River Raid bugs (missing haul, photo mode, chicken attacks, and loading screens)0 Likes/10 Replies/318 Views
(observed on base model Xbox One river raids)
- After raiding a location but not collecting the haul, the map on the next raid will show the location as raidable, but the buildings are ruined and no haul is available. (going on a raid in a different region and returning fixes this; observed at Twynam Farm, River Exe)
- At locations with more than one chest, notifications for collected haul may not appear for every chest. (visual bug; observed at Western Fortifications, River Exe)
- You can open photo mode and take photos, but the photos do not appear on the map.
- Chickens may randomly attack you. (they cannot do much damage, so minor)
- The loading screen sometimes shows the longship as completely black and or with grainy shimmering on the hull. (visual bug)
Hello there @Sehentsin!
Thanks for taking the time to report these. I can let you know that chickens attacking you does happen normally throughout the game (though you do have to provoke them to do so). From my understanding, this is intended behaviour.
As for the missing haul in raids, I'm aware that these should reset over time (as you discovered by raiding another river), and allow you to collect the haul properly during another raid. I'd like to check if this is working as intended. Would you be able to provide a video that shows the location as an available raid, but that there's nothing to raid at the location? We can then pass this along for a closer look.
We would be interested in collecting videos/images of the other issues you have reported here, so we can pass these along to the development team for a closer look. Would you be able to provide the following:
- A video or image that shows a collected haul not being registered correctly
- A video or set of images that show your photos don't appear on the River Raid map after taking them.
- A video or image that shows the long ship not displaying correctly within the loading screen.
@ubi-borealis I suspected that the chicken attacks might be normal, but I am experiencing it very frequently with no clear motivation. I tried to upload the video of the longship lighting errors in this reply, but it said that I do not "have enough privileges." How can I send it (I can send a Google Drive folder link)? I am working on collecting the other videos right now (it may take about an hour). Also, for the collected haul, it did show up in the quick menu, but there was no notification and I may not be able to replicate that one as it occurred once and then never again after about four times as many raids.
@ubi-borealis I have uploaded a longship video and a chicken video. I will upload the others when/if I can and update you here.
Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10GKeOBJvTvZECLSAFUEsSltAev62qZLk?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10GKeOBJvTvZECLSAFUEsSltAev62qZLk?usp=sharing)
@ubi-borealis I uploaded the photo mode and missing raid videos (though you did not ask for the last one). For the latter, I tried to replicate this with a military location, but it did not happen. Both times this happened, I went to a civilian location, burnt down all the buildings, left without the haul, and returned on the subsequent raid. I also discovered a bug with raising and lowering the mast that may involve trees and may not be specific to river raids, but I uploaded that one as well. I also replicated my actions leading up to the missing notification bug, but I could not replicate the bug for video. Unless I see something in the patch notes, I will still notify you if I can capture it later though.
AlikiBum 1 posts
I've currently been having trouble with a River Raid Bug that doesn't equip ship customizations.
When I apply ship custom changes such as (shields etc.) they appear on my ship at the dock. However once I start a river raid and spawn in the river location the shields are set back to the default Raven Clan Shields. I was wondering if anyone had this issue or just me..
@Sehentsin - Thank you for taking the time to provide videos and updates! I'll pass these along for further investigation.
@AlikiBum - The development team are aware of this and are investigating further. Please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum for further updates.