Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

I am unable to start the mystery Saint Faith in Hamtunscire. There's no "talk" prompt with the shouting priest. I tried quick saving/quick loading, restarting the game, lowering details to low. Nothing works and I'm completely unable to proceed with the quest.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

Unfortunately this issue wasn't fixed in 1.04 patch. 😞

• Velocirayper
    1 posts

@neon-nfo Same issue for me, on ps5

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

@velocirayper thank goodness, I thought I was the only one! This is the only mission prohibiting me from 100%ing the game...

• CallmeDatabase
    1 posts

the Mystery "Saint Faith" in Hamptunscire is broken for me. The first time i came there, I spoke with the NPC who triggers the Mystery. For some reason, he was standing in the pond at the time, instead of on the island. After all the dialogue was exhausted, nothing happened. Apparantly the big nun was supposed to attack me.
    I didnt investigate further at the time, as I was underlevelled at the time anyways. When I later went back to complete the Mystery, there is nothing I can do there. The 'quest giver' is still glowing, as if to show that he is the quest starter, but he doesnt have a speech bubble over his head and I cannot interact with him at all.

I have tried the following, with no success:
    - attacking him and the other npcs around. Nothing happens, as they are invulnerable.
    - making a manual save and loading it. nothing changes. The npcs spawn in a bit away from their normal positions on the little island, but when they reach their "spot", i still cant interact with them. During their movement I also cannot interact.
    - throwing a corpse at them to cause them to fall over. Nothing changes.
    - trying to get them caught in AOE damage from enemies. doesn't work.
    - fast travelling somewhere else and back. and also normal traveling somewhere else and back. no change.
    - Going into the Raven mode, marking the mystery/NPC with the raven and the map. no change.
    - sneaking up to them, or letting them finish their chat before I go close enough for them to notice me. nothing happens.
    - also tried getting killed by guards and fire next to them. same as with loading a save. they spawn a few steps away, but just walk to their spot and dont let me interact.
    - there are some corpses in the water around them. always slightly different ones. I tried getting them out the water to try and detonate their bodies. Those bodies dont have the right physics though, so picking them up wasnt possible and they get stuck in their "floating pose" out of water. probably not relevant at all but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Unfortunately, this is the very last mystery left on my whole map. Its the last thing I need to get the 100% trophy. I dont have any save files from before i first interacted with them to revert to. And I dont think I can motivate myself to spend another 100+ hours to redo the whole game in the hope that it wont be broken the second time (or some other quest being broken instead,.)

What I need is some way to "reset" that NPC, so he has that speech bubble above his head again and I can talk to him to start the mystery. Is there a way to abort all active mysteries and such? Is there something I havent tried yet, that may work?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

(I play on PS4, if that wasnt clear already and is relevant)

• margar2006
    2 posts

Hi guys,
    I can't go any further because the nun doesn't attack me ... what do you suggest we do? Do you need to have precise equipment?

I miss very little for 100%.

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

@callmedatabase I have the same problem, but I'm on PC. Also I didn't interact with the quest giver at all, the game doesn't give me a prompt to talk to him. The issue still hasn't been fixed even in today's (15.12.2020) patch. 😞 @Ubi-Woofer please notify the Ubisoft support team. 😞

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

@margar2006 I have the same problem, but the issue still hasn't been fixed.

• margar2006
    2 posts

i just miss this for 100% completion

• Yothats.Dj
    1 posts

I am trying to complete the Saint of Faith Mystery in Hamtunscire, however the game is not letting me speak to the monk priest. I've tried restarting the game, restarting my xbox, meditating and performing the Season 1 Update 1 (v 1.1.0) but to no avail. How do I get the monk priest to talk to Eivor?

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

I've had the same problem since release and Ubisoft is unwilling to even put it in the known bugs sections and put it forward to the Support team, despite multiple threads on this bug.

• theVoltan
    8 posts

I ran into the same problem today. First time I came to the small island, I was able to talk to the priest - apparently he was supposed to be shouting when I approached him (because Eivor made a comment about that) but he wasn't. After that, the nun didn't attack. Every other time I tried, the priest is shouting but I can't talk to him anymore and the nun still doesn't attack.
    Playing on PS5.
    This is currently preventing me from getting the platinum trophy.

• simpson_761
    1 posts

I need this fixed please Ubisoft! My missus is 120 hours in and needs only this (Saint Faith) to be 100% complete and, but of course, she is raging about it. The bugs throughout the game she has been overlooking. But being this close to 100% and being held back has set her right off.
    She got to him and cannot talk to him to begin the world event.

• xxWolf02xx
    1 posts

My “Saint Faith” World Event is glitched, I’ve tried restarting the game and exiting and re-entering the animus but it doesn’t fix it. Is there anyway that it can be fixed?

• M_A_D_D_O_G
    3 posts

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    I have triggered the event but "Faith" just will not attack me. There must be a file or something we can delete to force the gane to restart the event.

This is literally the only thing stopping me from 100%-ing the maps.

So FRUSTRATING!

• theVoltan
    8 posts

@m_a_d_d_o_g I am in the exact same situation (playing on PS5)

• Neon-NFO
    Original poster 8 posts

The issue is STILL NOT FIXED in the newest patch, probably because Ubisoft is ignoring multiple threads about this issue. Might be the last game I bought from Ubi.

• SimpIyTheBest89
    2 posts

I can not proceed with the Saint Faith mystery quest. I speak to the father and Saint Faith does not attack after. Because she doesn't attack I can't complete the quest. I can also not re-speak to the father as well. He is highlighted blue and that's it.

• AgreenerGN
    4 posts

I am also experiencing this glitch on PS5. Please assist.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics