Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Spasmadorf
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello, I've been gleefully exploring the Rivers Exe and Severn since the new 1.1.2 update came out, but I've discovered some bugs. 1. Map clues disappear if you raid a location containing one and do not discover it the first time you raid that location. I've looked up the locations online and returned to them on subsequent raids and find the location is devastated and the clue is no longer available because the church building is either totally changed to rubble or impossible to enter (the normal barred doors aren't even barred and cannot be broken through). 2. While trying to raid other locations, at building basement in Caersws was so badly bugged that I fell through the stairway leading back out of it and was trapped, forcing me to end the raid and lose all progress by loading a previous save. No auto-travel functionality in the world map while raiding is/was available.

My main concern is the map clues since they control getting to the other river locations. Please fix or provide a workaround.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• jetblackfighter
    34 posts

@spasmadorf try to go on a river raid mission (from ravenstgorpe), then immediately return to ravensthorpe 3 times. Three resets (new river raid initiation) should revert any pillaged location.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello there @Spasmadorf! Welcome to the forums 🙂

As @jetblackfighter mentions, the raid locations should respawn after a couple of raid cycles (I believe it's after three more raids), so you should be able to visit these locations again on a future raid and to collect the clue successfully. Would you be able to try this to see if you're able to collect the clue successfully?

If possible, could you send us a video of the issue you're encountering in the Caersws stairway? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Spasmadorf
    Original poster 4 posts

Yeah, I managed to do as prescribed and got both clues. Thanks for the tip! Curious whether you can initiate any river raid or if the refresh only happens once you initiate three raids on the same river. Is it river specific or can you mix and match to get all rivers to refresh?

• Spasmadorf
    Original poster 4 posts

As for the Caersws stairway bug, I couldn't do a video, but I did take some shots with my phone. However, the file size is too big for this platform. Just take my word for it; I fell through the stairs upon exiting and couldn't get back out.

• Spasmadorf
    Original poster 4 posts

It was the house in the middle of four others.

• jetblackfighter
    34 posts

@spasmadorf it shouldn't matter which river you do next. The act of starting a new river raid is what drives the cooldowns for the level of river defence and counts towards regenerating of razed locations. Personally, I went back and forth between the three locales.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

@jetblackfighter is back again with some great advice! I did much the same - cycle through the rivers and just visit locations I hadn't yet raided/could raid again. If you want to re-raid a location quickly, I believe the action of loading into the river then leaving again still counts as a raid, so you could also do that three times in a row if there's a certain spot you want to visit. It doesn't matter which river you raid in, from my experience.

@Spasmadorf - When I visited Caersws myself, I didn't have any issues on the stairs leading to the house cellar. I made sure to run up and down them to check for any falling-through-the-world spots. Has this happened again when revisiting the area?

If possible, could you upload the images to a sharing platform and share them with us via a link? It'd be great to take a closer look at these.

Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics