Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1113 posts

Hello @orukalt2 thank you for your contribution to this bugged quest. Thank you for sharing your steps on how you were able to defeat Fenrir.

Were you able to record any clips of the fight, such as the levitating or circular path he was on?

Are you able to replay the fight and record a video of the exploit for us, then share to a video hosting website such as Youtube and the like?

Official Response
  • Orukalt2
    2 posts

@ubi-milky Sadly all my saves are after the fight.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1113 posts

Not to worry orukalt2, I thought it best to ask for a clip as an example for other players struggling with the Fenrir fight, but thank you for your reply.

I know that it was reported if certain graphics settings were set to low, setting these options to anything other than low could sometimes help the fight against Fenrir proceed, if players had problems with Fenrir clipping through the map or desynchronizing.

We will continue to pass all your reports and video's to the QA team investigating a fix, for players still affected post 1.3.0 update.

If you are a player who has experienced this bug post 1.3.0 update, please answer the following questions in the following bullet point format, for to help us pass this information to our QA team -

• Platform you are playing on?
    • What quest or world event did you completed, prior to starting "Binding Fate"?
    • What update version are you using? (current 1.3.0)
    • Please confirm you have uploaded your affected save file to the cloud
    • Please provide a short video clip of the quest/fight with Fenrir being unachievable
    Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello again @falo2k & @Miseliinimies!

The development team have been taking a closer look at your reports, and so far have been unable to reproduce Fenrir's behaviour during testing. They'd like some more information from you to assist with the investigation.

If possible, please can you send a full-length video of the boss fight with Fenrir. In particular, the team are interested to see what weapons/gear you are using, as well as any attacks/abilities you use during the fight. Being able to see how the fight plays out in-game for you would be very helpful for the team when working out if there are any specifics patterns or triggers for this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Miseliinimies
    4 posts

Hi @Ubi-Borealis . I tried to complete Binding Fate mission and managed to do it after reading your message. Unfortunately I don't have any better clips of the time the bug happened and can't provide any better clips of it. Here is a video of the equipment and abilities I was using during when the bug happened if it helps at all. In the beginning of the video I show an area where the Fenrir got completely stuck and couldn't move at all after it went underground during the boss fight which I think triggered the bug. I don't remember the exact spot where it was stuck but it was near this area. It was there for somewhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. After that it managed to free itself from that position but it wouldn't come up to the surface anymore. I recorded the first clip I sent you after that.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing us with an update, @Miseliinimies! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to complete "Binding Fate" since your last post 😄 I'll share this additional video with the development team so they have a better idea of your set-up going into the fight. Thanks for showing us the location where Fenrir got stuck as well. This could be helpful as the team take a closer look at this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aggiecarlson
    4 posts

I am having this issue even with the 1.3 patch. Anyone know of a way to make Fenrir stop digging? I can't even get him to half health. He just hits a point where he starts digging, and the shield on his health meter goes down for a fifth of a second, and then he just digs again. I tried for a whole hour to beat him, and never got him below half health.

• T4ng0_Hunter
    1 posts

been trying to fight Fenrir for 2 hours but he just keeps doing his underground attack over and over and over..... I once stayed alive for 45 mins and he just kept doing the same thing the entire time.... what am I supposed to do? Is this a bug?

• inxcognito
    61 posts

@t4ng0_hunter try loading an earlier save, i personally never had issues with this fight

• Aggiecarlson
    4 posts

Here is some additional information on the problem I am running into.

• Platform you are playing on? PC
    • What quest or world event did you completed, prior to starting "Binding Fate"? I had just finished the Grantebridge story arc.
    • What update version are you using? (current 1.3.0) 1.3
    • Please confirm you have uploaded your affected save file to the cloud Yes, this save file is present on the cloud, but all save files are affected.
    • Please provide a short video clip of the quest/fight with Fenrir being unachievable

Here is a link to a video I made where the bug is occurring.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

@Aggiecarlson Thanks for the info and video. I have forwarded this and your save on to the team investigating this.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

@aggiecarlson We don't have a known workaround if you are experiencing this currently but if you can provide the information as listed in @Ubi-Milky's post above then we can forward your save and info on to the dev team too.

Official Response
  • Aggiecarlson
    4 posts

@ubi-froggard I provided the information as shown in Ubi-Milky's post in my second comment.

Thanks!

• Ubi-Borealis

Apologies for the confusion, @Aggiecarlson! I can assure you that your report has been forwarded to the development team for a closer look. I'm sorry to hear that you're encountered trouble during the fight against the Lone Wolf in "Extended Family."

Just to confirm, have you tried lowering your graphics setting or capping your FPS? Some players have reported that capping their framerate to 60, or by playing with low graphics settings, they've been able to avoid this issue during the fight. Could you give this a go if you haven't already?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Aggiecarlson
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis I tried setting the graphics to Medium just now, and it made no difference.

Thanks

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1265 posts

Thanks for letting us know that the workaround to change your graphics settings was ineffective for you, @aggiecarlson. Did you also try capping your FPS, as @Ubi-Borealis directed? This has been known to resolve the issue for several players so far, so it would be good to know if it does work for you or not. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • falo2k
    23 posts

@ubi-borealis I honestly can't face playing that fight again having tried it and gotten sick of it far too many times since the game's release, so I'm not going to record a video. Generally my approach has been to use flaming or poison arrows to grind him down, dodge attacks, and then have a good slice at him when he's vulnerable. Really nothing special. I tried the workarounds like frame capping last time and it made no difference. As for the other questions:

• Platform you are playing on? PC
    • What quest or world event did you completed, prior to starting "Binding Fate"? Couldn't tell you as each time it would've been a different one. Most recently it was likely one of the event quests in the home village.
    • What update version are you using? (current 1.3.0) It was 1.3.0 last time
    • Please confirm you have uploaded your affected save file to the cloud: Yes
    • Please provide a short video clip of the quest/fight with Fenrir being unachievable: See previous post on topic.

• Ubi-Woofer

Thank you for your reply, @falo2k. I've familiarised myself with your short video on the previous page, and can see that the issue you're encountering is with Fenrir being stuck underground during the boss battle, preventing him from being able to be defeated. I'm sorry to see that this has persisted even after multiple attempts at the boss fight, and using the workarounds we've suggested.

I've reviewed the investigation into this issue, and can see that a new fix is slated for a future update, though it is not yet confirmed when this will be implemented. We will keep everyone in this thread updated as soon as we hear more on this, but in the meantime, it would be appreciated if you would consider providing the video requested by the developers in case it still may be of help to them. We're unable to proceed further with your report until we have all of the information requested, so should the pending fix not resolve the issue for you later on (hopefully it will though!) a video will definitely be needed then.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • LethiumKite
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer Hey, i'm having a similar issue. After speaking to Tyr the game just teleports me back to where I was before speaking to him. I'm playing the game on Geforce Now so I cant provide any save files etc. If you need I can provide video record with all the settings and items and skills etc. Since i can't change my graphics settings (on reddit some people fixes the situation like that) i have no idea what to do.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey there @lethiumkite - welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you are unable to progress in "Binding Fate" after speaking to Tyr, and find yourself returned to where you were previously stood instead.

If you could provide the recording you mentioned over in this megathread for issues with speaking to Tyr / after speaking to Tyr, that would be greatly appreciated so that I compare it to existing reports we've had of being unable to progress after speaking to Tyr. In those, we saw players stuck and unable to move, with no option to fast travel away either, so I'm wondering if your situation is similar?

If so, the issue couldn't be reproduced any longer as of TU 1.3.1, so to reopen the investigation, a video will be needed. Many thanks in advance for any additional information and resources you can provide! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics