Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TAWCOOOOKIE
    Original poster 5 posts

I encountered a game breaking bug. I cannot assassinate the needle. He just stands there, no red on the curser. He recognizes me, but I cannot kill him. 😞

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2906 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Pricking the Needle" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Pricking the Needle" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Kumbula95
    3 posts

@tawcooookie, Hey, I had the same issue and managed to get a work around. load a previous save to when you enter the sewers, progress as normal but after getting to the end don't fast travel out. instead progress through the sewer, climb out and there should be a rappel point up onto the roof. if you do that you should be able to assassinate him after the cutscene (took me about an hour and much trial an error).

Hope this helps

• TAWCOOOOKIE
    Original poster 5 posts

Sadly I don’t have a save before the mission, I decided that I would try to come back later and do some other things and sadly that didn’t work.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

@tawcooookie I am sorry to hear that you've encountered this bug.

Can you provide a video showing this issue in action? I can pass it onto the team to look into further.

Official Response
  • Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

I have exactly the same issue in PC. After killing his bodyguards, I cannot hit him by using melee weapons, shot or stab; not able to target him. stuck to progress. I have problem with some other bugs but this is the worst for me. I hate this game if comparing with Odyssey, really. please help!!!undefined

• TAWCOOOOKIE
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-swaggins

sure, I have one on Twitter.

• TAWCOOOOKIE
    Original poster 5 posts

@sorvali_sidorov
    he’s actually stuck in the same exact spot in my game too!

• Chaos_cake
    3 posts

In Jorvik, during "pricking the needle", Needle has no hitbox during his "assassinate" quest, making it seemingly impossible to proceed with the arc. This is on PC and Xbox series X. Tried reloading, going to Ravensthorpe and going back, went and did other quests but nothing is allowing me to hit him.

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

@tawcooookie Yes! Absolutely same. I wish I can still continue.

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

This bug is also reported here:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82517/can-t-progress-in-pricking-the-needle/8?lang=en-US

I have exactly the same problem which I wrote in @TAWCOOOOKIE's thread. I wish I can continue.

undefined

• Chaos_cake
    3 posts

Ahh yes same spot for me too. For what it's worth, he also had no hitbox after opening the door to go outside where he was waiting with guards

• Josephus123459
    1 posts

I cannot finish the quest Pricking the needle because everytime i assassinate The Needle it goes to a black screen and it says its loading but then it crashes. Ive loaded up previous saves and nothing is working

• Coo1io4
    1 posts

@josephus123459 I have a similar issue with the same quest. But I can't attack the needle at all, he is invulnerable and can't be attacked or hurt. When I stand near him he goes into an endless loop of detecting me, does nothing, detects me. He stands in one spot along with the person he presumably just killed in the prior cutscene and does nothing.

• evancade6
    1 posts

Xbox one here, same thing is happening to me. Exact as in video.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

I'm experiencing a bug during Pricking the Needle where I cannot attack/kill the Needle.

Immediately following the Coppergate cutscene where the Needle kills a merchant I fight some of his men but cannot attack the Needle. He alerts in me as if I'm detected but won't move from his spot and is standing next to the merchant he killed (who is alive again, also bugged)

I have tried rolling back to an earlier save and also leaving the area and returning, but nothing works. Frustrating because I cannot progress the storyline or finish the Jorvik pledge.

• DeepWeeds
    1 posts

I'm having this exact same problem and I don't have any other saves to fall back on. Anyone figure this out yet?

• Chaos_cake
    3 posts

@deepweeds Hopefully the patch fixes it for you tomorrow. I've had to go back a couple hours to my previous save to just walk out of the sewers instead of fast traveling out.

• H0bo-Baggins
    8 posts

Same issue - hoping for a patch soon!

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

Will that incoming patch 1.0.4 solve this problem? I hope so.

• Sorvali_Sidorov
    6 posts

@sorvali_sidorov Just checked today after updating, and still no effect for me.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics