Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• d-von2002
    10 posts

I've finished every mystery (including this one), but this one never registered as complete. When I went back to the location the body of the man I killed was there, and the two oil jars still lit up with eagle vision. I went so far as to take his body off the map in order to try and get him to respawn, to no avail. Now I've lost his body somewhere and the mission is still incomplete. I finished this 40+ hours of game play ago and don't intend on giving up all that progress. Finished multiple quests and mysteries since, and switched in between maps many times. I just need this Mystery to reset. Playing on Xbox One

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.0, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with "An Efficient Cremation," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ACfanUK
    9 posts

@d-von2002 Still waiting for a response on this myself. Come on Ubisoft!

• d-von2002
    10 posts

@ACfanUK
    Just checked it again after the newest update. Still bugged. 👎

• Jakorz89
    2 posts

I have a problem with this side quest:

I have burned the family and then I have talked to the man until he killed him but the mission does not complete it ...

I've come back days later (I've already skipped the main story even) and the man is always dead and won't let me restart / complete the mission.

Any solution?

Side quest:

• Jakorz89
    2 posts

I have a problem with this side quest:

I have burned the family and then I have talked to the man until he killed him but the mission does not complete it ...

I've come back days later (I've already skipped the main story even) and the man is always dead and won't let me restart / complete the mission.

Any solution?

Sidequest:

• lenbawson
    2 posts

I have run into an issue in the world event “an efficient cremation”. The quest does not show completion after killing the main NPC at the building. As far as I know, I have completed it correctly by using the 2 oil jars to burn the bodies in the cart.

• jecht900
    1 posts

I encountered this too and after several reloads I accidentally found a solution: I just walked away towards the road next to the oil jar outside and the NPC just started saying he can’t stand the guilt or something. That triggered the end of the event automatically for me. If you fast travel, the NPC will be dead when you return and you’ll get stuck. I suggest having a manual save even in the middle of the bug—as long as the NPC is alive, there’s a chance to end the event.

• lenbawson
    2 posts

Has anybody else encountered this issue? I went through the quest as required, throwing the oil jars onto the cart. Then once I kill the NPC, the quest does not complete.

• ACfanUK
    9 posts

@lenbawson Same problem - still waiting for forum to acknowledge the issue and put into a thread to fix.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reaching out with this. Our team is aware of this issue, and are investigating a solution. It would be incredibly beneficial to the investigation if those who are affected by this provide a video of the issue occurring, as well as a copy of their save game files, via attaching them to a newly created support case with our dedicated team. Feel free to place your case number here after this is done so we can ensure things are in the right place!

Official Response
  • zuzzzu111
    12 posts

@Niasdyn @ACfanUK @jecht900 @Parakeety21 @Pickle_Blaise

Guys any luck? Anyone could finish the game in the end?

Seems that Ubisoft still did not fix the issue and not sure if to keep going with the progress and leave this quest without doing it and in the end will be fine...

More than 150h here already.

• zuzzzu111
    12 posts

@zuzzzu111

Can any help with this bug? To pass it to dev team ?Ubi-Borealis

How are the time estimation each time once a bug is passed to dev team? Any other channels to ask for a status referring each problem?

Thank you

• zuzzzu111
    12 posts

Once I get to the mission the NPC is dead, burning is not working either. (

)

Also tried any workaround load / save / come back to the same point and nothing NPC is still dead without doing anything else.

More than 150' H already and tried on both PS4 and PS5 and cannot take platinum because it`s stuck on this bug.

Sadly if there is no other help from Ubisoft or DEV team.. what can we do?

What is the estimation each time once a bug is passed to dev team? Any other channels to ask for a status referring to each problem?

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Fractal @Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-Woofer @Ubi-Swaggins @Ubi-Raziel @Ubi-Keo @Ubi-Caliburn @Ubi-Duck

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I've merged together a few threads regarding this mystery together into a single thread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing conversations.

I can let you know that the development team are aware of this issue, and that they're currently investigating further. I've passed on the reports that have been shared already within this thread. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences of this issue.

If you have been affected by this, please can you let us know what steps you tried during and after the mystery? For instance, did you leave the area during the mystery, or fast travel away? I know there is a chest nearby in the house - did you loot this prior to completing the mystery?

Additionally, if you can provide a video that shows you've killed the NPC but the mystery is not showing as completed, please can you share these within the thread? We can then pass these along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • zuzzzu111
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for answering!

Regarding what you said let me tell you what I`ve did on both PS4 and PS5 and nothing :

• saved and reload the save...
    • went even from my actual 150h to another save few days before 130H and same the NPC dead
    • Chest has not opened still the NPC dead
    • Chest looted NPC dead
    • NPC picked up and throw over the dead family on the same hour and with both jars blown , and nothing!
    • Meditated there and outside of the area same thing
    • bring the boat and load again the game from there
    • went to next near-city and camed back and nothing same dead NPC

Please tell the DEV Team how frustrated is the people and not just the ones they started the game, but the ones who made more 150H to finish every mission for platinum and what happens? they cannot because the game is unfinished, so what should we do? a refund of the game?

This is since November and we almost in March , 4 months and the same bug not repaired..

Really this should be checked with them and to provide a status of the issue.

Very frustrating situation guys...

Regards,

M

• d-von2002
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis

My hope is they can introduce some sort of code that respawns the NPC if the mission is deemed incomplete, or that marks the mission complete if the NPC is dead??

• zuzzzu111
    12 posts

@d-von2002 @ubi-borealis

Thanks for the video, I was planning to do it last night, have you done my steps?

I even tried yesterday uninstalling the game ( keep the cloud save obviously ) and installed it back then I`ve checked the mission but NPC still dead.

I have already more than 150H done all completed but this mission is stuck and I cannot complete 100% of the game!

For other glitches that I found in the game, the last methods worked but not for this one.

This is since November and we are almost in March , 4 months, and the same bug not repaired..

Really this should be checked with them and to provide a status of the issue.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the video, @d-von2002! I've passed this on the to the development team for a closer look.

For future updates, please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum. Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • zuzzzu111
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis

This is since November and we are almost in March , 4 months, and the same bug not repaired..

Really this should be checked with them and to provide a status of the issue.ç

Do they have any update or status of this?

Could you ask them? or is there any other thing that we could try?

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics