Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 142 posts

According to this subforum's description this is also the place to ask "gameplay questions", so here it goes:

So, I bought the game in january as I unfortunately didn't have the money yet to buy the game. I only recently (last week) found a job and had a lot of debt, so couldn't even buy new clothes, let alone a 60 euros video game. Anyhow, I got the game and enjoy it a lot, but apparently there has been a Yule Festival event which was timed only. Due to not having the money to buy it I apparently missed that event.

Will the event ever return? And if so, will I have to wait a full year to play it? I played Odyssey for hundreds of hours and done every single thing in the game, including all Lost Tales of Greece, and none were time limited. I'm actually very sad I missed it, I love to do everything and this really bums me out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @Kennyannydenny!

I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla! At this moment in time, we're unable to confirm if the Yule Festival will return again next year. I would recommend keeping an eye out on the official website and within our News & Announcements forum for future news about upcoming events in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny

@ubi-borealis I'll just keep my fingers crossed then. I'm *not* a fan of timed content at all 😞 It was already bad enough with the debts and having all the worries related to money problems, now I feel like i'm being punished by AC Valhalla just because that happened. If it was a year later or something ok, but I missed it by a month 😕

Do I have to do the Rivers Raids quickly too before they disappear? How will I know which contents disappears after a while again and which doesn't? I couldn't find any info about it regarding the River Raids, nowhere stated they were timed, but not that they aren't timed either.

Can't you at least make the event like the Lost Tales of Greece, available after a certain point in the storyline throughout the year instead of timed? I was already horrified on the idea of having to wait a full year to do the Yule Festival, I would be not happy if it will be an even longer wait.

I've been with the series since AC1, own all AC games, played hundreds and hundreds of hours, bought A LOT of dlc's for the games, basically this feels like a kick in the nuts as a thank you.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on timed content, @Kennyannydenny. I'm sorry that you were unable to take part in the Yule festival this time. At this moment in time, we're unable to confirm if the Yule festival will return this winter. I'd recommend keeping an eye out on our official platforms for further news about any upcoming events.

The River Raids are not time-limited content, so don't worry about missing out on these! During the Yule Festival, players were notified in-game of the time-limitation, and were able to track this within their quest log. There was also frequent notifications reminding players when the event was coming to an end upon logging into the game. If any more time-limited events are introduced to the game, these will be clearly labelled as such upon the event launch.

Additionally, if any of the time-limited content is to be made available to players via another means (such as through the Helix credit store or Ubisoft rewards scheme), this news will also be shared on our official platforms.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny

@ubi-borealis Thank you for taking the time to explain this! I was really worried the River Raids might be time limited too so I tried rushing a bit through the story to level (something I'd rather avoid), glad I can take my time before tackling the River Raids. This does put my mind at ease.

Well, I'll just keep hoping and crossing my fingers for a return of the content. Even if the Yule Festival never returns I'll be very glad if it was at least considered. Maybe the devs can weigh in the current global situation (and people losing jobs, thus not having the money earlier etc) when making a decision about the Yule Festival. But anyhow, thank you again, i'll keep checking the forums and other official channels for any news. Cheers!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics