Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Majere326
    20 posts

@spookz18 Yeah I'm having this same issue and it's a real game killer for me. A QTE for an assassination has to be one of the more "touched in the head" features Ubisoft has included.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1448 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Littleweasel01
    35 posts
    Does the assassination work properly on the older game saves for you or have all of them been affected?

i loaded up a save that was before any river raids and yes it works perfectly fine on a save before doing any of the river raids, but as soon as i returned from the the 1st river raid it began making me do the qte.

so for some unknow reason the river raid turns off the Guaranteed assassination and makes you do the qte each time no matter what settings you set it to.

• wishie10
    1 posts

Same, its completely broken. on xbox

• Marta97M
    21 posts

@littleweasel01

So just as I thought, it's not the update itself, but playing the new game mode that caused this issue. Ugh.

I don't know if I should go back to a save from yesterday before the raids (that would mean losing over 6h of progress) or just continue playing using most recent save and wait for the fix. 😕 Ubisoft has been silent on this issue so far.

• Marta97M
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Marta97M
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Marta97M
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • spookz18
    4 posts

Since the river raid update guaranteed assassination is not working.
    Have tried to reload, restart game, toggle on and off etc. Also the dummies around the Assassin Hut are not respawning, or the dummies in Norway around the training area and smaller village.
    Very disappointed and wont be playing the game until it is fixed. I refuse to do a quick time event which completely ruins my immersion and way I want to play the game.
    Please Help!!

• spookz18
    4 posts

@zero-elec Exact same problem, have also posted. Not happy!!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1448 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together some similar threads about this issue together into one single thread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussion. Creating one thread will allow us to keep all information and updates regarding the issue in one place.

Thanks for reporting this issue within the forums! I actually noticed this whilst playing through a river raid last night, even though I have guaranteed assassinations turned on. I was also able to test on an older save, and guaranteed assassinations returned. I've now passed on your reports to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Once we have an new updates to share from the development team, such as requiring additional information from the players within this thread, we will reach out here. Please keep an eye out for any more news and information.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • StevenB82
    12 posts

The assassination ist completely broken after the river raids on xbox series x
    Can't assassinate anybody

• Marta97M
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for your response. I'd be happy to provide any additional information that's needed, I can send you my game save file etc.
    I just hope that it gets fixed soon as it makes playing the game stealthily very annoying. This bug is not as rare as I though it was, I looked for help on a few Discord servers and found many other players that have it too.

• s10cameo
    7 posts

I'm having the same problem on PS4

• G0DAPE
    2 posts

yup getting this too switching on and off doesn't work either

• JRW28451
    1 posts

Today I cannot assassinate any opponent, not even an archer; all of them are showing as stronger than me and requiring at least 2 hits. Yesterday I assassinated 46 towards my 100 target. My power is 406, 59 Mastery points and all skills completed. Is there an issue?

• jetblackfighter
    33 posts

Same. Playing on ps4. Tried with toggling the mode off as well, and re-engaging guaranteed assassinations. No luck.

• MaxCrasher1992
    1 posts

I have it turned on in the stealth settings. But every time i assisinate an enemy i have to do the button press. This has started happening after the most recent river raid update. Am i the only one who is having this problem?

• Marta97M
    21 posts

@maxcrasher1992 You're not the only one

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94985/guaranteed-assassination-not-working-following-tu-1-1-2-post-here/20

• MK_2014
    7 posts

Yeah I have the same problem too on PS4.. I noticed first time when I played and tried to solo raid on raid river mode, as I have to do the Ubisoft connect challenge 100 Assassinations.. I'm like Level 352 and the Assassinations like 155 dmg.. I was surprised that qte appeared for every type of enemy including the weak ones such as Archers.. even if I'm level 352 I can't Assassinate someone with level 10.. it's definitely bugged, I tried to enable disable guaranteed Assassinations on and off still the same, enable and disable Advanced Assassination from skills tree still same.. it's bugged as it only kill in stealth mode which means you have to do qte, won't prompt the Assassination, it's like stealth + Assassination, not fully Assassination, and yes might be because of river raid mode.. I hope they fix it as soon as possible, because without Assassinations I don't think I can play this game.. and we can't wait for another update to have something important fixed.. it's like the Assassination disabled from the game ..

• t_wil
    2 posts

My guaranteed assassination does not work for some reason. It worked fine before I got the new update. Now it doesn’t work at all.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics