Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Golfbuddy45
    Original poster 5 posts

I have completed all the River Raids with no issues at all but there is nothing else to do in any of the 3 river locations. . Are the various locations in each river going to respawn? I thought the original River Raids release said, REPLAYABLE RIVER RAIDS. . . . . By the way I am Lvl 406 with 60 Mastery Level Points in each of the 3 groups or 180 total Mastery Points.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts
    @golfbuddy45 I have completed all the River Raids with no issues at all but there is nothing else to do in any of the 3 river locations. . Are the various locations in each river going to respawn? I thought the original River Raids release said, REPLAYABLE RIVER RAIDS. . . . . By the way I am Lvl 406 with 60 Mastery Level Points in each of the 3 groups or 180 total Mastery Points.

But it is repeatable, you are free to go back there or to any place you have been, its a complete waste of time and you will get nothing for it, but it is repeatable.
    I think they have no concept of what repeatable content actually means, then again in a game that has no actual loot drops what would be the point. Instead you have a dead map that has so much promise, just sitting there doing nothing, and some instanced raids that past getting all the items will never be played again.

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@golfbuddy45 They didnt lie to you, it's repeatable. Ok, useless and pointless, but still repeatable.
    Do youselft a favor and play something else, this game is only about frustration, assuming you want a real RPG.
    (If you really want an AC game, Odyssey is good, go back there and forget Valhalla)

• davidv81
    67 posts

@torfinr Not sure if Odyssey is a "real AC game" (to me it is not something important at all) but what I can say for sure, it's that Odyssey is the funniest and greatest RPG I have played. I love it in almost everything, so the deception of Valhalla is even greater on me.

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@davidv81 We do agree. I didnt say that Odyssey is a "real AC game" I said that it is closer to what we can call an RPG, while have AC elements in it.
    Origins was 70% RPG, then came Odyssey, 80-90% RPG, we were all expecting Valhalla to be finally 100% RPG, but no... they dropped it to 40-50% RPG. RPG-wise it's a stripped version of Odyssey

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@gloomseeker I agree. Fully.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@golfbuddy45 I actually like the river raids concept, but I am extremely disappointed with how they have implemented them. I really expected them to release a new raid weekly, but after logging in today I see we have no new raid to complete. This could have been used to give some filler while we wait for the DLC to drop.

• Jack287346
    9 posts

I agree. We need more ways to spend the Foreign Supplies, so there's an incentive for repeating the river raids. Right now it is really pointless to repeat them.

• GT40i
    12 posts

It would go a small way to help the river raids if they added all of the materials for upgrading your weapons and gear (titanium, nickel etc.), plus opals. At least then you would have a genuine reason to return.

• Sehentsin
    28 posts

I think it would have been cool if they did more with secret areas. In some of the maps, you can find hidden rooms, well caverns, and sunken bodies, but they do not go very far. I would like to see some caves, hidden passages, and branching tributaries that do not just lead back to the main river. I would also like to see more diverse areas added (which it seems they are leading up to), particularly Eastern Europe like modern-day Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Russia (which seem to appear enlarged on the far right of Vagn's map.

• Sehentsin
    28 posts

@sehentsin Oh wait, I think that is just Denmark.

• GT40i
    12 posts

Hi @gloomseeker. I couldn’t agree with you more. The problem here is that because of the lack of imagination on the river raid design teams part in the first place, what we are all looking for would not be something that would happen overnight, as it needs a complete rebuild. They still can’t get the big Flatfish and Mackerel into the game, items that are required to be able to complete a challenge. However, just because it may take months to implement the major changes it needs, does not mean they should not completely redesign it. This is why I said “...a small way...”, as at least they could easily add materials into the small chests that we currently cannot unlock, if they have previously been unlocked and obviously many other places around the maps.

Sorry, I am unable to relate to your Far Cry New Dawn reference as I have not played this game.

Fingers crossed they listen to everyone.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics