Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@taleraris

assasination is not cheating ofcourse if you do it well and have lvled up that skill. However i you can one shot everyone from the get go just cause you selected that setting then yes its cheating.

Sneaking up on ppl is super easy in this game, no challange there it just takes time, time i can spend on other stuff.

Where is running through the front gates and alarming everyone at onbce to attack you, yeah that should be more of an challenge. You need to dodge or parry on time so you get killed, you need to deal with incoming attacks etc and still kill stuff.
    That is certainly more of an challenge then sneaking up on someone and one shotting them, then hide the body in the bushes and rinse and repeat.

Anyway D2 remastered is coming this year, that should entertain me till d4 is coming

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2131 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zooolz
    32 posts

I never needed the " Guaranteed Assassination "
    ( but it does not work anyway )

GAME PLOT BROKEN

unable to assassinate
    Power Level 404
    All assassination's runes applied.
    All poison applied.

They just laugh at me --- as I wait for the " video sequence" to end .....
    --- then Button 1 kill them.

Is there a way to un-apply this 1.1.2 patch ?
    ( or stop the patches from being automatically applied ? )
    We cant complete " Core " assignation challenges.

I can also say I picked up "the book" on the river raids EXE .
    I think they are correct.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Assassination is bugged to the point you can't even 1-hit assassinate dummies anymore. That was my motivation for trying to enable default 1-hit assassination, but since there's the quicktime event everyone is forced to have anyway, and once you figure it out it amounts to the same thing, it's neither here nor there anyway.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@asgardian02 The question is will D2 resurrected be any good or will it be like Warcraft 3 reforged?

• SpartanFrankie
    5 posts

Same problem also on PC, as soon as you return from the first raid, the guaranteed assassination breaks. At this point being a problem that affects every version of the game it is clear that no one has tested the update before releasing it and this thing is impressive, I can understand the bugs that can be present in an huge game like Valhalla, but release an update with bugs it's very funny.
    On PC then the game becomes almost unplayable with the quicktime event since another known bug is the "sudden frames drop" that leads the game to lag making the pressure time difficult with normal assassination, so it is very important to have active the guaranteed assassination.
    But come on be happy! because we have a brand new outfit and a new style for the ship XD XD
    I think as things stand it would be better to buy these games a year later when they are stable and the problems are solved.

• Outlander1982
    123 posts

Same problem here

Also my character seem to take a lot more damage against lower level enemies,almost get one shot by projectile every time with armor fully upgraded and almost 400 power.

• SpartanFrankie
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpartanFrankie
    5 posts

@ultrajezuz Yes it is true, the bug is activated after taking the ability book. Yesterday in a long session I had raided many settlements before returning to the base. Now I have tried with a previous save and there is no problem playing river raids, just don't take the shoulder bash skill book.
    Luckily, a reduced problem only for those who can go back to an old save.

• jim5281
    1 posts

Same problem here with mandatory QTE on assassinations (amongst many other bugs) on PS4. I'm not convinced the game or any of these updates are being tested properly before release. Updates are meant to fine tune the overall experience not break something that was working well. Get a grip Ubisoft and don't make us wait or you'll be waiting forever for us to buy your next AC.
    Cheers
    Jim

• davidv81
    65 posts

I have no problem doing the QTE, I almost always nail it, but it is really boring that it triggers at each assassination, it breaks the rythm of the game and make the game really slower.
    And I like to clear the enemies camps just assessinating, so this bug is a real headache

• Kortis88
    2 posts

Same problem here on PC, instant assassination not working anymore, i am not even gettrin the qte, so hidden kills wont work anymore until fixed ... a real gamebreaker for me.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 In Odyssey, I liked to take my time to clear a large fort with just stealth, carefully hiding bodies and making sure that I disabled the signal fire, etc. If I screwed up (pushing the wrong button is not something that's just limited to Valhalla for me), I just reloaded and started all over again. It was fun. In Valhalla I've never had that feeling. I try to approach the game in the same way, but somehow the stealth mechanics are not working the way they should. At least not for me, but others have pointed this out too. The devs brought social stealth back in the game, which in itself is wonderful, but again the implementation seems lacking to me. The only social stealth feature I've used on a somewhat regular basis is luring guards away with a drunk.

If done well, using stealth can be just as challenging and fun as open combat. Some people will prefer the one, other people the other. AC veterans will probably belong to the group that prefers stealth.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek I really miss being able to stealth forts and also actually getting panicked if the enemies get agroed. In V. it's neither here nor there as we are gods haha.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@kreutzgang Yes, that's the other side of the coin. In Valhalla, when a stealth approach goes sour, I know I can take on the entire camp without breaking a sweat. In Odyssey, I would have had to run away and hide (especially when multiple mercenaries appear on the stage).

• SpartanFrankie
    5 posts

@kortis88 Are you unable to recover an old save prior when you got the "shoulder bash" skill? I did some tests and I can confirm that the problem is there. You can do river raids and continue the game as normal just don't take the book.

• karenshannonpl2
    12 posts

I I have the same problem and would have to back up to a save 20 hrs. Any idea how long it will take ubisoft to patch their patch. If they aren't pretesting then maybe make smaller changes so you don't make what amounts to game breakers.

• Kormac67
    579 posts

@karenshannonpl2 Next patch will be in a month or so, don't expect any fix before.

• AnolinMcGinnis
    17 posts

@kormac67

Sounds accurate. And then more bugs to deal with!

What's next? I'm betting Evior will spawn in naked and ALL items will be removed from everyone's inventory. 😒

• Kormac67
    579 posts

@anolinmcginnis You need to install the "braless" mod if you want Eivor nude.

• Skaebo
    5 posts

I just want to report the same issue, On Sony Playstation 4 Pro, with all of my difficulty settings still as they were before the update. Unfortunately, I don't have any previous viable saves to revert to, and, frankly, shouldn't have to savescum because the devs broke something. But, I digress: My issue also started in River Raids Mode, but I don't know if it carries over to the main game mode, yet, because I usually stop playing when I encounter a game-breaking bug like this, and watch the threads for an update (remember the arrow bug -_- I didn't play for a while after that update). Thanks for your time.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics