Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• musketeer5129
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi there,

I have been playing AC Valhalla on my PS4 since its release, then I got my PS5 last week and finally moved everything to the beautiful next gen. Everything went perfectly, except for this annoying Confirm/Cancel button reverse issue:

On my PS4: X - confirm | O - cancel
    But on my PS5: O - confirm | X - cancel

I guess this might be a historical issue, since before PS5, using O (circle button) to confirm is a common practice in most of the PlayStation Asia/Japan version games (instead of using X). However, the recent three AC titles (Origins, Odyssey and even Valhalla on PS4) have all unified and assigned the confirm button to X, but when I launched Valhalla first time on my PS5, this reversed button thing happened again.

I really hope the devs from Ubisoft, at least the people who are responsible for this "localized" controls thing can take a look at this issue. I have played Valhalla (with X to confirm) around 30 hrs on my PS4, and I don't want to change my habits/muscle memory again. I can assure you that this is going to be a much appreciated fix and quality of life improvement on the PS5 Asia/Pacific version of the game! Even Sony has unified the confirm button to X on all PS5 systems: source.

Please change the PS5 confirm button back to how it was on PS4, at least give us the option to choose.

P.S. Yes, I have tried the in-game settings to change the button mapping, but it doesn't solve this problem (there is no option to change the default confirm/cancel buttons).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Cory_CJ_Jackson
    1 posts

Same issue here, please help us to appreciate the PS5 version better

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics