Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• If you are trying for but haven't been able to get Completionist All the Way trophy, have you revisited Asgard and Jotunheim?

0 Likes/5 Replies/64 Views
    JCage89
    Original poster 6 posts

Just a quick note to say that after finishing the main story, I poured hours over a month+ into Orlog games and fish catching and flyting and stone puzzles and psychedelic mushroom sequences... uhm and lighting myself on fire while catching and returning spears at heavy enemies as a means to get the final ultimate Viking Legend trophy. After all of those endeavors, I had earned all trophies in the game except the Completionist All the Way... and Hence the Viking Legend. By picking up the last bits of wealth, mystery and artifact in England (I had already cleared Vinland and Norway of these items) I expected to see the gratification of the Completionist trophy but was left hanging as it failed to trigger with the last of the required items. How could this be? I was certain I had done everything necessary to get those trophies and the check marks next to Wealth, Mysteries and Artifacts in all locations on my map backed that expectation up. This caused hours revisiting locations, reloading earlier saves and search on forum, YouTubes, and such where I read of glitches preventing trophies, etc. And I actually wrote to Ubi Support, mainly about my malfunctioning Spartan Bow following the River Raids patch but added the query on the trophy issue. I got back nothing useful from support in response but happened on the answer myself last last night.

This may seem silly to some, but I neglected to revisit Asgard and Jotunheim. It occurred to me to check Asgard only when I happened to catch a random firefly and went to release it in the pond by Valka's hut. I did not think prior that to revisit those locations because (1) I had completely cleared them of all wealth and mystery when I played trough them as part of the main story and (2) they are easy to forget about because they are not featured on the main map as are the three primary regions of England, Norway and Vinland. Once I went to Asgard, I immediately discovered that four additional mystery locations (a boar hunt, a newly arrive warrior, a misguided cow and a stone circle) appear to have been added after I initially played through them in early December. The same is true for Jotunheim where there were about four new mysteries. Once I finished those additional mysteries in Asgard and Jotunheim, the Completionist trophy immediately sprang up followed by the Viking Legend.

Again, some people may find my failure to recheck Asgard and Jotunheim silly, but hopefully it makes sense why I did when the reports of glitches and bugs are so prevalent and these locations are not prominently featured on the map (vs. traveled to by drinking potions in Valka's hut). Anyway, if this helps one other person who is spending half the time I did recovering locations in the main the regions then it is worth the time it took to type.

Cheers!

JC

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ElMadre1
    87 posts

@jcage89 Yes, I revisit Asgard with every patch to verify that my stupid cow still won't move, leaving me at 97% for all eternity.

• JCage89
    Original poster 6 posts

@elmadre1 Sorry to hear and know that must be super frustrating. So when you break the wooden gates the cow doesn't follow you out? In mine, he just followed me through each broken gate and then out to a frozen bluff where he licked some ice because he was thirsty and that ended the event.

• ElMadre1
    87 posts

@jcage89 No, I've got the commonly reported glitch where the rock got stuck in place and won't move at all, and the cow won't either. And of course the event is located in the most remote place in the entire game, so it takes me about 20 minutes to get there anytime I want to check if it's fixed.

• JCage89
    Original poster 6 posts

@elmadre1Yes realize that's annoying. I know the rock you're talking about but it seemed to me like that didn't need to be moved to let the cow out. I did move mine out of the way but the cow didn't go that way so I broke out another wooden wall on the other side of the pen and it followed me out the back side. I'm sure you probably already tried breaking everything to get the cow to follow but thought I'd mention that. Some of these events were super finnicky about triggering. It took me a ton of time to trigger the Ragnar sequence once they fixed it and I almost gave up on the "Aegir's daughters" sequence in Jotunheim before finally figuring out I needed to look at a wagon turned on its side on top of a roof to get completion on it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics