Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• stallattack
    33 posts

@msiloveme2 same issue.. I don't know when it happened but my wolf is gone also the fox(dandelion)

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@peacekeepersun Thank you for reporting this to us.

When you completed the quest for this, did you get the Man's Best Friend ability? If so, do you still have that unlocked in your Abilities?

Official Response
  • m1au
    48 posts

Both of them are nowhere to be seen in my settlement the last few days.
    Did both quests and still have the ability unlocked

• Ubi-Baron

@m1au Thanks for letting us know.

Do you remember around when this occurred, so for instance after a specific quest or Saga?

Official Response
  • m1au
    48 posts

@ubi-baron
    I guess my wolf disappeared after doing the world event which rewards you the fox, Dandelion but I can't give you more detailled information. Haven't seen the fox for 3 days now, finished asgard and jotunheim story arc but I don't think that this is related to pets in the settlement

• Elyar85
    4 posts

@ubi-baron I'm pretty sure it was directly after the 1.0.4 update. I had both (wolf & fox) and already completed the game. They just disappeared.

• Ubi-Baron

@elyar85 @m1au Thank you for the extra details!

I've passed this issue on to the AC team to be looked into.

Official Response
  • Grand_310
    26 posts

I finished Pet fox (its name Dandelion Puff) Oxfordshire Mystery World Quest and its join my settlement, i only saw it once roaming in my settlement near bakery and now i cant find Dandelion Puff anywhere. is there an particular area that Dandelion Puff roaming? or there is a bug that cause Dandelion Puff gone from my settlement?

• JHandibode
    17 posts

Did anyone else lose their wolf friend from encampment after you completed game? I know he was traveling in camp but stayed by main hall. But now my Dwolf is gone. Ubisoft did you take wolf from camp after beating main story? Pets should be permanent in my opinion.

• Belcechus
    36 posts

@jhandibode I have the same bug!

• KikiTehKitty
    2 posts

Yes also happened after main story line completion for me. I found him in the Cattle Farm pen which seems to suck in all sorts of animals. Donkeys, pet-able doges, and poor Dwolfg as I named him.
    He then gets out behind the animal pen and wanders West of Ravensthorpe. To me this seems to be bugged behavior. He hangs around where my player marker is in the screencap below.

undefined

A similar thing also happened to me with Dandelion Puff. This four legged friend seems to just have a normal fox AI once back at camp and will just run from you if you approach, eventually running from Ravensthorpe entirely and becoming indistinguishable from other foxes. Again West of Ravensthorpe in roughly the same area, Also bugged behavior I feel.

• gentester
    64 posts

Since the update my pet wolf will no longer come into the settlement at all. He hangs out on the hillside above Hunwold and Swanburrows House and howls mournfully. He used to be in my bedroom and in the longhouse or just outside. I think his location marker must have been moved by accident either when that house was built or with the update. Fairly sure I have seen mention that the fox pet is doing the same. Please fix this I don't want my pets living out in the wild miles away, not much point in having them if they are going to do that.

• JHandibode
    17 posts

Wolf companion disappeared from my encampment after beat game. Restarted saves 3 times keeps leaving never coming back. Even pet fox leaves wth? I keep losing stuff i gain by quest. I am not doing over 4th time. Its pain doing order quests over and over to get full thor armor for thors hammer. 30 hours gone now 15 hours. Why wolf keep leaving???.

• JHandibode
    17 posts

Why does my wolf from best friend quest disappear every time beat game. No where to be found. This is third time i started over game wth???? Qhy bugs erases gain pets or quests? Why? Fix i want my wolf back in my town. Not redoing again. Too much work. Do patch for wolf companion in your town. Fix so doesn't leave.

• ImaginaryRuins
    382 posts

Same here; early to mid-game the wolf and the fox were still present, but now that I am post-game they are both gone.

Playing on Xbox One, patched 1.0.4.

• m1au
    48 posts

As mentioned there (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/86530/about-pets-in-settlement) and a few other posts here in the forums, the fox sometimes disappears from the settlement.
    Now strolling through Lunden, I found something very interesting - everytime I stay there for a minute or something, a fox appears near me, coming close to me and than running away a few metres just to come back. Didn't notice that behaviour at wild foxes and that little fox is not marked as leather by Synin thats what made me think my pet fox Dandelion (which is gone from the settlement) has strangely decided to chill out at Lunden! Can't really explain why this is happening and if this is indeed the pet fox but its kinda weird, why would wild fox spawn in the middle of a town, everytime very close to me?!
    (second picture is to show that she/he is not marked as "leather" by your raven Synin)

undefined
    undefined

• Ubi-Baron

@m1au Thank you for reporting this to us, that's certainly strange.

Does it appear only in Lunden? If you go to a different town city, do they appear there or is it only in Lunden?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Baron

@Elyar85 @m1au @PeacekeeperSun Greetings!

So to help us look into this, would you be able to provide us with a copy of your Save file to help the team look into this?

You can locate the Save via the details in the Support Article here, and can be uploaded as a Zip file through the Support Site here.

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    382 posts

Playing on Xbox One and patched 1.0.4

Both the wolf and fox also disappeared from my settlement in the last few days. I was pretty sure the patch arrived before I even started any alliance-pledging main quest, and both animals were present. However by late game and now post game, both are gone.

• m1au
    48 posts

@ubi-baron

already tried Norwic, Eoforwic, Wincaester and Glowcaester (and settlement ofc); no fox spawning there.
    But everytime I go near the Temple of Mithras in the southeast of Lunden (you can see the trader at my first screenshot) there's this little fox waiting for me. If you play the game by yourself you'll probably know why I'm near that area almost every day for a little while 😁

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics