Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2077 posts

Hello there!

@jblong77 - Welcome to the forums 🙂 I believe the issue you're encountering, in which Eivor becomes stuck after speaking to Tyr, is being investigated in this megathread. I'd recommend checking this thread out for more updates and information!

@Assassin0209 - Thanks for opening a support ticket! We've passed this along to the development team for a closer look.

The development team are still investigating "Binding Fate," and being unable to complete the fight against Fenrir further. Once we have any new updates to share with you all, these will be posted within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Binding Fate" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Binding Fate" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • KougouSilurian
    1 posts

I am not having a problem with getting Fenrir to perform.

I had the cutscene in which I was given the cord to bind Fenrir. I went to speak to Tyr to get the battle to start and cannot get the option to speak to Tyr. He is sitting next to the entrance of the large area where the fight should be but I cannot speak to him to start the fight. I also do not have the cord in my inventory. I'm not sure what to do.

• Anan_Isapta
    5 posts

I'm not sure where is best to post this. It's not the same "Binding Fate" bug discussed above, possibly a new one.

At the end of my initial conversation with Tyr, he ends with "...an apt name for his current fate..." and walks away. Eivor starts to accompany him, then snaps back to his original position and cannot be moved; Tyr then comes back and sits down again. After that, nothing works except the "ESC" key, which allowed me at least to exit and restart. That didn't help: I got exactly the same outcome the second time.

Is this a new bug?

• Booneiken
    1 posts

For the quest 'Binding Fate', Fenrir had fallen under the map and I was unable to complete the quest. I continued playing other missions and have now gotten to the point in the story where I need to complete Binding Fate in order to progress. The problem is once I enter Asgard the game instantly desynchronizes me and I get stuck in a loop of reloading and immediately desynchronized. Is there a fix that is available to get passed this issue

• falo2k
    21 posts

@Ubi-Borealis 5 months on and this still isn't fixed? Seriously? This is game breaking. Somewhere you've wasted a developer working on festivals that could be sorting out the broken base game.

• coldcuttx
    1 posts

I am able to get Fenrir to 0%. Boss appears stunned / frozen. I cannot end the fight with a winning blow. Please advise

• J0K3R_3117
    1 posts

I can’t finish the game. When it says return to Asgard to defeat fenrir it goes red once I get there and then it’s done. What can I do? My game is completely up to date. Helpppppppp

• Spectral_Corey
    1 posts

When I walk in Asgard to tie up Fenrir after cutscene my char. cannot move. This happened 2 months ago. I tried to reinstall (didn´t work) Please fix ASAP

• Assassin0209
    9 posts

After the new update (1.2.1) It’s Still not fixed for me (PS5 )

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed response. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intends to fix this issue in a future update! The expected release date for this update is June, though please note that this has not been confirmed. As soon as we have more definite information to share with you all, it will be posted within our News & Announcements forums.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share their reports, and to pass on images, videos and save files. These have all been very helpful in the investigation.

@KougouSilurian & @Anan_Isapta - I'd recommend checking out this megathread for more information on the issue you're encountering.

@Assassin0209 - I can see that this issue was not included in the patch notes for TU 1.2.1, which is why it was not resolved in this update. Rest assured, the development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the forums for future news and updates!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Pandziore
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • klarth06
    1 posts

i had the same issue as the player that made this other post https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/90925/bound-to-fate-instant-desynchronization-bug-when-entering-asgard?lang=en-US, but i was able to bypass the desynchronization by fast traveling before the desync was triggered ... but now i'm on a limbo in asgard, because fenrir is still outside the boundaries of the Arena and even if i proceed to damage him until the command "Bind" appear, if i try to use it it just keeps moving even farther from the arena (here you can see that he now is stuck https://ibb.co/zXMcqLJ)... rolling back to a previous save isn't an option anymore...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @klarth06! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and how you were able to avoid the desynchronization. I understand that this isn't a complete workaround, though, as you're still unable to defeat Fenrir.

I'm happy to share that the development team intend to release a fix for this issue in a future update. We still don't yet have a confirmed date for when this update will be deployed. Once we have more information to share, this will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Catraverick
    2 posts

Blinding Fate: Fenrir goes underground and gets stuck. Loaded save game. It keeps happening, so I "woke up" as suggested. Every time I go back to Asgard I get spawn killed. Managed to get to my map and fast travel. Now Fenrir is outside the arena but not underground. He won't die though his health will deplete, or even react to my presence.
    192 hours, 57 minutes, 42 seconds.
    I bought this game pre-order I have never been able to complete it..
    Xbox one x

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Catraverick! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble during "Binding Fate," and have been unable to defeat Fenrir. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

The development team are aware of this issue, and they intend to release a fix for this quest in a future update. Currently, the expected release time of this update is June 2021, though a date has not yet been confirmed. Once we have more information regarding TU 1.2.2's release, we will share this information within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • NickyleJohaar
    2 posts

There is a problem with this mission whereby as soon as I kill Fenrir, he jumps to the other end of the map then the screen goes red and I die, then when try to redo the mission it takes me the entrance of asgard but the screen remains red and keeps killing so I can't even get to the boss area or redo the mission this has been happening for months

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Binding Fate" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Binding Fate" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics