ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-KHvPOdGF
    1 posts

@wh4tislife69 Thanks! Worked for me

• Quiskit
    3 posts

I chose to spare Rued and just got to the bit where he attacks the wedding. I chose the option to fight him myself and the as the duel begins Rued is laying on the ground dead and the game is still telling me to duel him. It will not let me continue from here.
    I tried loading the game but the same result happens. My only theory on how it could of happened is after my boss fight with him he dropped to his knees and I landed a killing blow. The cutscene then played and obviously he isn't dead.
    I literally cannot continue the game. Does anyone know a fix?

• Cross0729
    1 posts

Lighting the body on fire did not work for me.

• ScottieN0
    2 posts

this Post contains spoilers for the Norwich region quest.

When celebrating at the wedding and Ruid escapes and threatens the king when I select Evoir will be his champion if cuts to the battle but Ruid is dead on the floor and I cannot fight him. The crowd is standing there but I cannot do anything. I’ve tried loading from save, fast travelling away and back and closing the game and reloading. I know the consequences of Finnr if I let the king fight so don’t want to choose the other option. How can I get past this?

this is on Series X with latest update of the game

• ScottieN0
    2 posts

I’ve also seen people tweet having the same issue over the last few days. I don’t want to try the other option as I don’t want the consequences of letting Oswald fight... (2/2)

• Quiskit
    3 posts

Same here. Really bummed also cannot continue.

Tried the fire method listed above and also didn't work unfortunately. I've posted myself to hopefully gain viability considering its a pretty massive issue.

• Shad0wDrag0n09
    5 posts

To give more context to the bug, first image is Valdis (the bride)'s brother, I'm supposed to have an bow and arrow shooting contest with this guy, he's down on the ground like he's dead, but his dialogue are still present. Second image is the other brother, where I'm supposed to have a drinking contest, same issue, cannot proceed the quest.undefined
    undefined

• Herruk
    3 posts

@cross0729 after trying it a few times it did work for me.
    You have to stand on top of Rued's body and then throw a torch.
    It did some damage and it triggered the cutscene.

• Stealthy7Ninja
    1 posts

@aimhigh85 I'm actually stuck here too, but instead when I go to shoot the bow at the pots festivity with brothir, when I complete it, he doesn't imitate the dialogue or reward me and instead I'm stuck in one spot unable to move when it's over, can't progress at all, I've loaded a save 2 hours back, and I still ran into this bug!!! I haven't seen any other posts about this specifically so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated!!!

• DragonPaladin69
    2 posts

While playing the Wedding Horns Quest Line, when Rued interrupted the wedding (I chose to spare him in the previous quest), I chose to fight Rued for the king and when the cutscene ended, Rued was already dead on the ground, but the game didn’t recognize that he was dead and now I can’t continue that quest. When I looked at earlier saves, all of the saves from today said ‘Data corrupt!’ So I cannot load to any gameplay that happened today. Anyone have a work around?

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@dragonpaladin69 which quest? Ppl cant help without that info

• DragonPaladin69
    2 posts

@tasha-soriah Apologies, I’m new to forums and submitted the post before I had provided the information or tags. Still figuring how this all works lol.

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@dragonpaladin69 lol its ok, the new forums do take some getting used to.
    Im sry tho, i cant help. Im not that far in the game. However, i have seen posts of others getting corrupted saves. It might help you if you search those, just do a search for "corrupted saves".
    The search link is on the bottom right when your on homepage or you can click the 3 dots towards the top right and theres the search option there.
    Hope this helps in some way

• Jesters31
    4 posts

I'm having the same issue. There is no glitch or lag leading up to it. I can't finish the quest. I even tried to load previous saves and this still didn't work. He is already dead.

• Wh4tislife69
    3 posts

Yeah I was hitting at the part where I was standing over him while lighting him on fire. I was trying to kill myself over his dead body out of frustration. Thats how I realized it worked. lol

• Wh4tislife69
    3 posts

@stealthy7ninja Try creating a save before helping the drunk guy on the roof. When ever Id go back to that save it would move me backwards in the save more and more and did so continuously.

• Quiskit
    3 posts
    @cross0729 after trying it a few times it did work for me.
    You have to stand on top of Rued's body and then throw a torch.
    It did some damage and it triggered the cutscene.

After standing on him and getting burnt myself it worked for me too!

• lasermerc
    1 posts

When I fight Rued at the Wedding he spawns in dead and the fight cannot be completed. I reloaded and they same thing occurred. I'm playing on PC.

• ebad6701
    4 posts

I chose to spare Rued and at the wedding speech Rued killed a guy and challenged the king. I chose to battle for the king and when the duel starts, Rued is dead on the ground and the game expects me to fight him. Nothing can be done except shooting arrows and planting traps on a dead body. I’m stuck! I’m 28 hours into the game. I’ve tried reloading three times. Closing the application and checking for system and game updates don’t help.

• ebad6701
    4 posts

In order to progress, I’m forced to let the king fight Rued.

Suggested Topics