Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• crashxuae
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello Ubisoft staff, 

I am a poor fellow soldier of the Assassin’s Creed. I am writing you today, after countless hours of playing through most of the Assassin’s Creed games. Some for the second time, some for the (god knows) how many times. After completing the games, I hopped on online forums to get an idea of how people view this “evolution” of Assassin’s Creed games since 2007 up until 2021. 

As a fan who’s been invested in the story you are telling with the Assassin’s Creed franchise as a whole, I can’t help but say how I long for a classical Assassin’s Creed experience. A game were the focus is actually on an Assassin and how he contributes to the Creed instead of some personal motives that have no ties to the Creed in any way, nor does it build any bond between the protagonist and the Creed (I am looking at Odyssey and Valhalla). Don’t get me wrong, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is so far one of the most compelling open world action rpg games I have ever played. However, when I get a game titled Assassin’s Creed my initial thoughts are always the same as when you guys announced AC II or AC III or Black Flag. 

That excitement of getting to explore the Assassin’s lore through a Master Assassin’s eyes or to-be master was sensational. Unfortunately, with the latest installments I feel like the development is straying away from what made fans like myself invest +10 years of their lives following this action packed story of Assassin’s vs. Templars (Hidden Ones vs. Order of Ancients), and sometimes even personify it in real life in conventions and stuff like that. The last 3 games of the franchise are unique in their own way, but they give a feeling so far away from what Assassin’s Creed originally made me feel. 

As a teenager growing up I looked up to characters like Altair and Ezio Auditore. They are revolutionary figures in my eyes, they taught me so much that I am much older today feeling the pride of an Assassin as if I was born into this Creed and I don’t want to witness its demise. They taught me how to turn the tables on bullies, how to stand up for my own, and what qualities a real man should possess in order to get by in life as a remarkable person. I reached places I never thought I could reach thanks to those characters that you have created, and I am sure you did not expect them to turn out to be legendary characters in their own rights.

I hope to see you guys work on an Assassin’s Creed game that has the same focus as the older installments. A lot of people criticized Unity when it first came out, and I was one of them, but even with criticism I enjoyed it so much because at the time, Unity had perfected the formula of the older Assassin’s Creed game mechanics.

Despite the flaws, I was waiting for the next installment that would capitalize on the beautiful formula that was almost perfected in Unity, but I was surprised to see it all dropped for the sake of a new direction. Not going to lie, it was appealing to me. The idea of exploring ancient Egypt when it was first announced, and the Viking experience, both got me excited (you definitely get an A for the way you sell your games).

However, the more I played them, the more I felt unattached to the experience and the story. I don’t want to be just another ruthless viking, or some sort of Greek mythical character, or an Egyptian Mejay. It’s not fair that I play the game as an outsider to the Creed, and it’s not fair that I played Valhalla wishing I was seeing things through Bassim’s eyes.

I hope to see you work on a real Assassin’s Creed title in the future. A title that turns fans like myself into kids once again, and get us immersed in a refined experience.

Thank you so much for the wonderful ride and I hope to see more fascinating Assassin’s Creed games influenced by the OG ones in the future. 

Sincerely,
    Poor fellow soldier of the Creed

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics