Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ThaScorpionKing
    7 posts

And now on top of all this "The bakers plaint" quest is bugged out as well! Can we please get a break here with the game stopping bug's already! It either stops you from loading in or fast traveling anywhere. Played over 300 hours of this game between my first initial game and my new one and I'm getting past frustrated.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • the_real_dna
    16 posts

@marta97m yes, seems to be caused by the RR .. but I would argue that the update is responsible, because this bug would not be present without the update (and its added content). But, semantics are irrelevant at this point. This is not something that should stay in the game for another few months until Ubi decides to release another big update. This should be fixed now and pushed as a hotfix, ASAP. "Advanced Assassination" is easy for most people, myself included.. but having to do it every single time you assassinate an enemy makes the player experience far less enjoyable. I'd rather stop using stealth altogether until it is fixed, but not everyone will agree with this view. That's ok because one thing we can all agree on is that this bug should have easily been identified before patch release.

Does Ubisoft even have game testers? This is unreal.. I found this bug after playing the game for a mere 30 minutes.. I'm baffled as to how an entire team of developers and testers could not see this bug before pushing the final v1.1.2 update. Get it together

• davidv81
    66 posts

@the_real_dna I guess that they won't fix this in at least 2-3 weeks, since the updates are mostly once a month, not more.

And anyways, there are still bigger bugs from day 0 that are unsolved 3 months after launch, so.... crossing fingers...

• Luvbeers7
    15 posts

It is not only guaranteed assassination... I have that off... but I am far high powered than random enemies... and I should be able to kill them with a single assassinations or at least I was able to until the update. Now I get the QTE for all assassination attempts. (xbox series X, update 1.1.2)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UP9YLNs

• hisbelle13
    2 posts

@ultrajezuz I've been dealing with the bug before picking up the ability.

• HIDDEN1NE
    65 posts

I think assassinations as a whole are messed up once grabbing the shoulder bash ability, as I never played with guaranteed assassination, but now I’m finding I have to QTE almost every guard now, even if I’m the same power level or well over it. It especially shows because of the settlement dummies, I was only having to QTE the farthest dummy (leveling up my assassination) and the rest were natural insta-kills, but again now i have to QTE all four, even the one in front of the bureau door (which you never had to ever before). So even though guaranteed assassinate players are now having to QTE, it seems this bug even affects default players by making every assassination an unnecessary QTE. Playing on Xbox Series X.

(Also my brother hasn’t gotten the shoulder bash yet, and all his assassinations are fine, seemingly making the ability the culprit?)

• Quixy21
    14 posts

As some others have pointed out, there also seems to be an issue with ... I'm not sure, difficulty of enemies?
    What I mean is before river raid update I could kill pretty much any unshielded light enemy in the game with a dash attack (hitting RB/R1 while dashing skill). Now, even in low level areas (like Grantebridgescire) it only does maybe 75% damage to enemies.

• dbloodymoon
    27 posts

Any steath attack is affected, making assassinations and takedowns hard to complete 😕 had to change my playstyle a little, focusing on long range attacks, but for now I'm simply grinding for opals, no big deal.

I'll only be able to start a fresh save AFTER an update on this.

• Hellothereuser
    1 posts

After taking the shoulder bash skill book in the river raids no matter what enemy I get the advanced assassination timing event

• dmbro68
    8 posts

Won't let me perform a full assassination on a enemy only a stealth attack and I am max level with mastery levels included what the hell even the dummies at the settlement are stealth attack now 😠

Ubisoft please fix this has got to be the most ridiculous bug i ever encountered in a AC Game 😞

• petek
    28 posts

@dmbro68 It's a bug after you pick up the "shoulder bash" book of knowledge in the river raids. Luckily I had a save game before I started them and had to re-do them..... Not what I had in mind for "replayability" 😉

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello everyone,

I've merged a larger thread created by @kreutzgang into this one which concerned the issue with the guaranteed assassination ability, so I do apologise if any conversations have been interrupted. @kreutzgang, in your first post from your own thread, you mentioned no longer being able to log into the forums using Firefox - please raise this issue over in the Forum Feedback section so we can take a look into this with you. Thanks!

Regarding the issue itself, the development team are still looking into this and we will keep you updated with the latest information as it becomes available to us. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or @Ubi-Borealis and we will do our best to address these. For any reports of different issues, please post in a more appropriate thread or create your own if one is not available. This thread should be kept exclusively for issues with the guaranteed assassination ability. Thank you very much! 🙂

Official Response
  • davidv81
    66 posts

@ubi-woofer You keep talking about guaranteed assassination, and it's not only that, is every assassination in the game. I have that thing off, and before the River Raids I could kill almost everyone without the QTE.

• nrnrnrnr
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis has there been any movement regarding this issue? Will Ubisoft be able to get us our weapons back/restored?

• dmbro68
    8 posts

@kreutzgang Yes yes that's what I mean you can't 1 kill them

• the_real_dna
    16 posts

@davidv81 Hey David, thx for the reply. Thats a reall bummer youve still got other bugs, especially day 0 bugs, smh. What are a few examples of these other bugs you're referring to? I am on PC so maybe they wont apply to me specifically, but I am definitely curious to hear what they are.
    -Cheers

• davidv81
    66 posts

@the_real_dna Hi, mate! You should try sleeping arrow and blinding rush. They don't work as intended. The arrow just sleep one guy, and using blinding you get detected as usual.
    I heard that the crow skill don't stun at all, but I haven't used it.

Probably there are even more undiscovered bugs in the skills

• davidv81
    66 posts

@ubi-woofer By the way, I have seen some videos on YouTube and it seems that even if you use the enviromental rocks that you can throw down with an arrow, now these rocks don't kill the soldiers, so they are bugged as the assessination

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello all!

@davidv81 - Thanks for sharing your own experiences and feedback. Please be assured that the development team are aware that all assassination techniques have been affected by this, and that players will be required to complete a QTE even if this feature has been disabled. They're also aware that player damage has been lessened as a result. Would you be able to report the other issues you're encountering (such as sleeping arrow and blinding rush) in another thread? That way, we can keep the investigations separate to the assassination investigation taking place in this thread. Thanks!

@nrnrnrnr - Hey there! The development team are still looking into the guaranteed assassinations further. Once we have new information to share, such as any updates being deployed, they will be posted within this thread or in the "News & Announcements" forum. I'd recommend checking these locations regularly for the most up-to-date news.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zooolz
    40 posts

Thanks for the new " Time-Limited " challenges that require assassination

THAT WE CANT COMPLETE.

developers must be under a rock, not knowing about the on-going BUG

A game with assassination in it's title - should be able to do so ....

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics