Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • pipzuk
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent Yay! thanks for that, I've just about completed everything else so I'm at a bit of a loose end until this is sorted!

• kingsyme
    1 posts

I cannot believe that this is still an issue. Every game has bugs or issues here and there, but I have had multiple issues with not only Fenrir, buy other legendary animals. I thought it would only once in awhile, hit this seems to be a trend now......very disappointed, especially since I have really enjoyed the series overall.

• JohnJohn73
    3 posts

I found a way around the glitch. What I did a couple of things but the one that I think did it was something I didn't do. Do not highlight the icon blue, instead leave it the white color and go through it normally. If fenrir has a smooth movement in the background during the cut scene it should go through. The other thing I did was disable my bow, but I don't think that is what did it.

• JohnJohn73
    3 posts

Try not highlighting the icon blue before starting the mission, leave it white and continue that way. It worked for me first time through. I also didn't use my bow at all, I completely disabled it.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@johnjohn73 Thanks for adding this workaround to the thread. I've forwarded this to the development team as well, but I hope it helps others in the meantime that are currently unable to progress due to Fenrir getting stuck underground.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey everyone! If possible, please try JohnJohn73's workaround, as seen here.

Try not highlighting the icon blue before starting the mission, leave it white and continue that way. It worked for me first time through. I also didn't use my bow at all, I completely disabled it.

If Fenrir remains stuck underground after, our teams are still requesting affected saves, so please send those over to us if possible via a support ticket.

Official Response
  • Huntlet
    1 posts

Got a fix guys. Just basically Limit your fps to 60 prior to the battle you can do it in settings.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Thanks for sharing what worked for you, @Huntlet!

As shared by my colleague UbiExcellent, if you are affected by this issue, we would also recommend trying out JohnJohn73's workaround as well.

If none of these help to resolve the issue for you, please can you open a support ticket and submit your saves for further investigation. Once you've done this, please share your ticket number here so we can ensure that the data is forwarded correctly.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Assassin0209
    9 posts

For me the issue Still exists after today’s patch. Whenever I travel to Adgard the game is just desynching. 😞

• Nodzeth
    2 posts

PS4, I've tried everything. The bug still exists and then some.

Now with a newer bug when he doesn't get stuck underground. Now when I tie the rope around him, I basically get killed by the game physics, flinging me across the entirety of Asguard. Got great snapshots of the map because of this, but not very enjoyable when I'm on the last part. Even got his HP to "0", doing the final kill animation, boom, I get flung across Asguard from his body's hit box landing ontop of me.

Bottom line, he either gets stuck as a mole, or I get "physicsed."

• androadi
    1 posts

I'm getting the same bug too, it mid February!

• Zohairaziz
    1 posts

Still can’t finish the Asgard story after the 1.1.2 Update, Stuck at Binding fate Boss fight where Fenrir suddenly got disappeared from the field.

• Gravewave
    3 posts

as of 10pm pst feb 16th.fenirir boss fight bug not fixed, cannot access yule season river raids

• D34DP1X3LS
    2 posts

@huntlet Thanks. Setting the fps to 60 worked for me. Finally killed him after hours of trying.

• Assassin0209
    9 posts

Is ubisoft working on a solution? Or they don’t even care?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello all!

I've merged together several threads regarding this issue into one megathread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussion. By creating a single thread, this allows us to keep all the information and updates regarding the investigation in one place.

Please note that this thread is about being able to defeat Fenrir during the fight in "Binding Fate." If you're unable to start "Binding Fate" after speaking to Tyr because Eivor can't move, you can now find a megathread for this issue here.

I'd like to provide you all with an update. Please be assured that the development team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating further. At this moment in time, we have no further information to share from the investigation, including an ETA for a fix to be deployed. We apologise for any disappointment caused by this. Once we have any new updates to share, they will be posted within this thread and within our News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out in these places.

In the meantime, it looks like a couple of potential workarounds have been shared within the thread. @Huntlet has suggested limiting your FPS to 60 (if possible) via your settings. @JohnJohn73 also suggested to not highlight the icon blue before starting the mission, and to not use the bow at all. The development team have also suggested loading an older save, if you're able to, to see if this helps you to get past the fight.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • rafman42
    1 posts

Tried about 10 times to complete this but fails at same point everytime, after 2nd bind he goes up on the ledge and throws rocks at me, when he jumps back down, I have no control of Eivors weapons, nothing works other than I can move around, I can't hit him with weapon or arrows and can't pick up arrows or eat mushrooms. No button works just the movement.

• Quixy21
    14 posts

Do these patches even do anything?

It certainly seems like they don't, considering that they don't seem to actually fix issues that they specifically state the patches fix...

• RogueMusicFreak
    3 posts

After talking to Tyr and both Havi and him start walking towards Fenrir, the image gets stuck, then Havi is teleported back to the image and after that i can't move the character and Tyr is walking back to sit on the log where he was waiting for Havi. I noticed this issue is happening for months on other gamers and has not yet been fixed. Even after the big update you guys did by adding the Raids. I ask you to fix it so that we can progress in the game.

• RogueMusicFreak
    3 posts

Guys, it actually worked for me by doing the following: I followed a advice from a person who posted here that it gets unstuck when you change the graphics to Ultra High just before you talk to Tyr and after the game restarts and you talk to Tyr, the cutscene goes on normally. You are just forced to fight Fenrir and see the rest of the cutscene in Ultr high. When all of this is done, restore the graphics to your desirable level.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics