Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

I reported an issue recently to do with PlayStation 4 Share Play no longer working on Valhalla (and only Valhalla, its a game-specific problem, see my post below). I chatted earlier in the week with a support agent on Ubisoft's website. They said the issue would be reported but I have not heard back any confirmation of this. I have seen no Ubisoft engagement with original my post either, even though others have commented reporting the same exact problem. How do I change this? I would love to be able to go back to Share Playing this game with my friend as before this update.up

It's very frustrating because the error appears to be an innocent mistake, rather than a conscious decision to stop PS4 gamers from Share Playing Valhalla with friends. This is just the latest in a long line of issues I have had playing this game, and I just want to know that my problem has been noted by Ubisoft and that they will attempt to fix it.

Here's a link to my post: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94970/ps4-share-play-problem

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team plans to fix this issue in tomorrow's update:

(PS4/PS5) Addressed an issue that caused the Share Play option to be no longer available. 

This update is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

If the issue still persists for you following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have TU 1.2.0 installed. You can check this in the title menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That you are still unable to use the share play feature when playing Assassins' Creed: Valhalla.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • WhoIsDesdemona
    2 posts

Also having this issue as of today (first time my friend and I have tried to play since the update) so I'm gonna try to also open a support case about this, but chat currently says unavailable. I can't seem to actually "Submit" the case because the "submit" button disappears after I choose a category for my issue, so I guess I'll just camp that page until Live Chat is available or something. How incredibly frustrating.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@whoisdesdemona I had this issue as well - it was very frustrating and incredibly poor customer service. I just kept coming back and checking the page a couple of times a day. I think I had some luck with it around 4pm GMT. You’ll be able to do it at some point. I would, if I were you, copy a link to this forum post and send it in the chat (whenever you do get through) so they can see multiple people are reporting having this problem.

They tried to brush me off initially until I got an agent to properly read what I was saying about this being a Valhalla-specific issue. The sooner we get an official Ubisoft response on this thread the better - and the best way to do that is to keep reporting the issue.

• Redd_Arten
    4 posts

Reported it to Ubisoft today, was advised it has been sent to the Games team so we'll see how that goes. Linked two Reddit threads of people asking about the same issue.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@redd_arten Thanks. Hopefully our reports have got the ball rolling now. Could you link those Reddit threats here please? Not seen any yet myself.

• Redd_Arten
    4 posts

@will771412 Certainly, commenting and upvoting or adding to the Valhalla subreddit might increase awareness too
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/lm661e/comment/gnv3peu?context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/lldfdg/share_play_on_ps4_not_working_anymore/

Second thread has more traction

• WhoIsDesdemona
    2 posts

@will771412 Finally got through, it happened to be 4pm when I read this lol so I thought I'd try. They wanted an image of the issue for some reason which I barely managed to get my friend on the PS4 in time to get a picture and get back to the livechat before it DCed me from being idle.

All they said is they escalated the issue and will get back to me via email, so I asked if there was an ETA but they said they are unable to provide a timeframe sooo /shrug

Looks like I won't be playing this game for the foreseeable future until Ubi bother to get it sorted.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@redd_arten Thanks for the links. I made an account to comment on them. I just think the more engagement there is with this, as you say, the better our chances of getting it fixed.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@whoisdesdemona That's good that it's been reported. Even if they aren't acting on it yet or taking it seriously it is better to have started the paper trail and at least alerted them to it.

Sadly I agree with your prognosis. It just makes me so annoyed that Ubisoft has ignored this post for nearly a week, but will reply to most other reported issues, however minor, very quickly. It seems like they do not want to take any responsibility for this.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@redd_arten I found yet another thread on Reddit about this. Just trying to make sure people there are aware of this forum post. Its probably best that anyone and everyone experiencing this issue report it on the same thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/lo22bf/ps4_share_play_blocked_scene_issues/

• bam152000
    1 posts

Yea ever since that update its been a blocked scene sucks my gf can't watch🙃

I even reported it too ubisoft and they said it was a psn issue even tho its just that game after its newest update

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@bam152000 I did manage to have an agent see the light (I think). If Valhalla and only Valhalla no longer allows Share Play, but every other game I own including Ubisoft titles allow it still, it's clearly a Valhalla problem. There's a logic to that that should not be hard for Ubisoft to understand! I did have to be quite insistent because they were desperate to pin the blame on Play Station, who are not at fault here.

I guess the issue is partly that it's hard to tell whether they really understand the issue, or whether they're just going to brush it under the carpet after the chat ends. It's baffling that Ubisoft continues to ignore this thread. Even if they just acknowledged it and said they were aware of the problem and working on it that would be enough for me!

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-spud Please can you or your team respond to my forum post? A lot of people are having the same issue as me but it's been nearly one week with no response from Ubisoft.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/94970/ps4-share-play-problem/16?isSso=true&connectSsoId=7JyelgqAti3BLC3Y%2BfPc3ZT4ciru3PZNO6R%2BfMfY7rs%3D&refreshStatus=ok

• captain_meep
    1 posts

Ive tried to submit a ticket but cant. This is also an issue ive encountered with my friend. Ubisoft are not helpful.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@captain_meep Unfortunately most of the time it’s not an available option. I and others have been able to submit one successfully during the weekday around 4pm GMT.

If you know anyone else who’s had this issue please have them post here. The more traction this post gains, and the more it features at the top of the list of support posts the likelier it is that Ubisoft will eventually respond.

• MandoMori
    1 posts

It surely is this game that has the problem after the update. I was share playing AC Brotherhood and my friend said he wanted to watch more Valhalla so we switched and it was all blocked cutscenes. I've share played it with my friend before with no problem but the big update happened and now everything is blocked. Hopefully, someone will notice and figure it out cause I liked showing my friend the game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for taking the time to report this within the forums. I've passed these on to the development team to see if they can take a closer look at players being unable to use the PS4 Share Play function following TU 1.1.2.

Once we have any new updates to share, we will post them within this thread. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and appreciate your patience as we investigate this further.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you very much your response, it's great to get acknowledgement of our issue. I hope it gets fixed soon.

• will771412
    Original poster 24 posts

@mandomori For sure, it’s certainly the game not a Play Station problem. Hopefully now Ubisoft has acknowledged the problem we will get a fix.

• Redd_Arten
    4 posts

@will771412

For a temporary workaround if you guys are stuck for something to do.

Make a twitch account
    Download the free Twitch App
    Link it to your PlayStation by following the steps
    Press the Share button on your controller and Start Broadcast
    Select Twitch
    (May ask you to authenticate again as a Streamer rather than as a viewer)
    Follow the process through until you can choose to invite someone
    Invite the person you've been Share Playing with, make sure Microphone broadcast is off, and invite them to a party.
    There will likely be a few seconds delay, if you say Jump, then jump, a few seconds later it'll visually happen for your viewer, but it's a workaround at least for now. It isn't perfect, but it's something.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics