Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Kormac67
    562 posts

@karenshannonpl2 Next patch will be in a month or so, don't expect any fix before.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AnolinMcGinnis
    17 posts

@kormac67

Sounds accurate. And then more bugs to deal with!

What's next? I'm betting Evior will spawn in naked and ALL items will be removed from everyone's inventory. 😒

• Kormac67
    562 posts

@anolinmcginnis You need to install the "braless" mod if you want Eivor nude.

• Skaebo
    5 posts

I just want to report the same issue, On Sony Playstation 4 Pro, with all of my difficulty settings still as they were before the update. Unfortunately, I don't have any previous viable saves to revert to, and, frankly, shouldn't have to savescum because the devs broke something. But, I digress: My issue also started in River Raids Mode, but I don't know if it carries over to the main game mode, yet, because I usually stop playing when I encounter a game-breaking bug like this, and watch the threads for an update (remember the arrow bug -_- I didn't play for a while after that update). Thanks for your time.

• Skaebo
    5 posts

I also want to point out that the entire game is harder now. Something changed in the difficulty settings alongside the disappearance of Guaranteed Assassinations. I tried to edit my previous post to include this, but for some reason, I wasn't allowed to edit my post. So, here.

• tr3stone
    2 posts

The new Book of Knowledge for Shoulder Bash from River Raids is bugged. After picking it up all my assassinations are now timing-based (if you have Advanced Assassination) even with Guaranteed Assassination turned on. Low level enemies are also no longer one hit kills anymore either. I have the same issue on both Xbox Series X and PC. A youtuber has captured the issue below:

• Quixy21
    14 posts

This is definitely an issue with assassination after the River Raid update.
    I've never used guaranteed assassination, but I'm maxed out and was always able to assassinate any enemy. Now I also am only seeing "stealth attack" with the QTE, even on lowest level areas.
    Playing on Xbox Series X.

• EternalJosh
    13 posts

@kreutzgang I don't even play with that setting on and every enemy I go to assassinate requires the assassination minigame.

• Quixy21
    14 posts

@tr3stone Dang it, wish I'd known about this before getting that stupid book.
    I have older saves, but do I really want to lose hours and hours of stuff?

• davidv81
    65 posts

I have previous saves too, but I don't want to do all those river raids chores again (I have all the armor, maxed building and all the cosmetics), and the bug is annoying, but I can deal with it until they fix it (I hope they will fix it in a month or so, maybe I'm hoping too much)

• AnolinMcGinnis
    17 posts

@kormac67 haha true that!

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@eternaljosh I only turned it on cos 1-hit assassination didn't work on anyone anymore, but the setting itself is also broken. I guess we're stuck with the quicktime rubbish, which is less annoying now I can actually do it, but still tedious. It will get significantly worse next time they decide to give us assassinate 100 enemy goals.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@kreutzgang I hadn’t even thought about those assassinate 100 enemies challenges. And Ubi will probably wait until the next patch to do anything about it.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    121 posts

@kreutzgang that is the new challenge, if you want to play more like an assassin and assassinate target with one hit, you need to use runes witch gives you more assassination damage 😉

• IFrike
    22 posts

All of my damage has decreased now as well. I am no longer able to one-hit assassinate anything and headshows with my hunter bow will not kill grunts either.

At first I assumed it had something to do with my power level going from 400 to 406 and thus breaking something with the mandatory enemy scaling. But acquiring the Shoulder Bash ability seems to be more in-line with the timing of this unfortunate event.

• joy122
    4 posts

@ifrike Raven distraction ability level 2 doesn’t stun enemies anymore either.

• davidv81
    65 posts

@joy122 Most of skills are bugged.. blinding rush doesn't work, sleeping arrow only affect a soldier, and probably more and more bugs we even don't notice

• Yesin069
    534 posts

From what i've know this has to do with the bookd of knowledge in the river raid areas. If you dont pick one of them you dont get this bug. I havents played river raids yet and dont have this bug so it seems likely.

Just dont pick up any of the new books of knowledge or avoid river raids all together if you want to play with this setting on. As we know Ubisoft and new features you cant start playing them from day one. It is always early access beta time when they release something new. I first start to play new content after at least one patch afterwards that fixes the biggest bugs. The same will happen with the story dlc's. No need to play them on day 1...

This is why i would like every game to be released in early acess. Clearly most games are betas on release and need at least some more months to be playable for everyone without problems. Games like Sony exlusives are a different thing because they come out polished on day 1. But mostly all games from big publishers like EA and Ubisoft should release in early acess first, because this is actually what those games are...

Valhalla was just a beta on release called version 1.0.0 and still isn't polished enough to this date to be called a final release. This is what those huge roadmaps are. This isn't "free content" for us. This is just the content that will make a early access title to a final release. The only new things are the story dlcs and those should be the only things marketed as post launch content.

• BobNewton2
    13 posts

Another bug I found - I have zero rations everytime I start a raid!! Zero!!! I can't even save myself let alone my crew. Anyone else have this problem?

• Kormac67
    562 posts

@bobnewton2 That's the core mechanics. You have to raid a civilian site first to fill up rations.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics