Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

Some gameplay improvement suggestions:

1) Transmog system

2) Tattoo previews in-shop so we can see how they’d look before we spend silver on them

3) halve the time taken to activate eagle vision because having to press down on the R3 stick for a whole second continuously gets tiresome/tedious

4) A shortcut to quickly switch between two selected bows without having to go into the inventory every single time and manually switch back and forth

These are the noteworthy gameplay features that I currently feel need improvements on. I’ll update the thread if I have any additional suggestions

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MstrTarvos
    66 posts

These all sound like good ideas, and I wouldn't mind any or all of them being implemented.

As for Tattoos I would really like some armor sets that allow us to show off the tattoos that we have.

I agree that a quick switch option for the bows would be great, I don't even know how many times I have wanted or needed to switch bows and completely lost the flow of the combat having to change them the way it is now.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

5) an option to disable combat finisher animations, or at the very least, reduce their frequency

6) make leap of faith points more identifiable, such as by adding a tiny pile of hay/feathers on a high ledge/cliff to indicate that we can in fact jump from there and land safely. I believe this was present in previous ACs and it doesn’t make much sense to remove it.
    Additionally, make haystacks a lot more noticeable. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve jumped from a high ledge thinking I can see something resembling a haystack on the ground, only to fall to my death. Gets annoying

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@mstrtarvos Thanks for the feedback! I agree with your point about armour sets, those would be cool. In fact, the game needs more armour and weapons in general. I’m surprised that there aren’t any one-handed swords either

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@shyam3010 Leap of Faith points usually have birds or bird droppings. But yes it would also help if the haystacks were easier to see. In the past they would light up when you used the animus pulse.

• MstrTarvos
    66 posts

BTW the option to hide armor is already in the game, On Xbox you need to open the inventory, hover over the item you want to hide and click the right stick (on PS it's the same but R3 is what you press).

• guest-u3N2ORiF
    15 posts

7) remove the pop up ubisoft connect from the start of the game.undefined

• McPoint
    2 posts

I agree with all your points, I was going to post, I hope you don't mind me adding to yours. I'm on PC, 3 screens.

Cant walk continuously without reverting to run. Every time you interact with something or someone you revert back to running. Immersion breaking. This game along with Origins and Odyssey are beautiful and sometimes you just want to walk through a town or forest and soak it in. 1000's of hours have gone into making these environments and it is a shame to have to keep pressing Alt to walk after every interaction or find your character running into a wall or door. To be able to walk by steering your mouse instead of holding down W for hour upon hour would be nice.

If i do a leap of faith while I am walking sometimes I can not get out of the hay stack, sometimes if I click Alt I can, other times only if I go backwards.

After 4 or 5 hours, sometimes torches will not light, they do emit light but no flame.

If you have toggled walk on and you get attacked, and press ALT to run you start jogging and you have to press shift to sprint and if your attacker lands a blow or you climb over an obstacle you have to press shift again. No Rush and Dash is not the answer, that is a game mechanic made into an ability.

I do not use any Abilities on my bow that are Melee Abilities. When I am in Melee I do not expect to have to put my axe away get out my bow choose an ability and continue melee with my axe again.

Please change Alt and Shift to walk and Sprint until I press Alt or Shift. When I press Alt and I start walking and I then press Z I should continue walking.

Press C to continue into a doorway, or up a ramp, or just through a forest could be improved by a fraction more attention to detail, or improved walking.

Why are there 3 people in your boat you can't change. I have 100 Jomvikingr slots and 4 boat slots. Maybe there are plans in later DLC. I expect to have more than 1 boat at sometime, permanently.

Who is Bragi, and why can't we see him playing when he sings in the boat.

Why can't Bragi sing as we go past a raid trigger, surely he can sing until you press raid.
    Why can't we sing the previous song, so that we can sing the last song in the list by going back.
    Boat keeps disappearing back to Ravensthorpe, which is fine if your a player that runs through the game and fast travels everywhere to save time. I know you can call it, but I left it there to come back too. Immersion breaking.

Why can I not talk to Ranvi across the Alliance Map table, I have to go around the other side and then the animation plays with me across the table.

Why are treasure hoard maps loot Tattoo's
    Running challenge loot Tattoo's
    Roman Artifacts Tattoo's
    Reda's Exotic items Tattoo's
    Hunter reward Tattoo's
    Fishing reward Tattoo's
    Snake Hisser Riddle Tattoo

Why do chests have iron and leather in them when I can collect iron and leather. Early game this is helpful, after 80 - 100 power level it should change to something more interesting (eg: customise your gear by reverting the look of it back to any of the earlier skins that you preferred to the bling skin it has now). NB: I am lvl 420 now and chests are something that is disappointing you get after taking out forts, bandits, villages.

Why are runes not sorted in the inventory to make them easier to use and sell. Filter? eg: by colour, by use. by value.

Why would you buy tattoo's for Eivor when you can't see them in the shop menu.

Why Can't I sell Weapons and Armour.

You cant steer the boat around bends in rivers when rowing after pressing Z and have to keep unselecting Z and reselecting to navigate.

Boat keeps launching into the air (10 feet) off the top of waves unrealistically, same with small boats.

Why did I have to stumble on the controls to move cairn stones backwards and forwards. Which contradict the instructions on the screen. Ctrl and Shift move forward and backwards, and right click to rotate around cairn.

Wolves, bears and boars stand next to you while fighting you until they die. Sometimes another bear spawning inside the first one while you are fighting it.

DONE: Fish appear in water, and after you catch one they are all (20) gone. In some places it appears that fish are in a designating spot, to catch, and they swim up and down the coast eg: the flat fish in Lincoln Estuary. I have seen 2 big Bream in Focastan beside the jetty in a school of 15 fish and after catching one they are all gone. I have marked them with Senua in some instances and they have despawned.

When running the game across 3 screens the left and right screens only display the sky on 25% of the screen and then there are cards or sprites of sky for the remaining 75% of each screen, this started after the first patch.

DONE:The game crashes unless you space bar through the cut scenes, after the 2nd patch.
    DONE:The game freezes and crashes if you tab out from menu screen.
    DONE: it would be nice if the boat had some inertia when you stop rowing, maybe there could be an inertia setting like the walk speed setting.
    DONE: while swimming in a stream in Winchester. Also a small amount of drift down river like in Vinland but 1/10th as much.

Who took over from Soma and Hunwald and Hjorr, and why have I not restated an alliance with them.

Why don't important choices make any difference, like who is the traitor.

Why when Halfdan asks you if Ivar died a warriors death and then tells you that you are always welcome at his hall, does he then walk back, why don't you ask him to accompany you on your boat as an option. I walked back with him before riding back to my boat, He is a friend and a King.

There are a church door and door frames floating in the air above the sea on the East coast just out of visual range off the shore of Flamburg Priory.

Dags empty boat seat, and sigurds, why, and if fishing from here why does singing not play. would be nice to fish to music, could even have some related songs, & great tales of fishing.

Why does the fishing line show you a casting spot that you can't cast too because of distance, and then pull the line back to recast.

I would find it cool if I could fish from my horse while my horse is in the water.

Why are King Ceolwulf"s men in their boats at Repton after the fight, they should have despawned or be walking around Repton if you go there. It would be nice to see them going somewhere as you sailed around and your crew calling out greetings and jibes to each other.

Priests and Monks on donkey's Age of Empires Easter Egg.

Please track distance traveled by boat for Rivers and by Sea.

• Dead213End
    8 posts

Why isn't Tove's face tattoo in-game?

https://gamertweak.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/assassins-creed-valhalla-cannot-interact-with-tove-bug.jpg

• MstrTarvos
    66 posts

@shyam3010

I know what you mean about the swords. I was amazed to find that there were no One Handed swords in the game given their historical relevance. And let's face it , it's not like they don't know how to do them (see every other AC game).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics