ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. I'm happy to share that a fix for "Binding Fate" was deployed in TU 1.4.0, which was released 9 November, 2021.

Couldn't defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground. 

We will now be marking this topic as resolved. If you are still encountering trouble when fighting Fenrir during "Binding Fate," please would you be able to provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • That you are still unable to complete "Binding Fate" due to Fenrir spawning underground.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Blackspiritu
    2 posts

i have an issue where the wolf boss (small fenrir) wont stop going underground. i run around for 4-6 min and it just spams that ability so i cant fight him. its pretty frustrating.
    Any tips on how to avoid that ? i tried everything. shotting arrows, using abilities, following the wolf as close as posible while its underground to be as close as possible for when it emerges. nothing happens it just comes up for 1.5 seconds and jumps right down into its underground ability again.
    and then sometimes if i get hit by the burrow im oneshotted other times it takes 2 hits.

• Blackspiritu
    2 posts

@blackspiritu i had to leave combat area several times to get it to stop using underground attack otherwise it would do it nonstop. its obviously a pretty bugged boss since release from what i read. so if u have same problem. leave combat area quick and the jump back in.

• Dhanish23
    1 posts

Unable to finish Binding Fate as Fenrir keep going of the fighting are and as the character couldn’t go out!! I on the latest patch 1.4.1.1

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Hey there, @Blackspiritu.

Apologies for the delay in response! Your post was in our Just Dance General Discussion forums, so I've moved it to our Assassin's Creed Valhalla Player Support forums for you. Please make sure you post your questions in the correct forums so they can be routed to the correct location.

Also, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please confirm which platforms you play Valhalla on and if you've performed all recent updates. If you have a clip available, I would be glad to take a look at what's going on.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response and for the double post. I've merged in a couple of threads regarding new reports of issues persisting in "Binding Fate," preventing players from completing the quest. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have been unable to progress in "Binding Fate" due to Fenrir becoming stuck underground. This issue should have been resolved in TU 1.4.0, however the investigation into this issue was reopened following reports that players will still experiencing this trouble in-game.

If you have encountered trouble when fighting Fenrir in "Binding Fate," the development team are interested in collecting a video from you, as this helps to demonstrate how the boss is behaving in your game and how this issue may be occuring. Please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • What happens during the boss fight with Fenrir, and how he becomes stuck underground.

I recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploading to the Cloud? You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save file.

@Dhanish23 - Welcome to the forums 🙂 Are you still having trouble completing "Binding Fate?" If so, can you please provide us with a video demonstrating this issue in-game? We can then pass this along to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Dias_Blade
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    So yeah, I just ran into this bug.
    I'm currently on my 5th attempt at doing this fight, each time I've had to reload a prior save because it keeps glitching after the second binding for one reason or another, always associated with Fenrir diving underground. Here are two videos I took;
    Video One:

Video Two:

• Ubi_Plush
    Ubisoft Support Staff 364 posts

@dias_blade Welcome to the forums 🙂

I appreciate the video and have forwarded it to the game team to help with this investigation. Would you please confirm which game version you are currently playing? This information can be found in the bottom right of the home menu screen. Thank you again for the report.

Official Response
  • Dias_Blade
    2 posts

@ubi_plush

Took a screenshot of the window.
    From everything I can tell, I have the most up to date version of the game. Also, for further clarification, I play on PC via Ubisoft Connect. And yes, I do have a Cloud Save as well. I imagine that will allow your team to access said save file to test it out themselves. I can also assure you my specs are well above what the game needs, so if we're narrowing things down to isolate where the bug is that's one other variable we don't need to worry about. Seems like a logic error with the A.I. for Fenrir. But that's just my guess as an Indie Dev. Prolly something to do with the tracking feature. The one video has him stuck up on the hill underground. He stayed there the entire time until I moved to the far edge, but only to a specific spot which was the closest point adjacent to his cave, and that prompted him to switch over to doing that endless tunneling. Judging from the behavior, it seemed like the A.I. couldn't detect where I was, so maybe something with the Nav Meshing? I dunno.

• archsh3riff
    126 posts

Fenrir keeps glitching .. either floating above the ground .. or his legs are full under the ground .. or not moving fluently, he glitch move, something like teleporting, but with broken skeleton movements ..
    tried it twice, restarted the game, still happening.

• archsh3riff
    126 posts

now he just refuses to resurface .. he is burrowed but only standing there .. glitch, cannot continue

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports of Fenrir's behaviour during "Binding Fate."

@Dias_Blade - Thanks for sharing that screenshot with us to confirm which version of the game you have installed. It looks like you're all up to date! We've shared your report with the development team so they can take a closer look at it as part of the ongoing investigation. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on what could be causing this issue as well. I've included this in your report to the team. 🙂

@archsh3riff - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble whilst fighting Fenrir. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and for including screenshots. I've now forwarded these to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Once we have any updates to share with you all from the investigation, including any news of a resolution, then we will let you know within this thread as soon as we are able to. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forums via patch notes.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • stevepaige
    5 posts

@daddykarl999 2022 and this is still a problem. [censored]

• NukeClown98
    1 posts

I am having this issue with Fenrir getting stuck underground. I have tried this a few times now and it’s getting frustrating as he keeps glitching underground and won’t come back up so I cannot damage him… here’s a link to a video I took of what’s happening.
    within the video is me going onto the menu to show you the latest version I am on too.

please can you let me know how to get past this… thanks

• nicholashimself
    3 posts

Hello. I’m experiencing this game breaking glitch as well. And I wish I had come to this forum prior to spending money on this game, it is certainly
    the buggiest game I’ve ever played. Same glitches experienced while playing ps5 and ps4. I am pretty sad to discover that this was reported in 2020 and still hasn’t been fixed. Please let us know what you’re planning on doing regarding reimbursement, etc.
    for the specifics, fenrir runs his course above the surface and in the air. He also becomes frozen and glides across the field without ambulatory motion. Then he dives underground and doesn’t return. When reloading the game I am spawned below the surface and fall towards desynchronization every time. Please resolve this issue!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us regarding "Binding Fate." I'd like to assure you all that the development team have been notified of this issue persisting in-game, and that the investigation into this quest has been reopened.

I've now shared @stevepaige, @NukeClown98 & @nicholashimself's reports to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation. Thanks for taking the time to include a video in your report as well, @NukeClown98!

@nicholashimself - I'm sorry to hear that you've become stuck in a desync loop whenever you load back into Asgard. Are you able to try reloading an earlier save file outside of Asgard, or from before starting this quest?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CatAlexis13
    1 posts

i'm playing on xbox, bought the game christmas time and i'm up to the same quest of defeating fenrir. i've run into a different problem, i get him down 3/4 of the way and when he leaves the arena he doesn't appear up on the cliffs to throw rocks at me. he just disappears and i wait and wait but nothing happens, he never reappears and i don't see him going in the ground but maybe he does, i've tried a few times restarting the quest but same results. i've looked up this problem everywhere i could possibly but no one has same issue. i'd like to finish the game completely but can not. will this be fixed? soon? or not?
    thanks

Update: about half hour after i wrote this msg i decided to try again, and guess what? it worked out, he showed up on the rocks and i finished the fight with only miner glitches happening.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 605 posts

Welcome to Discussions @CatAlexis13. Your issue sounds different indeed and happy to hear it fixed now, that's why it is important to go through all the basic troubleshooting steps and make a a few attempts to proceed with a quest.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • KevinCortes1177
    1 posts

Todays date is 2-28-2022 and Fenrir is still glitching underground and against the cliff side. I do not understand how you go on to make DLC's but cannot not fix maingame bugs. I am highly upset because as other post suggest it has been two years and your team shows no sign of fixing maingame bugs. Not only is Fenrir a problem there is also a problem with quest npcs that you must follow, then when a combat situation arrives on the path they will get off to help, but will never follow the quest path and the whole game must be closed and restarted. I recently downloaded the game back hoping it was improved from its earlier mishaps, but i cannot not understand why these simple lines of code have not been dealt with. Do no use covid as an excuse, everyone is working now so I do not believe anyone in the gaming community is going to take that as an excuse. Again the date is 2-28-2022. Fenrir is still bugged two years after the first posts I have just read.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3635 posts

Hi @kevincortes1177 I am sorry that this issue has not been resolved.

Some issues are more complex than others, making them more difficult to reproduce and fix. Also attempting to apply a fix in some cases can cause further issues in the game, therefore the development team need to investigate thoroughly before a fix can be applied.

I can assure you that the development team are working hard to resolve all of the issues that are reported.

Official Response

Suggested Topics