Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • 0 Likes/103 Replies/5737 Views
    Pigr0t
    Original poster 4 posts

hi, I'm unable to make any sort of progress after killing the needle in jorvik. The quest marker and quest does not show up on my hud, and only shows up in the options menu. After i went to find ljufvina and talked to her myself, no new quest was given and the quest itself was not completed. talking to ljufvina again only results in the same dialogue and same result. I am unable to progress the story further and reloading and erasing saves does not work. Some help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RaptureA021
    1 posts

After killing both the Needle and Firebrand I am supposed to return to Ljufvina to continue the quest. I talk to her and she tells me to follow her to the archives. Cutscene ends and she stands up, takes 3 steps then rubber bands back to her seat. I've tried multiple ways to get past this bug including loading over an hour prior and redoing everything to no avail. Please help.

• Pigr0t
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi devs,
    There's currently a bug in my game related to the quest Pricking the Needle. After assassinating the needle, the quest marker to talk to ljufvina does not show on my map, and talking to her gives a cutscene but no new quests, and Pricking the needle remains incomplete. Trying to talk to her again gibes the same dialogue and result. I have tried reloading amd overwriting saves but nothing has worked. Please fix this, as i am unable to progress anymore.

• xlocoriderx
    1 posts

I can confirm that and the recent patch 1.0.4 didnโ€˜t fix it. You can talk to Ljufvina but after that she stands up and sits down again. I also headed to the Archives and there is an item glowing green which you cannot interact with.

WARNING spoiler ahead.
    spoiler

FIX IT!!! Already 92 hours into the game wonโ€˜t restart it.

• Ulitmate_Maori
    1 posts

yeah mine is bugged as well im unable to assassinate him hes stuck in one place and wont move

• a-geologist
    2 posts

@ulitmate_maori Same thing for me.

• BubbaBear1543
    1 posts

@rapturea021 Iโ€™m playing on Xbox One and experiencing the same

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

Same
    I'm at 79 hours and now i have to kill the Needle and he glitched out and i cant kill him anymore. He just standing there with another guy besides him and both are untouchable. I tried to load Autosave, Manual save, go somewhere else and come back, explosions, nothing works. Without the quest i cant complete the questline, finish the region, cant finish the Order etc. Seems like quite some people have that bug.
    Did anyone find a workaround? Or did yall just stop playing?

• S5ection8
    1 posts

Hi,
    i had same bug like you. When mission started, after first part in storage, i left to the market. When you travel from storage direction on the market you find three guys and one is green after eagle vision and have key. When you pass near you hear that they gather in he night. I meditate and follow the guy to the house. Killed him and enter house. The rest in hideout is ok. On the market problem starts after cinematic. There is no chance to kill Needle. I try restart, load game, fast travel, nothing. Then i try this and it worked for me.
    Found auto save on the beginning of the Firebrand mission. Mission is short so it's not big lost. Finish Firebrand and first part of Needle mission (storage). After storage left to market but there i ignore that bulky guy with key. In the quest tips it said that you need to show some silver. Turn eagle vision and found merchant on the east from that key guy. Merchant was also green. Go there and speak with him. He will give some info. After him some kid will give you info that key for the hideout is under big statue east from market, and house also. Just go to the east and you will find statue (i think its some roman style) and key. Few steps from key is house. Do rest like you did first time. It worked for me this time I menage to kill Needle and carry on with story without problems. Hope it will help!

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

@s5ection8 Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately all my autosaves changed to the same moment, where the needle stand there in a corner at the market and is invincible. I had alread finished Firebrand and all the steps you mentioned. Then i killed all the enemies on the market . But Needle and another guy who is also invincible walked to a spot and became glitched My last manual save was from a whole day before. I hope Ubi will reset the mission or patch the guy or i wont be able to progress in the game.

• Punished88-
    2 posts

FFS FIX THE DAMN QUEST "PRICKING THE NEEDLE" ITS A GAME BREAKER. WAITED FOR 2 PATCHES AND ITS NOT YET FIXED. The team who worked on this game should be fired.

I cant complete the quest, lufvina or whatever her damn name is wont let me finish it. Stuck at when we're supposed to go to the archives after i kill both the needle and the firebrand. She just says lets go to the archives then sits back down and i can talk to her again and repeat the same conversation. Forever.

I believe this happened because the paper i have to read in the archives with her was readable before i reached this point in the quest and i had already interacted with it but im not 100% sure.

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

This has not even made it into the "Reported Issues Megathread"
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/updated-15-12-reported-issue-megathreads-check-here-for-your-issue/1

Or into the "Known Issues " Thread
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-dec-8/1

Nothing there about Pricking the Needle...

All of these problems with all these missions could possibly be solved with my idea here ->

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/88901/reset-mission-if-it-cant-be-patched-please-consider-reading?_=1608123464593

but unfortunately no one reacted to it ๐Ÿค”

• GaimerLady
    10 posts

This quest alone has so many different bugs and glitches. My quest bugged TWICE.

First time, the key to open the door to find the Needle in the sewers disappeared. Then I tried to reload a save further back and now it is bugged at the Trade Depot and interacted with the scroll that triggers you to go to the market won't trigger.

How is this quest not known yet to developers???

• Bluetzyy
    10 posts

@desperadoz2010 Yea I personally killed him by accident and the little "v" icon was and STILL IS over his corpse. I tried throwing the [censored] over the south bridge to see if it'll fix it and now he's stuck swimming with the fishes. I thought Ubisoft patched all the problem's involving Valhalla such as corrupted files etc but this is probably by far the most annoying bug I've ever encountered. . . ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜’

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

@khaliltrent omg yes i know. I threw corpses at him to get him away from the spot where he is glitched and after like 6 corpses he was far away and started walking around. I was like omg yay i un-glitched it. And then what he do? He walks around the market , still invincible and goes back to the same spot *facepalm*

• Bluetzyy
    10 posts

I fixed the bug actually, I'm not sure if you fixed it by now or tried this yet but either way I'll post it here!
    Start>Main>Load
    Then you're going to click the save Burning the Firebrand
    Once you click that save you're going to have to redo both missions for this specific chapter.

• GaimerLady
    10 posts

@bluetzyy I have a burning the firebrand save and tried re-loading it but I can't get it to work still ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    The earliest save for that quest that I have is right before entering the church to see the Firebrands identity.

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

@gaimerlady Yep, same here. None of my Autosaves worked.

• GaimerLady
    10 posts

@desperadoz2010 I'm sorry ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    I really wish the developers would at least list this bug on their thread so I know they've seen it. . .
    At this moment I have had to stop playing entirely.

• DESPERADOZ2010
    16 posts

@gaimerlady
    Same here, i was trying to go for platinum but because of the bug i cant finish the mission, i cant finish the region, i cant finish the Order questline etc. it really sucks because i really do love the game.
    I was trying to post it on reddit to get some attention cause it seems like devs check there more than in this forum and put my suggestion there to let us reset/restart mission which would solve almost all of the mission related problems but you have to have 20 posts there to be allowed to post and i dont have that -__-

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics