Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bam152000
    1 posts

Yea ever since that update its been a blocked scene sucks my gf can't watch🙃

I even reported it too ubisoft and they said it was a psn issue even tho its just that game after its newest update

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@bam152000 I did manage to have an agent see the light (I think). If Valhalla and only Valhalla no longer allows Share Play, but every other game I own including Ubisoft titles allow it still, it's clearly a Valhalla problem. There's a logic to that that should not be hard for Ubisoft to understand! I did have to be quite insistent because they were desperate to pin the blame on Play Station, who are not at fault here.

I guess the issue is partly that it's hard to tell whether they really understand the issue, or whether they're just going to brush it under the carpet after the chat ends. It's baffling that Ubisoft continues to ignore this thread. Even if they just acknowledged it and said they were aware of the problem and working on it that would be enough for me!

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-spud Please can you or your team respond to my forum post? A lot of people are having the same issue as me but it's been nearly one week with no response from Ubisoft.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94970/ps4-share-play-problem/16?isSso=true&connectSsoId=7JyelgqAti3BLC3Y%2BfPc3ZT4ciru3PZNO6R%2BfMfY7rs%3D&refreshStatus=ok

• captain_meep
    1 posts

Ive tried to submit a ticket but cant. This is also an issue ive encountered with my friend. Ubisoft are not helpful.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@captain_meep Unfortunately most of the time it’s not an available option. I and others have been able to submit one successfully during the weekday around 4pm GMT.

If you know anyone else who’s had this issue please have them post here. The more traction this post gains, and the more it features at the top of the list of support posts the likelier it is that Ubisoft will eventually respond.

• MandoMori
    1 posts

It surely is this game that has the problem after the update. I was share playing AC Brotherhood and my friend said he wanted to watch more Valhalla so we switched and it was all blocked cutscenes. I've share played it with my friend before with no problem but the big update happened and now everything is blocked. Hopefully, someone will notice and figure it out cause I liked showing my friend the game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for taking the time to report this within the forums. I've passed these on to the development team to see if they can take a closer look at players being unable to use the PS4 Share Play function following TU 1.1.2.

Once we have any new updates to share, we will post them within this thread. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your patience as we investigate this further.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you very much your response, it's great to get acknowledgement of our issue. I hope it gets fixed soon.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@mandomori For sure, it’s certainly the game not a Play Station problem. Hopefully now Ubisoft has acknowledged the problem we will get a fix.

• Redd_Arten
    4 posts

@will771412

For a temporary workaround if you guys are stuck for something to do.

Make a twitch account
    Download the free Twitch App
    Link it to your PlayStation by following the steps
    Press the Share button on your controller and Start Broadcast
    Select Twitch
    (May ask you to authenticate again as a Streamer rather than as a viewer)
    Follow the process through until you can choose to invite someone
    Invite the person you've been Share Playing with, make sure Microphone broadcast is off, and invite them to a party.
    There will likely be a few seconds delay, if you say Jump, then jump, a few seconds later it'll visually happen for your viewer, but it's a workaround at least for now. It isn't perfect, but it's something.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

I'd like to provide you all with an update regarding PS4 Share Play no longer being available. The development team has been investigating this further, and we hope to resolve this issue in a future update. At this moment in time, we cannot provide a definite date for this update, so please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum for the most up-to-date news.

@Redd_Arten - Thanks for sharing that workaround! Though not quite the same as share-play, this will certainly allow friends to watch you play through the game.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis That’s great news! Looking forward to that update.

• Redd_Arten
    4 posts

@will771412 @Ubi-Borealis Bumping thread, no comment in Known Issues or Megathread.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Redd_Arten!

In future, please refrain from bumping threads, as this goes against the forum rules. The Megathread list and the Known Issues lists are non-exhaustive lists, so please don't worry if you don't see an issue that has been reported listed in these places. I can assure you that the development team has been investigating the use of PS4 share play further, and that we hope to resolve this in a future update.

We currently can't provide a definite ETA for this. Once we have more information to share, it will be posted within this thread and within our News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis I am sure I speak for all of us when I say it would feel like Ubisoft took this problem seriously if we saw it listed in Known Issues or the Megathread. I know both are non-exhaustive, but this problem has been officially recognised for a while now. Even small bugs that affect a handful of players are listed in those threads, so it would, in my mind, make sense to add this issue with SharePlay. I would appreciate any clarification on this.

I appreciate that you cannot provide a definite ETA. Is there a rough one you can offer? I'm sure you see issues like this crop up fairly regularly.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @will771412!

I appreciate that you would like a more definite date for the resolution. Currently, we don't have a confirmed time period for when the update containing this fix will be deployed. I wouldn't want to speculate and provide you with a rough estimate, in case any disappointment is caused if an update is not released in that time.

Once we have more information regarding when any new updates are to be released, this will be shared within the forums.

Following your feedback, I've added this thread to the Megathread list. The Known Issues list is managed by the community team, so this isn't something I can personally edit or control myself. I'll pass on the suggestion that this should be added to the Known Issues list in the next community update, though.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks very much for doing that. It would be much appreciated if it were added to the Known Issues list since those seem to be the actively investigated problems. Even more so since this issue was accidentally introduced as a result of the most recent update. I hope to see it there soon.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team plans to fix this issue in tomorrow's update:

(PS4/PS5) Addressed an issue that caused the Share Play option to be no longer available. 

This update is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

If the issue still persists for you following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.0 installed. You can check this in the title menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That you are still unable to use the share play feature when playing Assassins' Creed: Valhalla.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for fixing this. Tested it last night and it works again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming you're able to use Share Play again, @will771412! I hope your friend enjoys being able to play through the game with you again! 😄

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics