Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kingoshus
    Original poster 22 posts

Every time I finish a river raid, eivor spawns directly into a conversation with the baker at the settlement, when the conversation finishes all but 2 of my quests are gone and I can't really to the river raids npc to start another

This means every single time I finish a raid I need to close the game and boot it up again to get my quests to reappear

This issue has recently become much worse because I think it has stopped me from being able to hand in the clues to unlock the next river raids area, even though I definitely have both of them

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3839 posts

Hello there @kingoshus! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue. Would you be able to provide a video that shows you completing a River raid and your quests disappearing afterwards? This will help us to investigate this issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kingoshus
    Original poster 22 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, I just tried a river raid which I then immediately ended to try to get footage, and the game actually worked as intended and gave me the cutscene of handing in the st george clues to unlock the next area. This does mean the bug seemingly hasn't permanently stopped me progressing in the mode, but it was frustrating and may still happen again.

However I can assure you this is the first time in returning from about 7 raids that the baker glitch hasn't happened

So I will try more raids later and see if it happens again, but in the meantime I can send you this picture of my screen when the quests disappeared the other day

undefined

To add some more detail to the report, I would see the short scene of the ship returning to the dock at ravensthorpe, then a fade to black and a black loading screen with that little blue symbol in the bottom corner, then before the loading screen ended I would start to hear dialogue and see subtitles from the baker, and Eivor would already be in a conversation with him when the visuals reappeared. The conversation taking place is that which happens when Eivor builds the bakery for the settlement for the first time, with the baker asking if I want to fetch some supplies for him as a sidequest (the bakers plaint, one of the only 2 missions that survives this bug apparently) while talking like I had only just built the place for him.
    Due to a previous progress stopping bug with the sons of ragnar questline (which has since been resolved), I should have a lot of quests on this menu screen, quests for helping the ragnarsons, quests for reda, the beowulf quest from the season pass and the quest to go to jotunheim, and the quest to get the settlement to max level, those are all the quests that should be there from what I remember.
    When I went to talk to the river raids NPC again (sorry I forget his name) it wouldn't open the dialogue menu with him to let me start another raid (or buy anything from him etc)

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @kingoshus. I'm glad to hear that you have been able to progress further successfully. I apologise for any frustration caused by this.

If you do encounter this issue again, please don't hesitate to update us with a video so we can pass this on to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • kingoshus
    Original poster 22 posts

@ubi-borealis hello again, sure enough, it happened again, I managed to get a recording of it happening with my phone, but I'm not sure how to send it as it seems the file might be too large to post here

• kingoshus
    Original poster 22 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, I'm not sure if this will work, but I had tried to get a google drive link sorted for the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L4w7DqTMHK6UX0U4ezUO_cqNFisNUHS2/view?usp=sharing

• Ctc03
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ctc03
    2 posts

I just finished the first River Raid. When I return to the Settlement my quests are gone and I cannot interact with NPCs of the Settlement including Vagn. So I cannot start another raid, and at this point that is all I have left to do.

PS4 2.20

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing a video, @kingoshus! I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look.

@Ctc03 - I'm sorry to hear this. If possible, would you also be able to provide a video that shows you're unable to interact with any settlement NPCs, and that your quests have disappeared?

If you load an earlier save, does this issue still persist?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Jann_161
    1 posts

It's been 2 months and the problem is still there...
    Every time I come back from a raid, I cannot interact with NPCs and all my quests are gone.

PS4

• Dyablo7041
    1 posts

I to have encountered this issue every time I complete a river raid. The cutscene occurs and I’m back on the dock, however I can’t speak any any NPC and all my quests, but one, are gone. I load the game from the most recent and everything goes back to normal, but it’s pretty annoying having to do this every time.

• uplay_user889
    1 posts
    I to have encountered this issue every time I complete a river raid. The cutscene occurs and I’m back on the dock, however I can’t speak any any NPC and all my quests, but one, are gone. I load the game from the most recent and everything goes back to normal, but it’s pretty annoying having to do this every time.

This just happened to me. I had to quit to the main menu and then continue.

PS4, 1.2.0.1

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hello everyone, and thank you all for your patience during these times. The Game team is still actively looking into this issue. However, if you have not already, please send your most recent manual save to the cloud. Then let me know when you have done, in addition to providing the platform that you play on. From there, I will forward your information to be included with the investigation. Thanks so much!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics