Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • lalusitana
    19 posts

Im level 406 and since the river raids, stealth attack changed.
    Now it comes with a round red mark to confirm the assassination and still low power to perform it.
    Is this a bug or big changes?
    Besides there is a challenge to perform assassinations that clearly cannot do it, because after assassination have to kill him somehow and will not count as assassination.
    Hope it goes back as before. TY

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Outlander1982
    123 posts

I don't know if it's only me but it seem the patch as broke the "assassination'' with the crate that you shoot with your bow,even if it land right on the head of the enemies,it doesn't one shot them anymore.

Can people confirm this ?

• DEESSE999
    1 posts

I agree.

The loss of the one shot assassination from the first A.C. games is lost since the bug induced by the last patch. I tried everything but uninstall reinstall the game to get the automatic assassination feeling back without success so far. And yes it s annoying to see that even the poorest fellows need this unwanted nor unnecessary Q.T.E.
    A second trouble induced by this Q.T.E. is the augmentation of lost opportunities to chain two target in a row as the slow motion benefit is lost by the Q.T.E. own timer.
    Please get rid of it...

DEESSE

• Killrog01
    15 posts

Hello,

Since the release of the 1.1.2 patch, the assassination mechanic has been somewhat broken. I'm level 406, have invested 30 mastery points in assassination and has a damage score of 156, yet, I can't kill in a single blow anyone anymore. Even the lowest enemies, like the basic guards or the bandits from the starting areas, require that I use the "Advanced Assassination" skill to one-shot them. Even the dummies from Raventhrope resist me.

I've tried increasing my assassination damage by inserting assassination runes in all my equipment, to no avail. Even above 170 the problem remains and I can't straight assassinate anyone.

Could you please fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@killrog01 Hey there! Thank you for reporting that assassinations following TU 1.1.2 seem to have less damage. Just to confirm, did you previously have guaranteed assassinations enabled?

Official Response
  • Killrog01
    15 posts

@ubiexcellent Thank you for the quick reply.

I didn't know this option existed, so no, I've never toggled it on, I've always played with the default setting. To be more specific, until the last patch's release, I could one-shot almost all enemies save for the toughest ones, like Hurscarls, who required the resort to "advanced assassination".

For your complete information, I've started a new game from scratch, and most of the bugs I've already reported, including this one, do not appear. Meaning that with my level 74 Eivor, I can one-shot enemies in the proper areas without any problem.

Hope this'll help.

• Skaebo
    5 posts

I can't remember if I already posted a reply in this thread, or not, but I am still awaiting an update from devs. They said they are looking into it at this point, but it's been few days... I wonder if they will have to roll those new semi-useless skill back again rofl

• Maddgloin
    1 posts

For the first time in years I stopped playing an AC game, waiting for a patch. The assassination branch now is useless (or nerfed at least), I wonder how they test patches before release

• davidv81
    65 posts

@skaebo Lol, don't expect a quick fix, there are tons of bugs unsolved since the begining of the game... If we are lucky, it will get solved at next update, maybe in 1 or 2 weeks. If not, maybe a month or more.

You can see at this thread what they will solve in the next update:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-feb-24

• davidv81
    65 posts

Well, it seems the assessination is fixed, at least for me. I can one hit kill again the low level soldiers.
    Try and tell me if is working for you too

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • tull183
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I tried exactly what you recommended twice and it is still not working, what do I do? Just wait until there’s a permanent fix? And I’ve made so much progress since the river raids, I’d be back so so many hours if I play from a save before it.

• UbiExcellent

@killrog01 Understood, thanks for trying out this issue on a new save file. It's rather interesting that along side other issues you've reported, this issue seems to no longer be present in the new save. Did the hotfix that went live on March 4th resolve this issue for you in your original save? I understand that you never had guaranteed assassinations enabled, but I am wondering if this hotfix may have resolved this issue for you as well.

Official Response
  • Skaebo
    5 posts

We're back in business, guys! Thanks devs, that didn't take too long at all 🙂

• UbiExcellent

@tull183 I'm sorry to hear that the hotfix hasn't resolve this issue for you. The permanent fix should be added in a future patch, but I understand how disappointing this must be and am extremely sorry for the continued inconvenience caused.

@Skaebo Many thanks for confirming this hotfix sorted everything out for you!

Official Response
  • Killrog01
    15 posts

@ubiexcellent Hello, yes the issue is resolved, thank you very much

• Ubi-Borealis

That's great to hear, @Killrog01! I'm glad the issue has been resolved for you 😄

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I would like to reach out to you all with an update from the development team. The development team have announced that the issue where guaranteed assassinations no longer work will be resolved in TU 1.2.0. This update is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here

If the issue still persists for you following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.0 installed. You can check this in the title menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That guaranteed assassinations still do not work as intended in-game.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics