Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-DppEkNXO
    11 posts

Ubisoft policy as long as it sells, no need for bug fixes.

• guest-DppEkNXO
    11 posts
    I hunted the threads a bit for this bug a couple of days ago.
    Found a load of posts regarding pets missing, the first I could find was from the 16th Nov regarding the Fox being missing. 9 - 10 weeks ago.
    Fox and wolf missing seem to be related as as far as anyone one of us laypeople can tell they both end up to the west of the settlement, on the hillside above Swanburrows house and towards the river from there.
    Forum mods have responded on various threads about it so its known, there have been save games, maps and photos sent so they have sufficient info from players.

And yet its still not on the list of what the developers are working on.
    Might not seem important in the scheme of things maybe and I completely understand that bugs which break the game for people need to be resolved first.
    However, if you have a known issue, reported umpteen times by different people with proofs sent, the very least you could do is get it on a list at the top of the forum, so that the rest of us lesser mortals can see its known and being worked on (applies to all bugs not just this one) instead of having to check back endlessly rereading old posts and hunting the forums and bumping old threads to make sure the issue doesn't get forgotten about.

Yep, there are also a couple game breaking bugs that are not on their list even though there are a dozen threads about them

• gentester
    64 posts

@guest-dppeknxo

Still nothing on any of the known issue/things we are working on threads. This is now from 16th Nov when a post first reported the Fox being missing so over 3 months and apparently the issue doesn't exist in Ubisofts's worldview.
    Nice
    Explains a lot really,
    I only pop back in every now and again now to check if the pig of prophecy has been fixed and if my pets have reappeared - honestly not sure why I even bother.

• gentester
    64 posts

3 months and counting........

• Font81
    19 posts

PS4

The fox is also gone from my settlement. It did appear several times after saved, she was near the longhouse side door (in front of Tove Hut). Everytime after Eivor arrive at Ravensthorpe and approaching the longhouse she would come running towards him and he said someting like "dandy so nice to see you" and she always run away into the woods by the lake.

but I don´t know when she disappeared, never saw her again for more than a month.

The dog never disappeared though.

• HIDDEN1NE
    65 posts

Playing on Xbox Series X and I too can confirm Dandy disappears after you have the line “I’m happy you’re here” at the settlement. Any fast travel or save loading removes Dandy from where I first saw her near the tattoos and stables, did this multiple times when redoing the mystery. I’m at settlement level 4 and Dwolfg still is in my room and hasn’t seemed to have glitches like Dandy, but that could be tied to a higher settlement level it seems. Either way, the fox pet is forsure glitched on it’s own after the first encounter with it at the settlement, once Eivor registers her, any visits to Ravensthorpe after this initial reaction seem to make the fox disappear altogether.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together a few threads that regarding missing pets in the Settlement (notably Dandelion the fox 🦊 and Chewie/Dwolfg/Mouse the wolf 🐺 ). I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this. By creating a single thread, it allows us to keep all information and updates regarding the investigation in one place. In future, if you have been affected by missing pets, please post in this thread. Thanks!

I can let you all know that the development team are aware of this issue, and they're currently investigating further. At this moment in time, we have no further information to share from the investigation, including an ETA for a fix. Please be assured that once we have any updates to share, they will be posted within our News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • NeOVoltron
    104 posts

@peacekeepersun I also experience this issue in my game. I always see Chewy in the longhouse but Dandy is nowhere to be found. I've looked everywhere, multiple times over multiple days. 😂 I know it's sad to care this much but...I do. LOL...

• xrayspex_73
    140 posts

I have the wolf at the settlement, I have never seen the fox at the settlement and I did complete the quest for the fox. I have looked all over... I just kinda forgot that the fox was supposed to go back to the settlement.

• azullFR
    671 posts

I saw Dandelion the fox only once, just after finishing the mystery, 2 mounths ago....
    Now the wolf is starting to walk outside of the longhouse, near the big tree...
    it's cool for him but I'm afraid to never see him later....

PS4 pro (fully up-to-date)

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to share your reports regarding the missing pets within this thread. The development team are still investigating the disappearances of Dandelion and Chewie/Dwolfg/Mouse from the settlement.

We have no new updates from the investigation to share with you all at the moment. Please be assured that once we have any more information to share, it will be posted within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

We hope that your animal settlers can be returned to you soon! 🐺🦊

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • basel19751224
    45 posts

yep i missing my fox to on ps4 😞

• Ubi-Borealis

I'm sorry to hear you're missing Dandelion, @basel19751224. Is your wolf still taking up residence in your longhouse?

The development team are still looking into the disappearance of your animal settlers. Once we have any new updates to share from the investigation, please be assured we will share this information within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks all! 🙂

Official Response
  • basel19751224
    45 posts

Yes my wolf is still there 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming that for me, @basel1975122. We've been letting the development team know if only one pet or both have gone missing, so I'll include this in your report 🙂

Official Response
  • basel19751224
    45 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank u 🙂

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

Just here to say both the wolf and the fox have still not been in the Settlement, from patch 1.1.2 to 1.2.0. Xbox One.

• azullFR
    671 posts

PS4 pro
    At Ravensthorpe only Dandelion is missing at the moment...

Seem's a lot of animal are disappearing in this game (pets, fishes),
    so UBI development team is investigating...
    🤔
    May I suggest to have a look at X-files ?
    Or to send a team at Area 51 ?
    🤡

• HIDDEN1NE
    65 posts

So possible update to Dandelion Puff:

I believe that I randomly came across her while playing the new Ostara festival. Like everyone here I haven’t seen Dandy since first bringing her back to the settlement, except for maybe one time I couldn’t verify if it was actually her or just a random fox behind the roman guy. Well while running up to the longhouse during the egg hunt I believe, out of nowhere pops out a fox from the longhouse and it seemingly wants me to chase it, like Dandy’s AI when first brought home.

I chased it to see what would happen and it just kept running a bit then stopping then run then stop, and so I aimed at it with my bow, because if it was a normal fox then I would be able to see it’s health and the damage to kill it right? Well I aimed and no health bar came up, instead I noticed the white aiming reticle turn faint grey, for when the game won’t allow you to shoot an ally/important person. I aimed again and again, and it wouldn’t let me “attack” this animal, seemingly confirming that this particular fox is as Dandy. All of this you’ll be able to see and discern for yourself whether you think this too is Dandy or a random fox from the video I’ll link.

Now I am in no way saying that this problem is fixed, as this was still so random and the first time in a month that I’ve seen Dandy, because to me if it was fixed, this would be a more set and guaranteed interaction, not some blue moon miracle I randomly caught 😂. Also this won’t pertain to those having Dwolfg problems, but maybe it at least narrows down some things for Dandy. Like maybe it’s AI doesn’t disappear from the settlement entirely, but just completely dips until it randomly wants to show up again. Hopefully this helps the team out and if you have any questions just let me know!

• Kormac67
    613 posts

@hidden1ne Dwolfg is around, Dandy is trapped in the cow pen along with four donkeys with carriages.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics