Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 6 Likes/9 Replies/138 Views
    InDebt08
    Original poster 9 posts

Should be an in-game achievement that once you pass 100 hours you don't have to go make dinner while you wait for the all the logos/splash screens to play. I already know who made the game. I knew after the first 10 start ups.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@indebt08

i'd rather there would have been something to toggle of the slowmo finishers thats much more annoying.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@indebt08

You could buy an Xbox and use the autoresume function. You loose your saved games now and then and all Ubisoft connect things don’t work, but it’s a small price to pay.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I don't mind the finishers per se. What I hate about them is that they twist the camera in a random direction and Eivor is not instantly responsive after them. The camera is bad enough without it getting up to shenanigans like that. It also randomly twists around when sailing or using the bird.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

the harpoon move is fast and quick, well done there, all the others are so boring slo slow and long.
    I know you have played doom eternal, but their finishers are amazing and they also vary depending from which side you killed an enemy, giving it way more variaty and there is actually a timer on doing excutions so you choose them wisely.

all in combat there is amazing, cant say that about valhalle, you know i prefer melee combat, so you can bet that DE must be truly awesome for me to even like 1st person shooter

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 that game really isn't my cuppa. My son loves it though.

• lemmie88
    235 posts

@kreutzgang Yes! The finisher camera is crazy disorienting. Especially when you know some guy is about to run you through and it spins you the opposite way. It also goes crazy when you blow the horn. My new minigame is to try and run to a chest while blowing the raid horn. Total vertigo.

My biggest issue with the finishers is how Eivor willingly reenacts the wicker man by doing it in fire. You can get well and truly BBQ-ed by those fire-blowing pig guys by the time you choke out a goliath and also take the time to scream at his corpse. Otherwise, I like them, though quicker and more variety would be very welcome. Except the choking out one. That one is long enough that I feel real bad for the guy. And also the one where you forget how to use a giant sword and bludgeon the guy with it.

But yes, I would love to skip the logo/splash screen. And better yet, go right to the load screen!

• Quor321
    232 posts

@indebt08 If it really takes 20 minutes then you need a serious upgrade. As I'm sure it is much exaggerated would you rather have a blank loading screen when you load in?

• Kormac67
    807 posts

@indebt08 PC? Piece of cake.
    Open Gamedirectory\videos in explorer
    delete folder en (or whatever your language is)
    delete ANVIL_Logo.webm PC_AMD_Ryzen.webm UbisoftLogo.webm
    enjoy clean start from now on

Suggested Topics