Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

Mine is always on the ship when I call it or for a quick trip up a river. I have another crew member in full Draugr gear with his glowing shield on the Longship.

• Asgardian02
    Original poster 1932 posts

@kreutzgang
    i also have gotten money only once. surely another bugs as there are countless others.

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts

"It took me roughly 6-8hours to complete everything" Yea sure you did.... I am at 64 hours and have not even come close to completing everything. Still have areas, I have not gone too yet. I have mysteries, loot and items to find. So I am sure as hell you have not completed everything. Also I am only at level 110 and still have boss fights I can't even start yet. So how about you tell the Truth and say after 6 to 8 hours you got board with the game and quit. Hell it took me about 6 to 8 hours to complete everything I could in Norway, yet there is still some stuff I still need to do. Its just some of the stuff left requires me to be a higher level before I can go back and complete them.

• Asgardian02

@lordraven4430
    It might be wise to make an effort to actually read what someone writes instead of making wild accusations. Good luck.

• LordRaven4430
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LordRaven4430
    18 posts

@asgardian02: Ok, I see where I miss read what he put. Could have worded it better, sounded as if there was nothing more to do meaning no more content to find, but what he is saying is he only did the main quest line. Well I do everything or as much as I can, before moving the main quest line along. 64 Hours in and I still need to go find Sigard who is meeting with the sons of Ragnar, yet still doing side missions and finding loot, mysteries and notes first.

• OlmerGrey
    56 posts

@lordraven4430
    Bro... the guys here complaining about "river raids" - new downloadable game mode free for all. Not about main game content, main story, side activities or something like that... just about "RIVER RAIDS" and how few actually replayable content in it.
    I don’t know how could you misunderstand it TWICE, but this is how it is... seriously.

• GalacticUrchin
    8 posts

@asgardian02 I would be happy if they would finally just give us NG+ and forget all this other pointless stuff.

• Asgardian02

@olmergrey

Haha, well i guess it isnt really said within the title specifically, but in the opening post it should be obvious its about the RR 🙂

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

I'm guessing it didn't take the devs more than a week to come up with this mess, highly replayable...lol. They built it up for months with the jornviking leveling and this is what we get.If you bring the jornsvikings with you. you spend most of your time healing them, and that doesn't include the times they blow up things killing themselves or one another or me. I was really impressed with how they just take arrows until they fall. Yeah this is just an awesome installment and sooooooooooooo highly replayable.Which actually reminds me of the last time I played, It was the largest fort on the 3rd river. I forget it's name, I killed every soldier but 6, so I hit force open on the chest...and no viking...so I'm thinking,where the hell are they, I go to the top and 6 jornsviking were down, now I ask you,what exactly is the use of these jornsvikings?

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@duskdragon56496 I didn’t even take them with me, just left them in the boat while I raided the military base. Yet they still managed to get themselves killed.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Well geez I thought they'd be able to handle 6 soldiers when I blew the horn but noooooo!

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

I think the river raids will improve. They maybe add some rivers and can do some events around them. Beating a pirate ship in Odyssey was more repeatable (Like most things you could do in Odyssey), but you got something for it. They could easily make something like that for it.

I see people complain about the many different things (which I personally like) you can do in Valhalla. If anything, River raids feel the most like Odyssey for me.

You can just be negative about everything. I get it, I’m also tired of all the bugs and lose my temper if I lose 5-10 hours of gameplay for the 10th time. But maybe better to concentrate on posts how Ubi could improve the river raids..?

• Asgardian02

@b00msie

i highly doubt this.

Lets face it, they introduce an entire new mode without 1st fixing the game.
    I think we can all agree we would have much more aprreciated certain features implemented 1st such as transmog and NG+ before introducing a halfbaked new game mode in which they didnt commit on their promises.

Also according to stuff i read online the next free content update will include another gamemode centered around combat.
    I dont understand why they wanna introduce more and more gamemodes when the excisting stuff is clearly boring and not repeatable.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@asgardian02

You can also see a lot of love from the developers in this game. Valhalla is a great game, which needs time to be finished. Like we discussed before, it’s probably released prematurely. Not my words, but agree; You have developers that want to make a great game and managers that want to release as quickly as possible.

You have a lot of good suggestions for this game. I always like to read them. And it is more constructive then all that negativity.

Also... You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

• Asgardian02

You have a lot of good suggestions for this game. I always like to read them. And it is more constructive then all that negativity.

Also... You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Thanks for that 🙂

• martygod12
    237 posts

@b00msie Yeah if only Ubi showed some effort in improving the game, they dont even respond on anything here on forums unless it is something completely stupid and irrelevant. After three months only effort they shown is towards the helix store. So I dont blame people for their negativity, when you see this complete lack of interest from Ubi side.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@martygod12

Like I said... I get that. The “disappearing savegames” bug is 1 off the most annoying one around. Believe me. I have also made some very negative posts after this happened to me, again... and again.... But the constant more aggressive posts about the miracle of Odyssey and how bad Valhalla is are not making it better. Some people (like me) like the concept of Valhalla more, but I am not making hundreds of new posts about how bad I think Odyssey is.

The general opinion still seems to be that Valhalla is a better game then Odyssey. Ubisoft admins probably do not react because they see the same people make those same negative comments about Valhalla all the time. They react to people who contribute. I am positively surprised how active and involved the admins on this forum are. If you look at their comments, you see, they must be playing the game themselves.

To conclude... Valhalla is never going to be Odyssey. It’s another game. Some people like it this way, others don’t. But we all hate the fact, that the game looks unfinished and the Helix store is the wrong way to go. We should try to stimulate Ubisoft to fix that.

• TORFINR
    331 posts
    @b00msie

i highly doubt this.

Lets face it, they introduce an entire new mode without 1st fixing the game.
    I think we can all agree we would have much more aprreciated certain features implemented 1st such as transmog and NG+ before introducing a halfbaked new game mode in which they didnt commit on their promises.

Also according to stuff i read online the next free content update will include another gamemode centered around combat.
    I dont understand why they wanna introduce more and more gamemodes when the excisting stuff is clearly boring and not repeatable.

Word for word what I think also. The RR are a new "layer" above the game, which remains unchanged, finished and empty. And this new layer is also finishable and empty after a while. RR and the rest of the game or not connected to each other. Resources in one do not support the other part. In fact the RR could easily be sold as a different game. (random Ubi employee commenting: "hey boss, he said sold, that's interesting, did you hear boss?!") And there are not a single mechanic in one part or the other which would make the game worth playing after completing and collecting the items. The developing team should play Diablo II just for them to understand what the word "replayability" means.

• Asgardian02

@torfinr

exactly, i mean ppl are still playing D2 to this day (20year old game) and still playing D3 (10year old game) that is saying something.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics