Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SleepyKee
    Original poster 3 posts

Platform: Xbox One

I was in the middle of raiding the Northern Monastery on the River Severn but could not loot 2 Foreign Supplies chests at the location due to reaching my ships cargo limit. (*There were also 2 locked chests that I was unable to loot at the time.) I went back to Ravensthorpe to drop off the Foreign Supplies and immediately did a manual save. Upon returning to the River Severn, the Northern Monastery still had (and has) the red Raid icon but I am unable able to initiate the raid. Neither the actual yellow raid "target" nor the prompt to press "Y" are present. Even if I exit the ship and enter the location without initiating the raid, the 2 Foreign Supplies chests and the 2 locked chest are not present (there are also no respawned enemies). The issue still persists after several attempts at returning to Ravensthorpe and then going back to the River Severn.
    I am unable to attached my screen captures; I keep getting the error "Something went wrong while parsing server response".

*I believe there may be a separate issue with River Raid Keys. Either...
    1. Not spawning (if the keys are intended to be at the exact same location as the locked chest).
    2. Being "lost" from the inventory when going to Ravensthorpe to drop off supplies and then returning to complete the raid (that is, if the keys can be found at locations on the map different from the specific location of the locked chests).

The potential keys/locked chests bug locations include:
    River Exe
    - Village of Simonsbath
    - Village of Dumonia
    - Small Camp (West of Village of Simonsbath)
    River Severn
    - Northern Monastery
    - Lewin Homestead
    River Dee - Not Attempted Yet

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SleepyKee
    Original poster 3 posts

Here are the screen captures for the Northern Monastery on the River Severn.

undefined

undefined

• jetblackfighter
    34 posts

@sleepykee
    Pillaged locations are rebuilt after three new river raids. Starting the raid mission at any river and subsequently returning to Ravensthorpe counts as one, regardless of if you actually raided any locations on the river. It can be any of the rivers.

• SleepyKee
    Original poster 3 posts

Not "FIXED" but resolved...
    After completing the raids on River Dee (3 separate raid runs), River Severn did reset and I was able to complete the raid on the Northern Monastery (and clear the red "Raid" icon).

Regarding the River Raid Keys, the keys are now remaining in my inventory regardless of which river they were collected on (I had 3 spare keys after completely clearing River Dee). Oddly, the locked chests are not in the locations that they were when I was unable to loot them (maybe due to the river resetting). In fact, so far I have only encountered one locked chest and it was in a location I had already cleared on my first pass through of River Severn. In general, it appears previously looted small chests do not respawn when a river resets, and that previously unlooted small chests may respawn in a new location.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts

Hello there @SleepyKee!

@jetblackfighter is correct. If you start a raid but don't loot all of the chests, it will still be shown as ruins upon returning there during a following raid. After three additional raids, the area will reset and you'll be able to raid the area again!

Regarding the river raid keys, I've noticed that the keys don't seem to be locked to a certain area. I'm able to pick up a key from one river and use it in another. I've also noticed that at the end of a raid, it'll make a note of how many keys you've found during the raid. This makes me think that this may be as intended, with the keys acting as another form of "loot" that can be collected to open other chests in future raids. As chests tend to appear in random locations between raids, this may be why keys don't have "strict" spawn points. I've definitely been to some areas with locked chests and I've been unable to find a key anywhere.

I've reached out to the development team to see if this is working as intended, or if any location with a locked chest should have a key spawn nearby. Thanks for reporting this! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts

Hello again @SleepyKee!

I'd like to reach out to you with an update. The development team has reached out to me regarding River Raid chest keys, and have informed me that this is working as intended. Sometimes, a key won't spawn near a locked chest. This is because the player is able to find keys in other areas on the raid, and keep them for later if wanted. It acts as another forum of river raid loot, so to speak.

I hope this has answered your questions! If you require any further support, please don't hesitate to reach out 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics