Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Josephus123459
    1 posts

I cannot finish the quest Pricking the needle because everytime i assassinate The Needle it goes to a black screen and it says its loading but then it crashes. Ive loaded up previous saves and nothing is working

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble during "Pricking the Needle," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Coo1io4
    1 posts

@josephus123459 I have a similar issue with the same quest. But I can't attack the needle at all, he is invulnerable and can't be attacked or hurt. When I stand near him he goes into an endless loop of detecting me, does nothing, detects me. He stands in one spot along with the person he presumably just killed in the prior cutscene and does nothing.

• evancade6
    1 posts

Xbox one here, same thing is happening to me. Exact as in video.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

I'm experiencing a bug during Pricking the Needle where I cannot attack/kill the Needle.

Immediately following the Coppergate cutscene where the Needle kills a merchant I fight some of his men but cannot attack the Needle. He alerts in me as if I'm detected but won't move from his spot and is standing next to the merchant he killed (who is alive again, also bugged)

I have tried rolling back to an earlier save and also leaving the area and returning, but nothing works. Frustrating because I cannot progress the storyline or finish the Jorvik pledge.

• DeepWeeds
    1 posts

I'm having this exact same problem and I don't have any other saves to fall back on. Anyone figure this out yet?

• Chaos_cake
    3 posts

@deepweeds Hopefully the patch fixes it for you tomorrow. I've had to go back a couple hours to my previous save to just walk out of the sewers instead of fast traveling out.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

Same issue - hoping for a patch soon!

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

Will that incoming patch 1.0.4 solve this problem? I hope so.

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

@sorvali_sidorov Just checked today after updating, and still no effect for me.

• Rintinsin
    17 posts

I FOUND THE REASON!!!!!!!!!!! (I had this same problem..... good job on the Quality Assurance this is the 2nd time something like this happened to me)

the problem was that I fast traveled out and entered the cutscene sequence above ground from a different point then what was intended by the developers. I fast traveled outside of the sewers because they made it to weird to get outside then way that was intended this meant that I entered combat from his followers before the start of the cutscene causing the bug. When I did it the second time I left the underground portion the normal way as intended by the game devs and had no problem since it put me on top of a roof well out of line of sight of his goons, and safe from combat, before it started the cutscene.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

@rintinsin I'm glad you found a fix. I went back into the underground and tried exiting again but with no luck. The Needle appears standing as shown in other players' photo/video next to the merchant he killed during the cutscene.

Hopefully Ubisoft dev team fixes this soon! Still can't complete the quest or finish pledging to the area.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

@rintinsin out of curiosity did you go back to a previous load or simply go back to the underground? I've lost the ability to go back to a previous load without giving up 10-15 hours of gameplay and going to a manual save I had from a few days prior.

• Rintinsin
    17 posts

@h0bo-baggins
    previous load i make tons of loads but it was still a massive loss in time

• ChefRP
    2 posts

In the pricking the needle questline, I am not able to assassinate the needle. I shoot him with arrows, hit him but nothing will work.

• guest-09LLnpOF
    5 posts

When I go to assassinate the needle as part of the Pricking the Needle quest, I’m not able to kill him or even fight him. Eivor can even stand right next to him and the needle will “discover her” on a loop and never engage in any fighting.

• guest-09LLnpOF
    5 posts

the forum won’t let me insert a video of the issue because I don’t have enough privileges????

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

right now im trying to kill a order member,but the game doesnt do anything,in fact the victim is in front of me,you see the alert counter ,but nothing happens,i attack him,i stand in front of him,nothing!

-there is also no savegame left,except the one for this mission ,currently playing ( pricking the needle,assasinate the needle)
    -at this point i cant proceed,i dont wanna play the game from the beginning,this mission is stuck,i cant proceed with the story now!

• Fursten13
    2 posts

@chefrp i have the same problem, its so annoying, have you fixed it?

• beanofwar
    11 posts

I'm having the exact same issue on Xbox one.

• beanofwar
    11 posts

@h0bo-baggins Same issue for me. Stuck.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics