Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@hoggarm It's bugged. They are aware of the problem. Not sure if a hotfix will do the job or you will have to wait for another update. It's not just you, I think everyone who has this mode selected has the issue.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Again, if you play as an assassin and cannot 1 hit your targets, you agro everyone, which in a normal AC game is bad. In this one ofc, it's neither here nor there, but it's still fun to play like that at least occasionally, even if the game doesn't require it on any level.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@asgardian02 I think the one hit assassination was meant to cater to fans of the original Assassins Creed games. When AC Origins came out a lot of long time fans were annoyed that you had to upgrade the hidden blade before you could assassinate in one hit. Even then it might not work if your level was still too low. So Ubisoft is attempting to find middle ground between original AC fans and the new rpg style AC fans.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@whocares78
    hmm well it clearly indicated how much damge you will deal, if you can just cheat your way through a game with these mechanics, i odnt understand why you would even play.

But yeah, different ppl different likes 😉

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@asgardian02 Again a lot of older fans don’t care much for this rpg lite style Ubisoft has been going for with the past three AC games. And after about 14 previous games, they expect a blade to the back of the enemies neck to kill them the first time every time. I wouldn’t say it’s cheating through the game though, it mainly makes the assassinations more like we remember. It also does away with the annoying QTE’s. I got burned out on those fifteen years ago, maybe more.

But if you enjoy them, then have at it. That’s the good thing about them giving us the option to toggle them on/off. Everyone can play their preferred way. Now if only they would put more effort into gameplay mechanics, better enemy AI, bug fixes, finding three lost fish, more to do after the games story is done, new armor to earn during events that isn’t reskinned versions of what we already have....

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 how is it cheating to use assassination in an Assassin's Creed game? Also, in all games that give you character classes, rogues/assassins etc do a ton of damage but die easily. While that's not the case in Valhalla, it's due to everyone having all skills, not b/c playing assassins is easy in general. Personally I think it's much easier to play as a warrior type. *shrug*

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@whocares78 I actually love the new more RPG style, but while I'm fine with giving people options to play a melee steamroller, I still want to be an assassin. I love rogue/assassin builds in RPG's in general, but in particular in AC I want to play as one. Have to agree on the quicktime events. Terrible button mashing rubbish, especially when I'm too dumb to figure out how to even use them xD

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

seems obvious, because with this setting you can insta kill everyone in the game no mater how much higher lvl they are compared to you.

You basically rob yourself of any progression you would normale make from being weak to becoming gradually more stronger.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@whocares78

played only odyssey before that and from i am seeing here in valhalla and i what iu hear from friend who refuse to play ubisoft games its just a company that always releases buggy games with a low quality functioning ai.
    no challenge really in gameplay so yeah.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Only if they don't detect you, which is actually harder to achieve, than whacking them thrice with a spear or hammer xD

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@asgardian02 Yeah I can confirm Ubisoft is synonymous with bugs. I’ve played all of the Assassins Creed games, most of the Far Cry series and Ghost Recon. All buggy at release, most were fixed eventually. They used to patch things quicker than they are with Valhalla. Not sure what’s changed lately. Enemy AI has always been plagued with problems. But at least the games were mostly fun and entertaining. Oh and let’s not forget the patented Ubisoft grind. You think Valhalla is repetitive, try Ghost Recon Wildlands. 😂

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

there are so many bushes everywhere, i never had diffuclty sneaking up on enemies in th egame nor stealing keys from way over lvled enemies.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@whocares78

if enemy ai are super stupid and such, it takes away all the fun a game can have in potentiel.
    it makes or breaks a game really.

I mean heckj, games from 10years ago or even 20 years ago have smarter AI then Valhalla, taht say something doesnt it?

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@kreutzgang While I prefer the older AC games, I do enjoy the newer ones. Origins is actually one of my favorite AC games. If Ubisoft want to continue on this road they need to hire someone that knows how to make a skill tree. Why bother with it if we’ll have all the skills by end game anyway. The way it is now makes it hard to focus on a particular build.

• hoggarm
    2 posts

Ok. I just find it strange that I cant find any questions regarding this toppic on the internet? Maybe its a new bugg. Yes I will wait for another update. Thank you for the quick awnser.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@asgardian02 They aren’t always stupid. It’s more of an imbalance issue. And that changes from game to game. Valhalla definitely has the worst enemy AI yet though. And the river raids enemies are even stupider. I repeatedly walked right up to them and could assassinate them with them looking right at me.

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts
  • kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 In my experience you can walk right in front of some enemies without them noticing, while others spot you from a mile off without even looking in your direction. But if you think sneaking is easy and I think warrior style melee is easy, then it's good we have options. Or had. Fact is I can't assassinate anyone anymore anyway.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@whocares78 It's a mixed bag in Valhalla and I don't really understand it. Some will not notice you even if you walk in front of them, or forget you are there for no apparent reason without you making any effort at all to hide, while others will even spot you in a bush when they aren't remotely near. The Jomsvikings are equally weird, as they'll roflstomp their way around 1-hitting everything and then drop dead from one arrow.

They had some good ideas in Valhalla though, like the fat dudes throwing random stuff at you. Not gonna lie, I love playing catch with them.

I can't even one hit assassinate the dummies anymore. LOL.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics