to find one last part of the armour. It's boring so I keep off tabbing to the forum or doing other random RL chores 😄 Also, to get the cosmetics, I'd have to grind it a lot more, and I can't be bothered tbh.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics