Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Magpye
    6 posts

@peacekeepersun After patch 1.2.2. Which was supposed to fix the missing pet problem, I can confirm that Dawolfga and Dandy are still missing from my settlement. I am running Assassins creed Valhalla on Xbox Series X. My Gametag is Geordie Jedi and I do have a recent cloud game save.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello there,

@SkywardSoul & @bitebug2003 - Thanks for updating us and for letting us know where you've been able to find your wolf! I'll pass this location along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

@Magpye - Thanks for sharing your report with us, and for letting us know that you've uploaded your recent save file to the cloud. I've shared your report with the development team as part of the reopened investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    107 posts

@ubi-borealis Mouse is still roaming just outside Ravensthorpe on the latest Patch 4.00 (PS4)

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@Magpye

Yeah, same here...still missing Dandy Puff and Chewy. I'm on Xbox One.

• J1m1n1
    11 posts

I saw Dandy just before my game updated to TU 1.3.0. Now she’s gone. My wolf is still around, though.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

I think I also saw Dandy the fox near the pier once I launched the game upon patch 1.3.0. After that she only very very occasionally is found.

And my wolf Dwolfg is still nowhere to be found - definitely not in the longhouse.

Xbox One.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @bitebug2003, @GhostAgent14, @J1m1n1 & @ImaginaryRuins,

The development team are still investigating why your furry settlement members have disappeared, which is why a fix for this issue was not included in TU 1.3.0. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused by this.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the development team regarding this investigation. As soon as we have any new information to share, we will let you know within this Megathread, as well as within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you for your understanding as the team continues to investigate why our canine friends have decided to disappear 🦊 🐺

Official Response
  • GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thank you very much for the update on this!! I'm so glad that the devs are looking into it. I literally hope to see Dandelion Puff at the settlement every time I go there. He's just that cute!! 😁

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @GhostAgent14,

Thank you for the update!

I can totally agree, he's super cute! 🦊

From our side, as soon as we have an update on this, we are going to let everyone know through this thread and the patch notes.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • gentester
    65 posts

@ubi-mark
    Can confirm that with the most recent update Mouse is where he has been since December 2020.
    . i.e. in the woods on the hillside above Swanburrow's house as shown on the maps that 2 posters have provided so far (to my knowledge).
    No idea where my fox is as haven't seen him at all.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing Mouse's location with us, @gentester! I'm sorry that you haven't been able to locate Dandy at all. Rest assured that the development team is taking a closer look at why our furry friends have decided to make their home outside of the settlement.

Once we have any updates to share with you all from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we're able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ashelsu
    42 posts

@ubi-borealis Dandelion the fox disappeared from my settlement after Yule festival. Then after 1.2.0 update she returned but after 1.3.0 both the fox and the wolf are missing. I checked everywhere to no avail. It seems that festivals have something to do with it.

• soulsurviva007
    46 posts

To anyone that doesn't know, you can actually do a short whistle a few times near your wolf in the settlement and he should start to slowly follow you around so you can lead him back to where ever you want him. He is usually chilling behind swanburrows house, up the rock slope. Hope this helps

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 552 posts

@Ashelsu I'm sorry to hear that now your fox and your wolf are missing! I appreciate you pointing out that this seems to only happen around the festivals, however. That's very good to note! Have you checked behind the swanburrows or used the short whistle workaround as suggested by @soulsurviva007 ?

@soulsurviva007 Thank you as well for pointing out this workaround, and where you've found your wolf!

Official Response
  • Ashelsu
    42 posts

@ubistorm My wolf is not in the settlement.

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@soulsurviva007
    I tried the whistle workaround with Chewy, but it doesn't work. He just hangs around that one area that has been mentioned. And I continue to not see Dandelion Puff anywhere at all.

I have to admit that I'm a little frustrated with this at this point, as I don't understand why this can't be fixed. I mean, something in the coding is keeping Chewy at his current location and not allowing Dandy to be around. I always see that one dog near Reda. Can't see substitute him for Dandy? Lol.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Ashelsu & @GhostAgent14!

I'm sorry to hear that your furry friends are missing, or are hesitant to roam the inner parts of the settlement. Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us, and for letting us know that you've tried @soulsurviva007's whistle workaround.

I'd like to assure you that the development team have been notified about their disappearances, and are currently investigating further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation, including any news of a fix. As soon as we have any new information available to share about Dandy and Chewie/Mouse/Dwolfg's disappearance, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • firefox-GER-
    17 posts

For me only the fox is stucking there in the woods behind the settlement. It helped for me to stand in front of him with him between me and the settlement and shot some arrows direct in front of him. Do it until he reaches the settlement and he seems to be normal again but from time to time he got stuck there again. But you have to safe before you do it sometimes if you're not patient enough he will run to the other side and disappear when he got to far away from your settlement. So try to stand in his way if he do this. For me it helped. Luckily the Wolf seems to not to get stuck for me because he doesn't react when you shoot arrows at him.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing how you were able to encourage Dandy to return to your settlement, @firefox-GER 🦊 We'd recommend being careful if you choose to fire arrows at Dandy, though! Dandy won't be harmed by a stray arrow, but I imagine it's not very pleasant for them to be shot at by their friend 😞

Official Response
  • firefox-GER-
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis 😄 no problem. First I thought I can't do that but I wanted him back in the settlement. So if I do this I do this out of character if you want. Until now it helped me everytime to get him "free" funny thing is he seems not to running away when he got stuck behind the settlement in the woods. Normally he is running away and making these noises but not when he is in the woods.

Suggested Topics