Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Marta97M
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

As some of you have noticed, a hot-fix was released yesterday to resolve this issue with guaranteed assassinations. If you are unable to use guaranteed assassinations after launching and loading your save game, please follow the steps below:

1. Create a manual save
    2. Close the game entirely, then launch it again
    3. Load the created save

Please note that if you reload the game before acquiring the shoulder bash ability, please relaunch the game application before being able to use Guaranteed Assassinations again. 

The development team is hoping to implement a more permanent fix in a future update. In the meantime, this should allow you to carry out guaranteed assassinations again.

If you are still having trouble with guaranteed assassinations after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Marta97M
    21 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@t_wil

why are so many using that ability even??

• Littleweasel01
    35 posts
    @t_wil

why are so many using that ability even??

i can not speak for everybody, but me personally i hate qte and that's why i have it turned on

• ultrajezuz
    1 posts

I found out whats causing it!

It is the new "shoulder bash" ability that is doing it. If you dont pick up the ability book, you wont get the bug.

• loxim
    2 posts

I've noticed that the same issues happens when using my hunter bow as well. Before river raids I was able to headshot kill all low rank enemies with one shot and now it takes two.

• Zero-ELEC
    3 posts

@ultrajezuz This checks out, have talked to a couple of people that also have the issue and it started during the raid where they got the book. Same for me.

• Kormac67
    563 posts

@loxim Yeah, I also noticed doing daily quests that the hunter bow does way less damage than before. 😞

• t_wil
    2 posts

@asgardian02 because that’s how the game should be. It was like that for all titles until origins came out. If I stab somebody in the throat they should die.

• davidv81
    65 posts

Since last update, if you try to assasinate any guy, even the lowest level guy from the lowest territory, you have to do that quick time event, or you will fail.
    I'm level 406 with 33 additional points at raven skill.
    Before the update, I assasinated directly almost everything, except fat guys or so.

So that's it, another annoying bug 😞

• ChuckKatse
    196 posts

That is odd, I am only level 146 and I am assassinating everyone. The only time I have to use the quick time event is if the enemy is high level. Check to make sure your Advanced Assassination skill is still active and has not been reset to off for some reason. Good luck.

• azullFR
    486 posts

@chuckkatse
    @davidv81
    it's a bug related to Yule River Raids
    at some point you loose Assassination dammage and Bow dammage (about other weapons, I don't know)

The refence Topic is there : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94985/guaranteed-assassination-not-working-following-tu-1-1-2-post-here

• Zero-ELEC
    3 posts

I've noticed also, that this glitch not only affects assassination/stealth attacks, but also things like falling debris damage (shooting thing with arrow to get the things to fall) and Raven Distract stun damage. They all do the same percentage of damage of a life or stun bar.

• davidv81
    65 posts

Same problem here, I can't assesinate even a level 20 soldier without that QTE, and my hunter bow is nerfed too...
    I'm level 406 with 100 skill points or so

• davidv81
    65 posts

@azullfr thanx, I did not find that topic in my first search

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

As of this morning I cannot post on these forums using Firefox. The logg in popup, does not in fact log me in. Cool.

Anyway, I noticed during the RR I cannot 1 hit assassinate most enemies anymore. Thought nowt of it as I assumed the enemies just had more HP, but then I discovered it's the same everywhere. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use that quicktime event. While it's worked a few times, I have no idea how, and I didn't really care before as whether I 1-hit kill fat guys etc is kind of immaterial, but it's annoying when I can't even assassinate archers anymore (and they go on to mock me before dying haha). Also, the setting in options for always assassinating in 1 hit does nothing. Can someone kindly tell me how to get either of these to work?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

i just dont understand why so many ppl use that setting in the 1st place. How is the game even fun when you remove very kind of challenge for yourself?

Seeing how this setting is even in the game, and so many ppl seem to use i now finally understand why they make their game so easy and simplify everything.

I guess that they cater towards that audience or something.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 Because it's an AC game? Also, if you play as a proper assassin, as in not some demigod like in Valhalla, you are squishy as heck and so it's not at all easy. You have to sneak up on people and run away all the time. If you cannot 1-hit assassinate, all the enemies notice you, and that's the end of your assassination spree. Valhalla is the only AC game I've played as a warrior, even in Odyssey I used the assassin path (which is why my Alexios dies so easily); I'm using all three approaches as I can. Well could. With assassination nerfed and my new controller swinging around like a Valhalla fish even on the least sensitive setting, I'm now stuck in perma steamroll mode.

On another note, I cranked it up to Drengr yesterday and I can now safely say that Valhalla on the hardest setting is still easier than Odyssey on normal, at least if you use an assassin build in Odyssey (this was after I found I couldn't assassinate anyone anymore, so that's not the reason).

• hoggarm
    2 posts

I have been playing AC valhalla for over 100 hours with the setting (One-Shot Guaranteed Assassination). The setting is one of the factors that makes this game so great and it has been working well until now. Now when I try to assassinate an enemy, the enemy loses only 90% of his life. whether if it is a lowlevel or highlevel enemie. 

This is what I have tried to fix the problem:
    - I have restarted the game
    - I have restarted the ps4
    - I have turned the (Guaranteed Assassination) on / off button many times.
    - I have been looking for updates.
    - I have loaded recent saved games, when the caracter is in lower level.
    - I have set the settings to default and then back to the settings I prefer.

Nothing works. The problem is still there.
    I have not found anything on forums, Ubisoft Support or in general on the internet regarding this issue.

Please HELP ME to get the setting (One-Shot Guaranteed Assassination) work again.

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @kreutzgang

i just dont understand why so many ppl use that setting in the 1st place. How is the game even fun when you remove very kind of challenge for yourself?

Seeing how this setting is even in the game, and so many ppl seem to use i now finally understand why they make their game so easy and simplify everything.

I guess that they cater towards that audience or something.

The problem is?

You can play on whatever difficulty you want, what others do is not your concern and have ZERO impact on you.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics