Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• klarth06
    1 posts

i had the same issue as the player that made this other post https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/90925/bound-to-fate-instant-desynchronization-bug-when-entering-asgard?lang=en-US, but i was able to bypass the desynchronization by fast traveling before the desync was triggered ... but now i'm on a limbo in asgard, because fenrir is still outside the boundaries of the Arena and even if i proceed to damage him until the command "Bind" appear, if i try to use it it just keeps moving even farther from the arena (here you can see that he now is stuck https://ibb.co/zXMcqLJ)... rolling back to a previous save isn't an option anymore...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there @klarth06! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and how you were able to avoid the desynchronization. I understand that this isn't a complete workaround, though, as you're still unable to defeat Fenrir.

I'm happy to share that the development team intend to release a fix for this issue in a future update. We still don't yet have a confirmed date for when this update will be deployed. Once we have more information to share, this will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Catraverick
    2 posts

Blinding Fate: Fenrir goes underground and gets stuck. Loaded save game. It keeps happening, so I "woke up" as suggested. Every time I go back to Asgard I get spawn killed. Managed to get to my map and fast travel. Now Fenrir is outside the arena but not underground. He won't die though his health will deplete, or even react to my presence.
    192 hours, 57 minutes, 42 seconds.
    I bought this game pre-order I have never been able to complete it..
    Xbox one x

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Catraverick! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble during "Binding Fate," and have been unable to defeat Fenrir. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

The development team are aware of this issue, and they intend to release a fix for this quest in a future update. Currently, the expected release time of this update is June 2021, though a date has not yet been confirmed. Once we have more information regarding TU 1.2.2's release, we will share this information within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • NickyleJohaar
    2 posts

There is a problem with this mission whereby as soon as I kill Fenrir, he jumps to the other end of the map then the screen goes red and I die, then when try to redo the mission it takes me the entrance of asgard but the screen remains red and keeps killing so I can't even get to the boss area or redo the mission this has been happening for months

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Binding Fate" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Binding Fate" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • miffrilz
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis the issue is still there.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1029 posts

Hey there @miffrilz - I apologise that we are late in replying to you. I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to complete "Binding Fate".

As yours is the only update we have received on this thread since @Ubi-Borealis' post about the implemented fix in June, it would be helpful if you could provide us with the following details so that we can investigate the issue further with you:

• Which platform(s) are you playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on?
    • Can you detail which quest(s) or world event(s) you completed prior to starting "Binding Fate", and if anything unusual happened that you recall?
    • Can you please check that you have the latest game version (TU 1.3.0) installed?
    • Can you please provide a short video clip showing that you are still affected at this time?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance! 🙂

Official Response
  • miffrilz
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

• PC
    • It was 1.2.2 I believe (I've downloaded the game on the 14th of July), today I started Uplay and it updated the game to 1.3

I've tried to beat this fight only once. Now after the 1.3 patch I've tried a second time and it was successful. The bug didn't occur this time, maybe I just was lucky.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1029 posts

Thanks for your reply, @miffrilz! I'm very glad to hear that after installing TU 1.3.0, you've been able to attempt the fight again and complete it this time. Hopefully you won't encounter any further issues as you continue to progress, but if you do, please don't hesitate to let us know in a new thread and we'll happily investigate further with you! 🙂 Thanks!

Official Response
  • Miseliinimies
    4 posts

Hi. I'm doing this mission on ps5 right now and the Fenrir is stuck underground. I'm using 1.3.0 and can provide video evidence if needed. Hopefully this gets fixed as it is really frustrating when Fenrir is stuck underground with literally one hit left before it is defeated.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1323 posts

Hello @miseliinimies,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please provide us with the previously mentioned video, so we can have a look? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Bourne4918
    1 posts

I understand this is a common bug, regardless, I am unable to fight Fenrir. No damage bar or Fenrir animations.

• Miseliinimies
    4 posts

@ubi-mark I would drop the video here but it seems I don't have enough privileges for that and I don't want to share link to my private youtube account here. Is it possible for me to send it to you privately through some other way?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1323 posts

Hello @Miseliinimies,

Thank you for the update! Can you please upload your video to any video streaming service of your choice and provide us with a link here? It will help us to pass it along to the development team. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • BritBombers
    1 posts

@ubi-mark Hello after patch 1.3.0 I still cannot complete Binding Fate. After drinking the potion to enter Asgard once load is complete I am just free falling until I desynchronize. Cannot fast travel or wake up just have to reload older save back to Ravensthrope. Have no older saves from before entering Binding Fate and have completed entire game thus far. Any help would be amazing

• Miseliinimies
    4 posts

@ubi-mark Here is the link to the youtube video:

. Hopefully it helps.

• falo2k
    22 posts

@ubi-borealis Still very much a problem. I am somewhat amused - it's not the first time we've been told it's fixed. Every time I come back to play a bit of Valhalla I wonder whether it's been resolved, and once again I find myself wasting my time trekking across Asgard to find that no, no it hasn't. It'd be less galling if it wasn't such a boring encounter to start with. Maybe get some different QA people on it. PC, 1.3.0.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@BritBombers - I'm sorry to hear that you're desynchronising when returning to Asgard to complete "Binding Fate." Would you be able to send us a video that demonstrates this happening in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

I would recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

@Miseliinimies & @falo2k - Thank you for taking the time to send us some videos which show the trouble you're encountering when fighting Fenrir. I'm sorry that this issue has persisted for you following TU 1.3.0. I've now reopened the investigation and forwarded your reports to the development team can take a closer look at these. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Orukalt2
    2 posts

I just did this fight, i also had the bug where he just kept going in circles. What helped me was reloading and as soon as he started moving underground , i just stood still and let him hit me.
    Now i could finish the fight. Still i had another small bug , after he threw rocks at me and jumped back into the center, he stood in the air for like 30 seconds.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics