ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VanCrio
    Original poster 3 posts

The game stopped launching after the River Raids Update on PC. After I click the icon in the launcher, nothing happens. Before that update everything was fine. I have verified the game files, support programs and video drivers. Disabling antivirus also didn't help. Any tips?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

@vancrio Hello there! Sorry to hear about this. I'd like to know if completing general troubleshooting steps for your system help get the game launching properly once more? It may also be helpful to ensure all unnecessary background applications are disabled.

Official Response
  • mimikkol
    2 posts

Hi

Same here. I have done trough verify reseted pc, closed pc but it wont start ?

• Desperados_12
    1 posts

@vancrio
    Hello,

same here, try to fix by scan, uninstall and download again, admin things and whatever. Nothing goes well.
    Please help

• Arkelol
    3 posts

I have the same issue. Some hours ago I played the update. Closed the computer and now I can't play again, not even other Ubisoft Connect games (Watch Dogs Legion). They both fail to launch, with a popup stuck on loading.

I tried to reinstall the ubisoft connect, delete the cache folder, rename the savegame folder, check game integrity and running as administrator with no luck. There has been no changes since I played last time...

Since it's stuck on loading on the Ubisoft Connect I guess it might be a Ubisoft server issue...

• MaddocEric
    20 posts

Same for me.
    It 's a bas issue.
    This morning, AC with the river raids was OK.
    Now the file "acValhalla.exe" is STUCK.
    I don't think that the file is the problem.

• London1666
    4 posts

Worked all the time for months 200h in game but today I cannot launch as others here. Followed troubleshooting and that did not help.

• Buta.AT
    2 posts

Same here, exact same issue (saves are syncing well, crash happens just before the splash screen)
    Did a full file check, rebooted the PC 2 times, drivers are up to date.
    An example of log file for the game starter:
    [ 7968] 2021-02-18 19:20:52     [20376]     ERROR     GameProcessWatcher.cpp (206)                    Child process abnormal exit: 20292

• Hatebornn
    2 posts

I have same problem as guys here...I wanted to play WD:Legion, I cant because its stuck on startup. I apllied river raids to play AC:Valhalla - I cant because it dont start. What a beautifoul day, today...:) So, it seems this trouble is global, not just mine computer...:(

• MaddocEric
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Arkelol
    3 posts

@buta__13 I have the same GameProcessWatcher.cpp error on the game_starter_log.txt

• HejtTrain
    1 posts

Same here. When I try to run the game it crashes right before the splash screen. I've updated graphic drivers, disabled and then enabled cloud synchronization, verified files and even reinstalled the game. Nope, nothing works. Honestly, that's ridiculous, yesterday the game worked fine...

• Buta.AT
    2 posts

For people who have an antivirus (Norton, Bitdefender, etc...), try to disable it and launch the game.

• Arkelol
    3 posts

Just made it work by closing everything I had on the app tray (next to the clock), disabling Avast antivirus, spybot search and destroy and closing a lot of apps on the ctrl+alt+supr page.

As a work around is okay, but please, fix this.

• MaddocEric
    20 posts

@buta__13 It's the correct answer for me.
    THK.
    But it's a new trouble.

• MaddocEric
    20 posts

@maddoceric Tha antivirus is avast
    i stopped the agents and the game started ....

• MaddocEric
    20 posts

@ubi-wan antivirus 'avast' was the trouble, but avast is on my PC since 10 years and not 1 day.

• London1666
    4 posts

I you are using Avast just add it to exceptions (the exe file) you do not have to disable it completely. The game starts now.

• MaddocEric
    20 posts

@london1666 well functionning with acValhalla.exe in 'avast exception'
    thx.

• Laykov
    2 posts

Yes, guys, too, played today and decided to go to dinner. I come and the game does not start, what should I do? I'm from Russia

Suggested Topics