Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kenway144
    Original poster 1 posts

So I downloaded the new update, and have just now realised that even tho i have instant assassination turned ON it doesnt not work and im always presented with the stealth attack option instead.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • spookz18
    6 posts

Since new update guaranteed assassinate is not working. Have tried to toggle on and off, reload and restart game etc.

Very disappointing, this is the main reason I play, to be able to actually assassinate in an AC game! Won’t be playing again until fixed, not prepared to do a quick time event, completely ruins my immersion.

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts

I turned on guaranteed assassinations, every type of difficulty was set to default and it allowed me to kill basically anyone like in the old AC games before the update.
    Now I'm level 200+ and I can't even assassinate an enemy in level 20 area without this stupid QTE, even when I changed all difficulty settings to easy...
    I reloaded each one of the saves from before I played river raids and assassinations are instant, no QTE, just like it was before. It lead me to believe this problem was not caused by the update itself but by participating in the new game mode that came with the update.
    I play the game on PS4 Pro, if that makes any difference.

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts

Before the river raids (instant kills, assassination always takes full health, no QTE)
    undefined

After river raids (assassinations never kill any enemy, even when they are just regular enemies many levels below Eivor, unless QTE is completed)
    undefined

• Nico2886
    1 posts

So I’m running on Xbox one. The latest patch seems to have bugged out the guaranteed assassination option. I currently have to do the advanced assassination prompt even with Guaranteed assassinations turned on.

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts

@nico2886 I'm sorry to hear that but glad at the same time that I'm not the only one who has encountered that bug.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94930/can-t-assassinate-any-enemy-without-the-qte

Does the assassination work properly on the older game saves for you or have all of them been affected?

• djmck1809
    1 posts

Problem with ensured assassination. I have the assassinate quick time event turned off but the game still does it anyway since my game has updated earlier.

• Zero-ELEC
    3 posts

Despite being way higher level than everything in the game at this point, after participating in the new River raids activities, performing assassination always does just too little damage to kill in one shot, triggering the QTE.

This happens even to training dummies at Ravensthorpe that surround the Assassins Bureau. Didn't see this in the list of known issues.

• Majere326
    22 posts

@spookz18 Yeah I'm having this same issue and it's a real game killer for me. A QTE for an assassination has to be one of the more "touched in the head" features Ubisoft has included.

• Littleweasel01
    54 posts
    Does the assassination work properly on the older game saves for you or have all of them been affected?

i loaded up a save that was before any river raids and yes it works perfectly fine on a save before doing any of the river raids, but as soon as i returned from the the 1st river raid it began making me do the qte.

so for some unknow reason the river raid turns off the Guaranteed assassination and makes you do the qte each time no matter what settings you set it to.

• wishie10
    2 posts

Same, its completely broken. on xbox

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts

@littleweasel01

So just as I thought, it's not the update itself, but playing the new game mode that caused this issue. Ugh.

I don't know if I should go back to a save from yesterday before the raids (that would mean losing over 6h of progress) or just continue playing using most recent save and wait for the fix. 😕 Ubisoft has been silent on this issue so far.

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • spookz18
    6 posts

Since the river raid update guaranteed assassination is not working.
    Have tried to reload, restart game, toggle on and off etc. Also the dummies around the Assassin Hut are not respawning, or the dummies in Norway around the training area and smaller village.
    Very disappointed and wont be playing the game until it is fixed. I refuse to do a quick time event which completely ruins my immersion and way I want to play the game.
    Please Help!!

• spookz18
    6 posts

@zero-elec Exact same problem, have also posted. Not happy!!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together some similar threads about this issue together into one single thread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussion. Creating one thread will allow us to keep all information and updates regarding the issue in one place.

Thanks for reporting this issue within the forums! I actually noticed this whilst playing through a river raid last night, even though I have guaranteed assassinations turned on. I was also able to test on an older save, and guaranteed assassinations returned. I've now passed on your reports to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

Once we have an new updates to share from the development team, such as requiring additional information from the players within this thread, we will reach out here. Please keep an eye out for any more news and information.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • StevenB82
    13 posts

The assassination ist completely broken after the river raids on xbox series x
    Can't assassinate anybody

• guest-pJKINnmB
    22 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for your response. I'd be happy to provide any additional information that's needed, I can send you my game save file etc.
    I just hope that it gets fixed soon as it makes playing the game stealthily very annoying. This bug is not as rare as I though it was, I looked for help on a few Discord servers and found many other players that have it too.

Suggested Topics