Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@ubi-woofer are you seriously saying using the terms "birds and the bees" and "hanky-panky" are against the forum rules? In that case I'm done here, as it's already strenuous to avoid inoffensive words on a forum about a game for adults containing content that actually involves said "offensive" things, graphic violence and frequently overuse of "rude" words. While I can deal with having words censored or trying to use baby language, so people know what's meant, that's taking it to absurd levels, especially considering this forum has quite a few posts that are actually offensive and have nothing to do with the game or content included in it.

• Kormac67
    653 posts
    refrain from straying into anything too perverse

@Ubi-Woofer You mean we shouldn't talk about ingame content where someone gets the lungs pulled out of his body while alive?
    Or are you referring to nudity?

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@ubi-woofer Pffff what a reaction for 18+ games, even [censored] must be dung!
    Forget the tattoos and dress Eivor with a BURKA!
    I'm leaving Valhalla and will have some classic fun with the Witcher!
    UBIsoft, hypocrite old chicks!

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@gloomseeker I agree with most of what you say, but a Viking (m/f) running around and fighting in the nude doesn't seem very immersive to me. The Daughters of Lerion are mythical characters, so that is different.

The main point is that Ubisoft gave us all these tattoos without offering a proper way to show them off (except the face tattoos of course). Hiding armor parts is clearly not enough to fix this.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@hroozenbeek I didn't find it very realistic to have my male Eivor prancing around in his undies either, especially in the snow, but I did it anyway. 😄

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Isnt it discrimnation though the fact the male eivor gets to run around topless but female eivor doesnt have this option.

Why is it always okay to have males show their muscular torso's yet female torso's are always covered?
    Why is it okay for men to be physical trained when roles demand this (movies), yet whenever women play a role in which realistically they should be more muscular they are always extremely skinny.

I find this very annoying. I get that women need need to be depicted more and movies and what not, but why cant they never do this in realistic way.

pfft, anyway sofar my rant.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@hroozenbeek Ubisoft already threw out any immersion when I had to interact with an American baseball player with mjölnir strapped at my side and a shield that creates a ring of fire around me slung over my shoulder. They then made me go on river raids with a pack of bumbling, inept and worthless Saurons. Not too mention their depiction of England, the Saxons and the Picts. Immersion has gone right out the window. So I say they can do away with the undies too. I want my Eivor to run out on the battlefield with nothing but his hammer, axe and a smile.

“Legend says his name was Eivor. But he was better known as ‘the naked warrior’. Conquered all of England in the nude, he did.”

If they want to give up on everything that made AC what it was, they may as well go all in.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@whocares78 facetiousness aside. The double standard when it comes to nudity and violence is incredibly silly. I know there would be some people offended at the site of naked pixels, but I assume that would be the function of the nudity on/off option in the menu. Because right now it seems really pointless to include.

• WhoCares78
    112 posts

@gloomseeker Yeah it does, as does the x-ray confirm kills. And I’m guessing the option is for the brothel scene and the witch. But both of those were so brief it seems pointless to even bother with an option to hide them.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@whocares78 Oh yes, the baseball player was too much. I'm not going to defend every weird thing Ubisoft has included in this game. 😉

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics